What our deniars pine for

giphy.gif

500 mountains destroyed, 3200 streams destroyed, huge areas rendered a moonscape;

Old story. Not getting any better. She was singing about Kentucky. Here is another, by John Prine.

You know how we get the minerals needed for your wind turbines and solar cells, right?

And what we want is to not lower our standard of living because you dolts are afraid of the climate.
This thread is less about the climate and more about the forested hills, mountain destruction, and pollution from the extraction itself. There is no such thing as clean coal from day 1.

This thread is less about the climate and more about the forested hills, mountain destruction, and pollution from the extraction itself. There is no such thing as clean coal from day 1.

The same "destructive practices" are needed to mine the metals, rare earth elements and other components for so called "clean energy"

So why is mining coal evil, but mining the ores needed for solar panels and wind turbines not?

The same "destructive practices" are needed to mine the metals, rare earth elements and other components for so called "clean energy"

So why is mining coal evil, but mining the ores needed for solar panels and wind turbines not?
Really stupid. There are not that many lithium mines in the world. And most are in really arid regions, not where they are destroying forests and watersheds.

Just have to continually lie, don't you. 19% of US generation comes from coal now, and that number is rapidly declining. 20% from renewables, 20% from nuclear, and 40% from natural gas. And last year, 2021, 92% of new generation was solar and wind. You deniers continue to be losers, proving with every post what kind of alternative universe you live in.

I know nothing about them. I do not think they are doing much destruction and pollution in Tennessee, but coal industry is known in this country to devastate the land and pollute down stream, transferring the real cost to the country as a whole, that does not participate in the profits. It is known as externalizing costs. Good for the business, bad for the ones that pay the price, plus the coal itself is a massive destructive force to the world, worldwide. It is dirty energy from start to finish. You sound like a city dweller. Large cities often have whole sections of filth and destruction, so some there have no appreciation for the natural unspoiled parts of the country, and figure anything for a buck. I, on the other hand, have spent a lifetime, hiking, climbing, canoeing, kayaking, exploring, cross-country navigating, backpack camping. Your coal does not benefit me, but destroys or pollutes the wild places. Ever visit a steel town back in the day of coal-fired plants? Smells awful. The air burns you nose and eyes. They were nasty.

What Warmist/alarmists obsession does to the environment.

The damage from LITHIUM mining to the Environment.

View attachment 596343

View attachment 596345

View attachment 596346

View attachment 596348

View attachment 596349

View attachment 596350

LINK
OK, let us compare;
1643869426089.png

This was forested land. And the dumped the waste into the canyons, destroying the streams. And there are 500 of these in just one state. While the lithium mines are usually one off affairs for any one area. But this was exactly what I was expecting from people that lack morals or ethics.

OK, let us compare;
View attachment 596355

This was forested land. And the dumped the waste into the canyons, destroying the streams. And there are 500 of these in just one state. While the lithium mines are usually one off affairs for any one area. But this was exactly what I was expecting from people that lack morals or ethics.

Ha ha, I haven't disputed your photos at all, just noting your hypocritical attacks on "deniers" about your photos.

Forum List

Back