What "rights" does nature give us?

Basically, you can not argue with sallow on this because he's going to keep after the "gotcha" of natural rights. He's more than content to lick another man's boots.

No, it doesn't kill my argument. The argument you're trying to construct is that the only rights anyone has are those given by a governing body. That's just not so. And even though the enlightment age came with hypocritical aspects, it was progress.

Trim your eyebrows.

That's absolutely true.

Which is the point here.

You don't have natural rights.

The right to not be killed? You are mistaken. If that right doesn't exist then no rights exist.

Swallow is of course arguing that the Founding of the Nation on God granted inalienable rights is incorrect.

Few Leftists actually believe in America.

SniperFag..the nation was not founded on god granted rights. No god appears in the Constitution. And the Christian bible defines no rights. Only laws. And most of these laws do not appear in our system of justice.

Like you can be a faggot if you want too. That wouldn't be cool with Christians.

See SniperFag? Your faggotness isn't supported.

See? LOL

He won't even admit that the Declaration of Independence is a Founding document.

Swallow is of course arguing that the Founding of the Nation on God granted inalienable rights is incorrect.

Few Leftists actually believe in America.

SniperFag..the nation was not founded on god granted rights. No god appears in the Constitution. And the Christian bible defines no rights. Only laws. And most of these laws do not appear in our system of justice.

Like you can be a faggot if you want too. That wouldn't be cool with Christians.

See? LOL

He won't even admit that the Declaration of Independence is a Founding document.

It's not.

Nature doesn't give you a "right" to live.

The problem Sallow, is that you are using a different definition of "Natural" than the proponents of Natural Rights. But I think you know that.

Well of course.

And people involved in this sort of ridiculous argument have divorced the meaning of "nature" from what it actually is..

You're either bored or you're just feeling like arguing. Not a criticism, I often do that myself.

Many English words have multiple meanings you know.

Carry on.

So then, in sallows world, the governing body can choose to say, wipe out an entire race of people based purely on a majority rule of law. Since no one has any right to exist beyond the constructs of man's governing "service".

Isn't that right?

See? LOL

It's not.

LOL

July 4th is a National holiday.

Nature doesn't give you a "right" to live.

The problem Sallow, is that you are using a different definition of "Natural" than the proponents of Natural Rights. But I think you know that.

Well of course.

And people involved in this sort of ridiculous argument have divorced the meaning of "nature" from what it actually is..

No they havent.

The term "natural" has become a term that does not simply refer to "nature"...it is a term that has been acceptedly been used in other contexts.

For example....the natural way to swing a golf club is to use your back as the axis and follow through without leaving the plane......but there are professional golfers that have what is deemed as an "un natural swing" such as Fred Funk. Yet neither swing is "of nature"

Sorry if words have "evolved" over the hundreds of years of the english language...and more sorry that it bothers you.

But it shouldn't

So then, in sallows world, the governing body can choose to say, wipe out an entire race of people based purely on a majority rule of law. Since no one has any right to exist beyond the constructs of man's governing "service".

Isn't that right?

If one does not accept our rights to be inalienable, then of course he believes all of that.

Well of course.

You're either bored or you're just feeling like arguing. Not a criticism, I often do that myself.

Carry on.

It's a valid argument.

At the baseline for people arguing for "natural" rights, they are saying that rights are innate.

They aren't.

It's a human construct.

It's the same as arguing "religion" is "natural".

It's not..for very much the same reason.

Well of course.

Carry on.

It's a valid argument.

At the baseline for people arguing for "natural" rights, they are saying that rights are innate.

They aren't.

It's a human construct.

It's the same as arguing "religion" is "natural".

It's not..for very much the same reason.

Yours is a tiny minority opinion, of course.

You are a freak, swallow.

It takes a really twisted view of history to complain about the source of our liberties to the piont of saying they dont exist outside the governing body. That's why sallow likes the government so much. To him, the government is more natural than nature itself. Government is omnipotent. It is all knowing and can choose to grant or remove your ability to live. At will.

Fuck, these types are deranged.

read John Locke

I have.

He's wrong about "natural rights".

Nature..as we define it..is pretty different from human constructs.

In nature, rights are defined by groups of animals banding together.

And by the animals in that group.

Sound familiar?

:eusa_eh:

No, but feel free to subject yourself to bondage. I'll stick with individualism and freedom.

Isn't that right?

That's true.

And here's something that's going to rock your world.

It's happened.

Forum List

Back