What "rights" does nature give us?

There aren't many that "subject" themselves to bondage.

Including the many people that this country has tried or successfully enslaved.

Why would you have a problem with slavery when you don't believe rights actually exist?

You are confusing the argument.

It's not that I don't think rights exist.

It's that I do not think they are natural or innate.

so basically you're unnatural.......a lib through and through.....

The rights nature gives us boil down to once concept: our lives belong to us and we have the right to be left alone.

Why would you have a problem with slavery when you don't believe rights actually exist?

You argue that rights are pretended.

Are black people created equal, or should slavery be decided by popular vote?

the 1600-1700s called and wants its controversy returned. It's 2013, dude.

Unbelievable.

It's your folks that keep bringing it up.

Yes, we keep bringing it up because people like you want to keep trying to tear down our founding principles.

400 years later, and you guys still want to get people to give up their individualism, inalienable rights and liberties, to join your cult of "The Hive Mind".
You really need to tweak your argument if you want people to be swayed. This "your rights don't exist" ploy is a loser.

It doesn't matter. The majority will decide. Even if that ends in genocide.

Yes, we are at the top of the food chain and yes we can toss our worldly possessions and live in the woods. We have done it before.

Stalin and mao would love you.

Stupid insult but -

You really believe that you could go out in the woods, NO shoes, NO clothes, NO NOTHING and -- What? Build a shopping mall?

Takeastepbackward
Mans ability to create guns, clothes, traps come from a natural ability to adapt and have thumbs, fucker. Are you next going to argue that man is an alien to this "nature"?

Jesus you turds are fucking one dimensional

REALLY stupid insult, but -

This is even better. No clothes, no shoes, no tools and you're gonna build guns, make clothes and build traps BEFORE you freeze to death?

More than half of us now live in cities where the closest they get to animals is on their plate and they have no idea how it came to be there. Yes, the natural world is alien to most and they like it that way.

TMHarley
Technology is part of evolution of the human species. Evolution has put us on top of the food chain.

Thank you for simply commenting without adding a childish insult.

Yabut, if you had to leave it all behind, just you, starkers, out in the middle of no where, our evolution would not save you in time. Yes, you could build traps, shelter, eventually make clothing but no where near fast enough.

They aren't "pretended".

And that black people were created equal was decided by a particularly bloody war.

Look it up.

Unbelievable.

Yes, we keep bringing it up because people like you want to keep trying to tear down our founding principles.

400 years later, and you guys still want to get people to give up their individualism, inalienable rights and liberties, to join your cult of "The Hive Mind".
You really need to tweak your argument if you want people to be swayed. This "your rights don't exist" ploy is a loser.

People like Sallow are similar to those that get a gift and are upset it wasnt more in line with what they wanted.

We were given a gift by our founders. They fought for it, many died for it, all suffered for it...and they gave it to us.

And now some of us are saying..."thanks, but we want something different"

So let's hear your concept of rights then. If they're not natural then where do they originate from, who controls them? If it's survival of the fittest or the more mighty, we just go back to existing exactly like human kind did for thousands of years prior to the constitution. All of your little minority groups wouldn't stand a chance, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The irony is that you attack exactly that which upholds the very things you hold dear, and you don't even realize or understand that.

Unbelievable.

Some founding principles need and needed to be torn down.

We no longer subject people to slavery.
Women can vote.
White Christian Landed Gentry are no longer the only folks that can participate in government.

Horseshit.

You claim that rights are pretended, and as such the rest is entirely arbitrary.

Would not a majority vote that all Chinese women become sex slaves to the rest of us make it a right? Afterall, you think rights are just a fairy tale construct of man.

Women can vote.
White Christian Landed Gentry are no longer the only folks that can participate in government.

:lol:

And it's the constitution that brought all of that about and the concepts of freedom and individual liberty. And you're too stupid to realize it.

So let's hear your concept of rights then. If they're not natural then where do they originate from, who controls them? If it's survival of the fittest or the more mighty, we just go back to existing exactly like human kind did for thousands of years prior to the constitution. All of your little minority groups wouldn't stand a chance, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The irony is that you attack exactly that which upholds the very things you hold dear, and you don't even realize or understand that.

You're wrong about that.

I do fine in this society..and would do just fine in a society where strength and brawn rule the roost.

In any case, rights are defined by societies..which are human constructs..not natural ones or ones that are defined by supernatural beings.

They aren't "pretended".

And that black people were created equal was decided by a particularly bloody war.

Look it up.

So equality of blacks lies strictly in force of government, then?

A right attributed to man and government can be just as easily taken away by man or government... A right attributed to 'nature' or 'god' or 'the creator' is portrayed to be above man or government, hence the recognition of this in the document empowering the government does not empower the government to take it away without dissolving the government

Women can vote.

:lol:

And it's the constitution that brought all of that about and the concepts of freedom and individual liberty. And you're too stupid to realize it.

The main beauty of the constitution..was it's ability to change.

It's a "living and breathing" document.

That's a concept you folks reject.

Slavery was codified in the Constitution at one point.

Until it wasn't.

You're wrong about that.

I do fine in this society..and would do just fine in a society where strength and brawn rule the roost.

In any case, rights are defined by societies..which are human constructs..not natural ones or ones that are defined by supernatural beings.

So, whoever has the ability to seize and maintain power defines everyone's rights?

Forum List

Back