What right's should you have to your body/health?

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
Should you be allowed to :

smoke

have an abortion

drink a 32 ounce soda

drink alcohol

suicide

be fat

be anorexic

refuse medicine/or medical help

Republicans feel you have no rights. Not if you're a pregnant woman.

smoke- Up to the individual. I'm not advocating smoking around kids or babies though seeing as they can't really stop an adult from smoking right infront of them and affecting their health.

have an abortion: I fully support Roe v. Wade. It's a woman's choice. I would never have it done, but I shouldn't impose my beliefs on others when it comes their their body.

drink a 32 ounce soda: Their body their choice.

drink alcohol: Again, it's up to the person.

suicide: Depends on the situation, like I support medical suicide, but only if the patient's quality of life will be unbearable.

be fat: dude.... do I even need to say anything about it. Morbidly obese? Not healthy, but its the person's choice to maintain that life style.

be anorexic: Sadly, not really something anyone can have a say in. It's a mental disorder, so whether it's allowed or not isn't really the point.

refuse medicine/or medical help: Depends on a person's state of mind or religious preferences.

smoke- legal

have an abortion -legal

drink a 32 ounce soda- banned

drink alcohol-legal

suicide- (assisted suicide I believe is legal in a few states)

be fat- legal

be anorexic-legal ( in some instances people have been able to get legak control to force feed a person)

refuse medicine/or medical help (illegal you are not exempt for religious beliefs or otherwise, you cna refuse treatment but not vaccines as far as I am aware, unless it's been changed

So why is it legal for most things, but you can't drink a 32 ounce soda in New York?

Is that law not for health reasons?

Shouldn't people be allowed to consume sugar if they want to?

:cuckoo:

smoke- legal

have an abortion -legal

drink alcohol-legal

be fat- legal

be anorexic-legal ( in some instances people have been able to get legak control to force feed a person)

refuse medicine/or medical help (illegal you are not exempt for religious beliefs or otherwise, you cna refuse treatment but not vaccines as far as I am aware, unless it's been changed

So why is it legal for most things, but you can't drink a 32 ounce soda in New York?

It mayor said he banned it for health concerns..... :rolleyes:

smoke- legal

have an abortion -legal

drink alcohol-legal

be fat- legal

Sure I get that, but then all the other things are legal, if someone wants a cigarette or a beer in new york that is legal.

Sure I get that, but then all the other things are legal, if someone wants a cigarette or a beer in new york that is legal.

I agree, it's stupid...

Republicans feel you have no rights. Not if you're a pregnant woman.

Why would you morn the death of common sense when the death of common sense perpetuates the liberalism you love so much. You love the death of common sense and knowledge in general. I don't know why.

What rights should we have regarding our own bodies?

All of them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back