What’s New In The News?

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Answer: The time of day FOX talking heads deliver the news:

Fox News has announced a revamped primetime lineup that will launch in October, ending months of speculation about new timeslots for Megyn Kelly, Sean Hannity and Greta Van Susteren. Beginning in October, Van Susteren’s “On the Record” will move to 7pmET, Kelly’s brand-new “The Kelly File” will take over the 9pmET timeslot and “Hannity” will shift an hour later to 10pmET.

Bill O’Reilly will remain at 8pmET. Shepard Smith, the former host of the 7pmET hour, will take on a new role. He will be the breaking news anchor from the newly-created “Fox News Deck” throughout primetime, in addition to anchoring his 3pmET hour, “Shepard Smith Reporting.”

Fox News Announces New Primetime Lineup: Van Susteren at 7, Kelly at 9, Hannity at 10
By Merrill Knox on September 17, 2013 2:31 PM

Fox News Announces New Primetime Lineup: Van Susteren at 7, Kelly at 9, Hannity at 10 - TVNewser

Maybe I’m missing something here, but I cannot see how shuffling the cards will affect FOX’s determination to implement the Fairness Doctrine; the only network to do so I might add.

Conservative viewers get nothing in the new batting order, nor is there any sign that the makeup of panels will be any different. In keeping with the Fairness Doctrine there is not a chance FOX’s embarrassment of liberals will be sent down to the minors. Hell, the Fairness Doctrine gives FOX liberals better job security than the stars enjoy.

Confession time

My wife signed up for subscription TV two or three years ago. Being a devout channel surfer, I did not bother to learn how to use the functions on the remote for more than a year. When I did learn, the only feature I saw as positive was that I could record a show right on the TV whenever there was a big story that interested me. Few do.

In any event, it didn’t take me long to realize that I could fast forward through the liberals AND THE ENDLESS COMMERCIALS. The PAUSE function gives me the same flexibility as does a recorded show. Neither is as good, or as fast, as zipping through online articles, but at least I can keep liberal garbage out of my head. Put that in your Fairness Doctrine pipe and smoke it, Mr. Ailes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back