What resrictions should be placed on the right to bear arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of my own personal curiosity, how many of you here have any experience with citizen's militias? Do any of you know of any militias that have obtained mechanized equipment or artillery equipment?
Just asking.......I am not saying they do, just wondering what weaponry you think these guys have.
Do any of you know any militia guys in your area? Any militia members here?

Just out of my own personal curiosity, how many of you here have any experience with citizen's militias? Do any of you know of any militias that have obtained mechanized equipment or artillery equipment?
Just asking.......I am not saying they do, just wondering what weaponry you think these guys have.

I don't have an experience with them, but I don't see how they could legally obtain anything above an assault rifle.

I don't have an experience with them, but I don't see how they could legally obtain anything above an assault rifle.

So if it isn't legal your saying they don't have anything more than semi-automatic rifles?

I guess these in the pictures are all semi-auto right?
Sometimes it's legal to own machine guns and automatic rifles with monster clips.
I don't know anything about mechanized military vehicles being legal, so I won't show the pictures.

Attachments

• $Militia_Christmas.JPG
    $Militia_Christmas.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 60
  • $20091112_2438.jpg
    $20091112_2438.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 43
So if it isn't legal your saying they don't have anything more than semi-automatic rifles?

Not legally.

I would assume. It's not illegal to have a Kalishnikov as long as it doesn't go full auto.

Sometimes it's legal to own machine guns

How? A machine gun is not the same thing as an assault rifle. Machine guns are belt feed, gas operated, yada yada yada.

I don't know anything about mechanized military vehicles being legal, so I won't show the pictures.

Armored vehicles might be legal, but I know a Bradley with a 25 mm bushmaster main gun is not.

BTW, has anyone here ever hung any mortars or bubbled up a mortar and started dropping rounds? Considering the complexity of that task, you might want to rethink what your neighbors can and can't have.

Not legally.

I would assume. It's not illegal to have a Kalishnikov as long as it doesn't go full auto.

Sometimes it's legal to own machine guns

How? A machine gun is not the same thing as an assault rifle. Machine guns are belt feed, gas operated, yada yada yada.

Armored vehicles might be legal, but I know a Bradley with a 25 mm bushmaster main gun is not.

BTW, has anyone here ever hung any mortars or bubbled up a mortar and started dropping rounds? Considering the complexity of that task, you might want to rethink what your neighbors can and can't have.

Agreed, the task (and the risk) is too great for most in our society.

The fact is though that for whatever reason, some of these guys legally have what we are told is not legal. I don't know what a Bradley is, but I know there are SUV's with big guns mounted on them, as well as trailers full of stuff that I would guess are not supposed to be in the hands of civilians, especially in peace time at these little "get togethers". Just sayin'.............

Agreed, the task (and the risk) is too great for most in our society.

And yet, you have people on here who advocate for "anything the Army has the common citizenry should also have!".

It's absurd.

The fact is though that for whatever reason, some of these guys legally have what we are told is not legal. I don't know what a Bradley is, but I know there are SUV's with big guns mounted on them, as well as trailers full of stuff that I would guess are not supposed to be in the hands of civilians, especially in peace time at these little "get togethers". Just sayin'.............

What you are referring to, what we called "hiluxes", basically converted pickup trucks with gun mounts, I don't see any reason why those should be illegal.

That's not an armored vehicle.

But if you think a bunch of citizens are going to stand up to a mechanized infantry company, have at it.

Ever heard of Mogdishu? Enough angry fuckers with Aks and RPGs can defeat the entire American military machine.

You can have a tank if the main gun is disabled and you put rubber wedges in the tracks. I've seen a few privately owned APCs in town from time to time, although they are unarmed and quite old.

For Armoured vehicles - If you are from the USA Normally an import licence is required

Surplus Military Vehicle prices

FV432MKII (2/2) latest model revision released. Has all the late model improvements such as the low profile outer door cover for the NBC filtration unit, hydraulically driven cooling fans, latest updated K60 Rolls power pack, low hours and fully refurbished and serviced. Vehicle was completely taken apart and had a no expense spared full restoration inside and out. Everything was either replaced with NOS parts or rebuilt as needed to put it back to as-new condition. Just to name a few of the items that are new....new tracks, track pads, drive sprockets, road wheels, periscopes, radios, intercom units, lights, turn lamps, seats, driver harness, wiring harnesses, brake bands, fluids filters and service items and too many other small items to list.

The photos speak for themselves. The vehicle has always been kept in a climate controlled warehouse since restoration and is in the condition as shown in the photos.

Price: $65,000.00

Armor Page 1

☭proletarian☭;1852088 said:
But if you think a bunch of citizens are going to stand up to a mechanized infantry company, have at it.

Ever heard of Mogdishu? Enough angry fuckers with Aks and RPGs can defeat the entire American military machine.

In a battle? Sure. Long term? No way.

Also, we intentionally played with a soft hand in the Islamic world for the whole hearts and minds bit.

There are two ways to fight an insurgency. Soft hand or Ghengis Khan. We have to go soft hand in Iraq/Afghanistan because we still want to maintain some sort of moral high ground and the rest of the world is watching.

When the war is on our own soil and for all the marbles? Forget it. It will be brutal and ruthless.

Just as it was in 1861. There were insurgents in that war too. They just weren't important in the long run.

I suppose you think Sherman's "March To The Sea" was an athletic exercise.

☭proletarian☭;1852129 said:
You can have a tank if the main gun is disabled and you put rubber wedges in the tracks. I've seen a few privately owned APCs in town from time to time, although they are unarmed and quite old.

A tank without a main gun isn't going to do you much good.

Also, the old APCs are swiss cheese against DU rounds.

We left, didn't we?

The Redcoats left, yes?

Many revolutions have occurred in history when the ruling class' army was better armed and trained.

☭proletarian☭;1852129 said:

A tank without a main gun isn't going to do you much good.

Also, the old APCs are swiss cheese against DU rounds.

*points at Viet Nam and Iraq*

Winner: insurgency

☭proletarian☭;1852088 said:

Also, we intentionally played with a soft hand in the Islamic world for the whole hearts and minds bit.

There are two ways to fight an insurgency. Soft hand or Ghengis Khan. We have to go soft hand in Iraq/Afghanistan because we still want to maintain some sort of moral high ground and the rest of the world is watching.

When the war is on our own soil and for all the marbles? Forget it. It will be brutal and ruthless.

Just as it was in 1861. There were insurgents in that war too. They just weren't important in the long run.

I suppose you think Sherman's "March To The Sea" was an athletic exercise.

@pro - You forgot about the rest of the statement. He is quite right. The only times when the American military leaves is on a political decision to save face or we have not fully committed to a battle. If it is all or nothing within our own borders there is no chance of a civilan victory over the military. The weapon systems that the military has at its disposal are insane. We can put an aircraft in the air that can strike almost 200 separate targets anywhere in the world right on top of any target without the need to refuel and flying at a height that cannot be shot down equipped with amazingly accurate surveillance equipment. This is with DUMB fire weapons. Smart weapons are another story all together. If you have seen footage of what a 130 gunship can do I can’t see what chances a civilian force would have.

The insurgency won in Iraq? Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back