What "rights" does nature give us?

You're either bored or you're just feeling like arguing. Not a criticism, I often do that myself.

Many English words have multiple meanings you know.

Carry on.

It's a valid argument.

At the baseline for people arguing for "natural" rights, they are saying that rights are innate.

They aren't.

It's a human construct.

It's the same as arguing "religion" is "natural".

It's not..for very much the same reason.

Yours is a tiny minority opinion, of course.

You are a freak, swallow.

You constantly keep bothering straight men for a swallow or bringing up your vulgar homosexual proclivities and "I'm" the freak?

Really SniperFag? :eusa_eh:

You do this in thread after thread..and not only to me.

You are always the first one with some vulgar and graphic homosexual activity.

I mean..if that's your thing..fine.

But keep it to yourself.

Faggot.

Or be branded a freak.

None. We have NO "natural" rights.

We are not at the top of the food chain. If you don't know or believe that, leave your gun, shoes, clothes and go live in the woods. Leave those things because they are not "natural". Just you and NATURE. The joke says "... you're crunchy and taste good with ketchup" but it wouldn't be funny if it really was just you, in your "natural" state, against "nature". You'd be dead a few days.

"... life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ..." Hardly.

I'll also add the phrase we hear, "god-given rights". There are no such things. The rights we enjoy and take for granted are hard won by our soldiers. To say that they are "given" to us is an insult to those who have given their lives so we have the right to sit here and call our political leaders names without fear of reprisal.

No one, real or imagined, gives us rights of any kind. We fight for them, in nature or not.

Interesting question, Sallow.

Last edited:
Well of course.

And people involved in this sort of ridiculous argument have divorced the meaning of "nature" from what it actually is..

You're either bored or you're just feeling like arguing. Not a criticism, I often do that myself.

Carry on.

It's a valid argument.

At the baseline for people arguing for "natural" rights, they are saying that rights are innate.

They aren't.

It's a human construct.

And the golf swing is a human construct.

So it is not a valid argumnet. To the contrary, I find it as a schildsih way to be argumentative.

It is bad enough that you want to change what our founding fathers have offered us...

But now you want to change the way we use our language.

Dam...you will argue anything. Its fucking amazing.

No wonder you seem so bitter.

read John Locke

I have.

He's wrong about "natural rights".

Nature..as we define it..is pretty different from human constructs.

In nature, rights are defined by groups of animals banding together.

And by the animals in that group.

Sound familiar?

:eusa_eh:

No, but feel free to subject yourself to bondage. I'll stick with individualism and freedom.

There aren't many that "subject" themselves to bondage.

Including the many people that this country has tried or successfully enslaved.

Well of course.

And people involved in this sort of ridiculous argument have divorced the meaning of "nature" from what it actually is..

Carry on.

It's a valid argument.

They aren't.

It's a human construct.

Their definition of natural comes from (mostly) God. You are using it in the most strict and secular definition. It's their definition of "natural". Your argument is valid, but it is still semantics.

So then, in sallows world, the governing body can choose to say, wipe out an entire race of people based purely on a majority rule of law. Since no one has any right to exist beyond the constructs of man's governing "service".

Isn't that right?

That's true.

And here's something that's going to rock your world.

It's happened.

No shit it has happened. Like I said, we'd be a whole different type of fucked up being without the continous touting of man's natural right. And yes, I'm also aware that humans are hypocritical.

Only in LOLberal utopia are humans of perfect action/thought.

We are not at the top of the food chain. If you don't know or believe that, leave your gun, shoes, clothes and go live in the woods. Leave those things because they are not "natural". Just you and NATURE. The joke says "... you're crunchy and taste good with ketchup" but it wouldn't be funny if it really was just you, in your "natural" state, against "nature". You'd be dead a few days.

I'll also add the phrase we hear, "god-given rights". There are no such things. The rights we enjoy and take for granted are hard won by our soldiers. To say that they are "given" to us is an insult to those who have given their lives so we have the right to sit here and call our political leaders names without fear of reprisal.

No one, real or imagined, gives us rights of any kind. We fight for them, in nature or not.

Of course it is..and the usual suspects are rocked by it.

On the one hand..they are like..you are on your own.

But on the other hand..some pixie in the sky protects their every move.

Which is it?

I have.

Sound familiar?

No, but feel free to subject yourself to bondage. I'll stick with individualism and freedom.

Why would you have a problem with slavery when you don't believe rights actually exist?

Well of course.

Carry on.

It's a valid argument.

They aren't.

It's a human construct.

No argument that it is a human construct.

I'll also add the phrase we hear, "god-given rights". There are no such things. The rights we enjoy and take for granted are hard won by our soldiers.

Yes, we are at the top of the food chain and yes we can toss our worldly possessions and live in the woods. We have done it before.

Stalin and mao would love you.

Mans ability to create guns, clothes, traps come from a natural ability to adapt and have thumbs, fucker. Are you next going to argue that man is an alien to this "nature"?

Jesus you turds are fucking one dimensional.

Technology is part of evolution of the human species. Evolution has put us on top of the food chain.

Natural rights...
General: Fundamental human rights based on universal natural law, as opposed to those based on man-made positive law.

Read more: What are natural rights? definition and meaning

Natural law...
Idea of perfect law based on equity, fairness, and reason, by which all man-made laws (see positive law) are to be measured and to which they must (as closely as possible) conform. Natural law is derived from the concept that the entire universe is governed by cosmic laws on which human conduct should be based, and which can be deduced through reasoning and the moral sense of what is right or wrong.

Read more: What is natural law? definition and meaning

I have.

Sound familiar?

You're talking about physical bondage but people do it everyday by agreeing to be led by certain ideologies which entraps and limits choices.

Well of course.

Carry on.

It's a valid argument.

They aren't.

It's a human construct.

I agree with you. Take civilization out of the equation and it's survival of the fittest. If you kill someone, you don't have anyone to answer to other than someone who may have cared for that person who was killed, but then again, that could be considered "society."

Forget the definition of "natural" for a moment and focus on "right." A "right" as defined on dictionary.com:

a just claim or title, whether legal, prescriptive, or moral: You have a right to say what you please.

We all know that the law (legal) can treat others differently. We all know that people have different morals. A "right", whether natural or artificial, by definition is the ability to do something without persecution. As established earlier, that persecution would come from the society in which a person lives. Take society out and the is no "right" to do anything, really.

Our "natural" rights is just a moral construct put together by the society in which we live. We have the right to free speech, the right to practice any religion we'd like, the right to bear arms, but those rights are only valid within the construct of our society. A governing body simply enforces/respects those rights that are mutually agreed upon by a moral, collective civilization.

Last edited:
the 1600-1700s called and wants its controversy returned. It's 2013, dude.

Unbelievable.

Carry on.

It's a valid argument.

They aren't.

It's a human construct.

Their definition of natural comes from (mostly) God. You are using it in the most strict and secular definition. It's their definition of "natural". Your argument is valid, but it is still semantics.

This is the problem with arguing with the type of people we have in politics right at the moment.

This is the sort of ideology they constantly bring up..and, by in large, it has nothing to do with modern issues.

Which is why it should be vetted..over and over again.

Why would you have a problem with slavery when you don't believe rights actually exist?

You are confusing the argument.

It's not that I don't think rights exist.

It's that I do not think they are natural or innate.

You're talking about physical bondage but people do it everyday by agreeing to be led by certain ideologies which entraps and limits choices.

No one is forced to stay in this country.

Forum List

Back