What proportion of U.S. women obtaining abortions are Catholic?

from guttamarcher

right out of the gutter is about right. As if a woman is going report what religion they are when getting ready to kill their child by abortion

you abortion lovers are sick and twisted. but you wouldn't be for abortion on demand if you weren't.

No one is forcing you to have one.

What makes you think you can control other peoples lives... Stephanie is not happy until government control has taken over...

Get the government out of our lives...
You say you want government out of your lives. Does that extend to the ownership of guns, or the ability to start a business, or is it only abortion where you want privacy?

The same question applies to you and any other person who would claim to be conservative, yet oppose abortion rights. True conservatives stand opposed to government intrusion on all of the issues you mentioned, including abortion.

Or one can be a strict constructional federalist, and say that the abortion question is left to the State legislatures. Due to my libertarian leanings, I oppose restrictions on abortions before the 2nd trimester for any reason, and support restrictions after this only if they allow abortions for medical reasons. However I see no reason why Alabama and Kentucky cannot place more stringent restrictions if they feel like it.

Or one can be a strict constructional federalist, and say that the abortion question is left to the State legislatures. Due to my libertarian leanings, I oppose restrictions on abortions before the 2nd trimester for any reason, and support restrictions after this only if they allow abortions for medical reasons. However I see no reason why Alabama and Kentucky cannot place more stringent restrictions if they feel like it.

One problem: It doesn't matter if it's state, federal, or local government. A conservative should oppose unwarranted government intrusion at all levels. It's no more acceptable for a local government to ban handguns than it is for the federal government.

One problem: It doesn't matter if it's state, federal, or local government. A conservative should oppose unwarranted government intrusion at all levels. It's no more acceptable for a local government to ban handguns than it is for the federal government.

The problem with the "conservative" and "liberal" labels is shown by this post. What you are talking about really isn't a "conservative" but a "Big L" Libertarian. Social conservatives want to ban the crap out of everything, just like progressive liberals do, its just they want to ban different things.

I know "strict constructional federalist with small "l" libertarian leanings", is a mouthful, but it far better describes my position that calling my a conservative, although if you go by the liberal/conservative labels, I fall more under the latter.

Good thing that before his visit to the US the Pope announced priests can absolve women who have had an abortion. In the US about 1 in 3 women or 30.1% depending on whose study you want to cite, will have an abortion. The abortion rate for Protestants is 15 per 1,000 while Catholics have abortions at the higher rate of 22 per 1,000.

What proportion of U.S. women obtaining abortions are religious?

Answer
More than seven in 10 U.S. women obtaining an abortion report a religious affiliation (37% protestant, 28% Catholic and 7% other), and 25% attend religious services at least once a month.[38] The abortion rate for protestant women is 15 per 1,000 women, while Catholic women have a slightly higher rate, 22 per 1,000.[32]

So what are we to glean from this? You're still killing a human baby regardless if you're protestant, catholic, D or R.

Forum List

Back