What makes America great?

WOW, once again the far left shows they are willing to show they do not believe in real and actual history, they only believe in far left religious dogma.
Okay Kosh. Looks like you need the question spelled out to you. What do you mean by the term, "believe in history?" Folks believe in a god.

Yes I know the far left religious narrative you were trying to run.

And the far left drone that you skipped over, shows they do not believe in actual real history. Like you they only believe in far left religious dogma.

The far left always gets history wrong, and the post I quoted proves that!
I'm sure you feel better about yourself after posting such complete bullshit.

History is not a belief. It is a record.

Yes far left religious dogma is a belief and not a matter of record and connected to reality. But that is par for the course for the far left.

"Yes Kosh's religious dogma is a belief and not a matter of record and connected to reality. But that is par for the course for Kosh."

Just did a little edit there to help you out, Kosh. Make some popcorn and watch a movie. You will be better off.

Getting a bit off topic there champ....anything constructive you'd like to add?

Okay Kosh. Looks like you need the question spelled out to you. What do you mean by the term, "believe in history?" Folks believe in a god.

Yes I know the far left religious narrative you were trying to run.

And the far left drone that you skipped over, shows they do not believe in actual real history. Like you they only believe in far left religious dogma.

The far left always gets history wrong, and the post I quoted proves that!
I'm sure you feel better about yourself after posting such complete bullshit.

History is not a belief. It is a record.

Yes far left religious dogma is a belief and not a matter of record and connected to reality. But that is par for the course for the far left.

"Yes Kosh's religious dogma is a belief and not a matter of record and connected to reality. But that is par for the course for Kosh."

Just did a little edit there to help you out, Kosh. Make some popcorn and watch a movie. You will be better off.

Getting a bit off topic there champ....anything constructive you'd like to add?

MAGA. Satisfied now 101?

A really powerful military and huge economy. That's pretty much the only thing great about it. In every other category, someone else is better. Often much better.

Those two things are the fountain for everything else, LOL!

Americans- as a people- inherit certain inalienable truths such as life, liberty, peace, prosperity, etc.*because* there is the most powerful and technologically advanced military force and job-creating engine paving the way.

The Ethics of Work - Capitalism gives America a this-worldly focus in which death and the afterlife recede from everyday view.

Agree with everything else you've posted but have a difficult time digesting this as a "good thing".

The lack of reminders about our mortality and the fact that we are essentially living on borrowed time is precisely what allows for sin to permeate not just through this land- but the world over. If man were to think more in introspection of their purpose in the "now" in relation to the "after", that would be the optimal condition.

Relative to other countries, capitalism provides much better work ethics. Granted work-ethics of some individuals seems to be nonexistent but as a whole this country does pretty well.

You didn't understand me correctly- I'm not against capitalism rather I am ardently for it.

However, when capitalism is unchecked and allows for us to lose sight of our mortal condition and that we are really not architects of *everything* in our lives as far as life and death are concerned, that becomes a problem.

A really powerful military and huge economy. That's pretty much the only thing great about it. In every other category, someone else is better. Often much better.

Americans- as a people- inherit certain inalienable truths such as life, liberty, peace, prosperity, etc.*because* there is the most powerful and technologically advanced military force and job-creating engine paving the way.

Except America has never actually lived up to the dream, and probably never will.

What makes America great?

Those who feel a need to ask the question will never understand the answer.

Some of us would like to hear other peoples opinions....except yours...dumbass.

And some of us don't care what you want.

Wow, ain't that a shock, coming from some liberal idiot.

Wow, ain't that ironic in this topic, seeing as how Liberalism is what created this country.

The Ethics of Work - Capitalism gives America a this-worldly focus in which death and the afterlife recede from everyday view.

Agree with everything else you've posted but have a difficult time digesting this as a "good thing".

The lack of reminders about our mortality and the fact that we are essentially living on borrowed time is precisely what allows for sin to permeate not just through this land- but the world over. If man were to think more in introspection of their purpose in the "now" in relation to the "after", that would be the optimal condition.

Relative to other countries, capitalism provides much better work ethics. Granted work-ethics of some individuals seems to be nonexistent but as a whole this country does pretty well.

You didn't understand me correctly- I'm not against capitalism rather I am ardently for it.

However, when capitalism is unchecked and allows for us to lose sight of our mortal condition and that we are really not architects of *everything* in our lives as far as life and death are concerned, that becomes a problem.

Ok, and what is our mortal condition?

America had the morality and conscience to abolish Slavery vs the many cultures throughout Asia, Africa, The Middle East, and Latin America that continue the practice of Slavery in various forms; including, Human Trafficking. It is these countries and cultures that The American Left placates and patronizes when they have the audacity to wag their finger at US about our ‘history’ when they refuse to clean their own house in Present Day and the Left refuses to hold them accountable for their perpetuation of Slavery..... and, Racism.

Actually all the European colonial powers that trafficked in America and African slaves, and most of the colonies they established, had already abolished and banned slavery before we did. So that 'morality and conscience' took its sweet time getting here versus England and France and Spain and several new countries south of the border.

It's impossible to make the ridiculous case that "the left perpetuated slavery". Slavery requires a stratified social hierarchy and that's a feature of the Right, not the left.

Cool story bruh but abject fantasy, denialism and self-delusion.

Actually, you need to go back and re-read my post. Never did I say that America was first to abolish Slavery nor that we were ahead of Europe. If Europe was first and Asia, Africa, The Middle East, and Latin America are still engaged in Slavery, where does that leave America? Keep hating on US and bad history alive while giving despots a free pass.... a staple of The Left.

America had the morality and conscience to abolish Slavery vs the many cultures throughout Asia, Africa, The Middle East, and Latin America that continue the practice of Slavery in various forms; including, Human Trafficking. It is these countries and cultures that The American Left placates and patronizes when they have the audacity to wag their finger at US about our ‘history’ when they refuse to clean their own house in Present Day and the Left refuses to hold them accountable for their perpetuation of Slavery..... and, Racism.

Bull pucky. America, unlike other countries, went to war with each other with hundreds of thousands of deaths.

All other countries abolished slavery with simple legislation.

Are you saying there is no Slavery practiced today in Asia, Africa, The Middle East, or Latin America? They all abolished it and it no longer practiced?

Actually all the European colonial powers that trafficked in America and African slaves, and most of the colonies they established, had already abolished and banned slavery before we did. So that 'morality and conscience' took its sweet time getting here versus England and France and Spain and several new countries south of the border.

It's impossible to make the ridiculous case that "the left perpetuated slavery". Slavery requires a stratified social hierarchy and that's a feature of the Right, not the left.

Actually, you need to go back and re-read my post. Never did I say that America was first to abolish Slavery nor that we were ahead of Europe. If Europe was first and Asia, Africa, The Middle East, and Latin America are still engaged in Slavery, where does that leave America? Keep hating on US and bad history alive while giving despots a free pass.... a staple of The Left.

Actually I don't "need" to re-read jack shit, nor do you tell me what I "need". Slavery is illegal everywhere, and this country did not do it out of your pipe dreams of "morality and conscience". It took a bloody war over greed built on the backs of that human traffic, and it took longer here than it did elsewhere, so AGAIN you're selling a bag of bullshit here and I'm seeing right through it.

It's hard to believe that here a century and a half later some wags are still trying to white-knight for Slavery.

Most of us have heard Gov. Cuomo's opinion on this, for those that haven't.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo - Bing video

We also know the Obama's were not thrilled with this country.
Michelle Obama Proud American Statement - Bing video

Regardless of what Cuomo and the Obama's have to say, America is a great country. Let's hear what you feel is great about America.

What's Great About America

America's Good Life - America provides an amazingly good life for the ordinary guy. Rich people live well everywhere, but what distinguishes America is that it provides a remarkably high standard of living for the "common man."

Equality - Critics of America allege that the history of the United States is defined by a series of crimes-slavery, genocide-visited upon African-Americans and American Indians. Even today, they say, America is a racist society. The critics demand apologies for these historical offenses and seek financial reparations for minorities and African-Americans. But the truth is that America has gone further than any society in establishing equality of rights.

The Pursuit of Happiness - America offers more opportunity and social mobility than any other country.

Ideals and Interests - America has the kindest, gentlest foreign policy of any great power in world history.

America's Virtue - America, the freest nation on earth, is also the most virtuous nation on earth.

As my parents put it, you can litarally roll out of bed here and make money. Opportunity all over.

Ok, and what is our mortal condition?

....the fact that we *are* mortal. What else would it be?

Except America has never actually lived up to the dream, and probably never will.

It has when you compare across the board with/against other nations throughout the globe.....instead of comparing with some deluded realm of Utopia concocted within the margins of your cerebrum.

Are you saying there is no Slavery practiced today in Asia, Africa, The Middle East, or Latin America? They all abolished it and it no longer practiced?

I'm saying there was nothing moral about going to war and wasting thousands of human lives to end slavery when everyone else in the world who ended slavery did so without going to war. The latter being the actual moral solution.

Actually I don't "need" to re-read jack shit, nor do you tell me what I "need". Slavery is illegal everywhere, and this country did not do it out of your pipe dreams of "morality and conscience". It took a bloody war over greed built on the backs of that human traffic, and it took longer here than it did elsewhere, so AGAIN you're selling a bag of bullshit here and I'm seeing right through it.

It's hard to believe that here a century and a half later some wags are still trying to white-knight for Slavery.

You keep saying Slavery is illegal everywhere.... you sure about that? Many acts are illegal yet they are still being practiced (eg speeding, drugs, guns, immigration, prostitution). I don’t know where or how you have gleaned that I am a proponent for slavery when I have called out many places around the globe that still tolerate it when compared to the USA. Is the USA still engaged in Slavery? No. To engage in Slavery is immoral... we both agree there. You are more intent on punishing America for ending Slavery vs. holding this accountable where Slavery is currently tolerated.

It has when you compare across the board with/against other nations throughout the globe.....instead of comparing with some deluded realm of Utopia concocted within the margins of your cerebrum.

There are many European countries with much higher standards of living.

Forum List

Back