"What Me Work?" What Obama Hath Wrought

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
[There are many things in this world that are mutually exclusive.
Youth and wealth. Wisdom and health.
Another is Personal Freedom and Personal Safety. To achieve safety in income, one must give up some or a lot of their personal freedom. In this "Age Of Obama", the man in charge has even made it more lucrative to be dependent upon the state than working, in the eventuality that you even found a job.
There's a billboard on the highway near a city I like to call "Welfare Central" simply because nobody who lives there has to pay a cent for any prescriptions they have filled at the drugstore. 100 years ago immigrants used to come there for the jobs, making watches, lipstick cases, or shell casings. Today, immigrants come only for the welfare the state readily provides. The billboard reads "Real Patriots Pay Their Fair Share". I dunno, but one per cent of the population paying 64 per cent of the Governments revenues sounds like more than a fair enough share. ]

"It all still sounds great when promised on paper, until your money isn't worth the paper on which it's printed. That's when everything is going to hit the fan if we don't turn things around, which is precisely what Romney and Ryan have committed to - while having the track record and expertise to suggest they can do it.

A Wisconsin lawmaker says the state’s “generous” suite of publicly funded benefits is a disincentive to work and an assault on hard-working, middle-class wage earners.

And state Sen. Alberta Darling contends a new study underscores the problem.

The River Hills Republican points to the recently completed analysis by the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau, which took a look at social service programs and their payouts at Darling’s request.

Darling asserts a Wisconsin family receiving government benefits could qualify for nearly triple their yearly salary.

For instance, a single parent with one child earning $15,130 could conceivably receive up to $43,277 between income, benefits and the state’s refundable tax credits.

Public assistance includes everything from health care to food stamps to Wisconsin Shares, the state’s subsidized child-care program."

What, me work? Public assistance recipients earning double their income in benefits - Riehl World View

My step granddaughter brings in over $5,000 a month in public benefits. There is no way she would lower herself to work.

I've heard from serveral oil and gas industry execs that it's almost impossible to find people willing to put out the effort to learn and earn. They've gone so far as to send recruiters into neighborhoods who are met with the attitude "why bust my ass when it's doing fine sitting on the couch".

Forum List

Back