CDZ What reason have middle and working class voters to think Trump gives a damn about them?

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
If one is part of the middle or working class base of Trump's supporters, I bid you tell me, when prior to wanting your vote did Donald Trump ever cater to anything you wanted or needed?
Heck, you can't even buy stock in his company because it's not publicly traded. Every single business deal he's done is for his and his immediate family's personal gain. Moreover, he's the least charitable billionaire on the planet.

The only thing he's ever put his name on that is readily accessible to the people he claims to be "for" is his clothing line. And unlike Sam Walton, he doesn't even wear the suits branded with his name. The man wears bespoke Brioni suits...suits costing every bit of what you'd expect a billionaire might be willing to spend on a suit.

The simple reality is that until he decided he wanted middle class and working class citizens' votes, Trump didn't even think about them. Now the man's decided that since he can't sell them anything, other than his reality shows and beauty pageants, he'll milk them for their votes and try to get them to elect him President.

Last edited:
I don't believe that Trump has any love for the middle class, but I know that those in Washington now DONT.

We are just hoping that Trump shows us some love, because those there now have forgotten us.

If one is part of the middle or working class base of Trump's supporters, I bid you tell me, when prior to wanting your vote did Donald Trump ever cater to anything you wanted or needed?
Heck, you can't even buy stock in his company because it's not publicly traded. Every single business deal he's done is for his and his immediate family's personal gain. Moreover, he's the least charitable billionaire on the planet.

The only thing he's ever put his name on that is readily accessible to the people he claims to be "for" is his clothing line. And unlike Sam Walton, he doesn't even wear the suits branded with his name. The man wears bespoke Brioni suits...suits costing every bit of what you'd expect a billionaire might be willing to spend on a suit.

The simple reality is that until he decided he wanted middle class and working class citizens' votes, Trump didn't even think about them. Now the man's decided that since he can't sell them anything, other than his reality shows and beauty pageants, he'll milk them for their votes and try to get them to elect him President.
I think his ego will fuel him to do good. I think his ego is too big to let him be a one term POTUS.
I think Trump generally cares about the country and its citizens.
I also think he is a business man, and I get that. I don't hate him for it. I especially don't hate him for being a business man and then go and vote for a corporatist :thup:

CDZ pollution. Call the EPA.

The only thing Trump has ever really accomplished is make money (though we don't know how much since he won't release his tax returns) at the expense of investors, employees, and local governments.

Not seeing how that makes an attractive candidate.

I shop at Target and eat at Carls jr. sometimes, but the owners of those companies aren't running for office.

I don't believe that Trump has any love for the middle class, but I know that those in Washington now DONT.

We are just hoping that Trump shows us some love, because those there now have forgotten us.

Why do people blame the government for a bad economy? When most people in my company go for years without a raise, even though I know that our company is profitable I blame upper management.

Trump should be able to answer that himself, better than anyone else would. How about you give him better attention? The man has a complicated manner with his devotion to the people, I agree, but that is why he requires individual and direct attention since every individual has some unique complexity or other of how they would like or need to be served. The fundamental perspective so that Trump can actually be understood by each and every worker who pays close attention to him is the certainty and knowledge of basic human needs. Then after those are fully recognized by the various aggroupations under general health (diet, shelter and education) the interested and interesting worker may understand each and every politician as they pay close attention to how the politicians alternate their speeches between public and private preferences to integrate every side of political citizenship and establish general unsectorialized (integral) health.

Why do people blame the government for a bad economy? When most people in my company go for years without a raise, even though I know that our company is profitable I blame upper management.

Health.

If people are unhealthy they cannot perceive or contribute adequately, thus never understanding the sources of provision as a conjoined endeavor which they themselves are part of (ie. Government).

Therefore any healthy citizen should aim with their work to better the infrastructure of the country so that there is no more innapropriate blaming or depriving that may come to be endemic.

FYI there hasn't been a politician in your lifetime that gave a shit about the people
Why do you think Trump would be any different

FYI there hasn't been a politician in your lifetime that gave a shit about the people

The line from his supporters is that he is and will be. I'm asking folks to look at the evidence available in total and ask themselves how is it they come to actually think that is or will be so.

I believe he'll be different; I don't believe it'll be in a good way that he differs from what we've seen before. I believe that were Trump elected, we'd be taken from bad to worse, not bad to better.

Trump supporters for the most part don't care. They like his crude rhetoric and false bravado and aren't going to listen to any negatives. In my experience they flat out don't care that he lies through his teeth every day, but I do tend to get that deer in headlights look from them when I ask what makes them think that if he lies about his own businesses he's not lying about everything.

All I know is economy sucks and Obama stomped black people into the ground, Bernie, Biden and Hilly told me so

Ted Cruz v Donald Trump. The contest? How often they've been accused of being a demagogue. The difference between Trump and the rest? Style. Not inconsequential, but it's really only style. Otherwise they all say nothing substantial and instead appeal to our worse angels with red meat or our better angels with empty promises.

Trump is a crass man. People excuse this as non-PC. I hate PC culture, but I believe in civility, respectfulness, gravitas, circumspection, diplomacy. None of these skills are necessarily an asset in the NY real estate market, believe me. In the realm of the presidency they are essential to the smooth functioning of the nation and by extension the entire world. How is it that not a problem for his supporters?

Ted Cruz v Donald Trump. The contest? How often they've been accused of being a demagogue. The difference between Trump and the rest? Style. Not inconsequential, but it's really only style. Otherwise they all say nothing substantial and instead appeal to our worse angels with red meat or our better angels with empty promises.

Trump is a crass man. People excuse this as non-PC. I hate PC culture, but I believe in civility, respectfulness, gravitas, circumspection, diplomacy. None of these skills are necessarily an asset in the NY real estate market, believe me. In the realm of the presidency they are essential to the smooth functioning of the nation and by extension the entire world. How is it that not a problem for his supporters?
b/c many Americans are fucking tired of the world telling us what to do and how to be.

It's so bad that leftist demand we be like parts of a world that has people leaving it to come here instead.

The line from his supporters is that he is and will be. I'm asking folks to look at the evidence available in total and ask themselves how is it they come to actually think that is or will be so.

I believe he'll be different; I don't believe it'll be in a good way that he differs from what we've seen before. I believe that were Trump elected, we'd be taken from bad to worse, not bad to better.

The line from the supporters of every politician is the very same

I'm a truck driver with 20 years experience, a bad economy doesn't bother me in the least. I get at least 2 telephone calls a month from companies wanting me to go to work for them, and my email is full of them.

The government wants to tell all of us what to do, and what we can eat, and that we have to buckle up and have insurance, but they sure didn't bother to make the insurance companies cut their prices.

Many middle class workers pay more money in insurance than they do for their house payment, or rent, and some even pay more than their car and housing costs combined.

But, hey, when we are making 50 grand a year, we can afford that right? afford to pay 5200 a year in just insurance premiums, then pay deductibles, and non covered costs, and make sure we only go to doctors in network.

Figure in housing, cars, utilities and food, and you might have enough left to pay for your non covered prescriptions.

Washington says: Good luck, and don't forget to pay your taxes, cause we need our retirements to get fatter.

The OP has poorly worded the question. Trump represents that government currently cares LESS about them than Trump.

Forum List

Back