What makes a man a slave?

&

☭proletarian☭

Is it the condition or the experience (read: awareness or realization) of bondage which makes a man a slave? Is a man a slave prior to realizes that he is a slave. Is a man deprived of his liberty if he is unaware that he is in a cage?

Does anyone remember Jose??????

Does this guy sound like Jose or what?

☭proletarian☭;1772185 said:
Is it the condition or the experience (read: awareness or realization) of bondage which makes a man a slave? Is a man a slave prior to realizes that he is a slave. Is a man deprived of his liberty if he is unaware that he is in a cage?

It's real simple.

A man chooses.

A slave obeys.

I always thought gravity a hard task master.

In paticular when I am drunk and jumping off my roof naked.

How odd that I compare whatshisname to Jose and suddenly, after months, Jose appears..

What's up with that?

friend of mine has an artiifcal leg...he also likes to drink to much...his 2nd wife would come home...find him passed out cold and take his leg...he didnt wear it much in the house...and toss it on the roof...good times...good times

Anyone who feels stress if they miss one of Rush's shows.

You do not need to realize that you are a slave to be a slave.

The question you ask is related to the concept "Perception is Reality". Perception may not be true(i.e. reflective of reality) and it does not matter what the slave may believe, he is still a slave in fact.

Is a man deprived of his liberty if he is unaware that he is in a cage?

The answer is yes. In fact the whole notion of liberty and rights can be curbed if no one ever teaches you that you have them or show you how to exercise them. Recall--man is born in ignorance. The question on how a man is educated becomes the very template to how a man appreciates life.

It's real simple.

A man chooses.

A slave obeys.

Is it that simple? Does not a slave choose to obey his master? Can a man be forced to act (short of mind control), or can others merely restrict the options from which he an choose?

You were supposed to aim for the pool, not the driveway.

The question you ask is related to the concept "Perception is Reality". Perception may not be true(i.e. reflective of reality) and it does not matter what the slave may believe, he is still a slave in fact.

The answer is yes. In fact the whole notion of liberty and rights can be curbed if no one ever teaches you that you have them or show you how to exercise them. Recall--man is born in ignorance. The question on how a man is educated becomes the very template to how a man appreciates life.

Then, if a man has abhors slavery and values liberty for himself and others, is he not obliged to free even those slaves who are unaware of their bondage?

What if the slave has constructed the very system which binds him, believing that his condition is that of liberty, as is the case with the liberal in a capitalist society?

☭proletarian☭;1772893 said:

Then, if a man has abhors slavery and values liberty for himself and others, is he not obliged to free even those slaves who are unaware of their bondage?

What if the slave has constructed the very system which binds him, believing that his condition is that of liberty, as is the case with the liberal in a capitalist society?

Not just a liberal in a capitalist society. Cons as well are slaves of the beast they have helped create. Neither side is exempt from the fruits of their labors.

It is the liberal ideology (see: Classical liberalism) which constructs the capitalist system in its current form, since the Bourgeois who had gained influence in the colonies gained power and, after leading a War for Independence form the British crown, secured their power in the USA. (Notice who was allowed to vote: Rich White landed gentry). To this day, the State is controlled by those who wield the most capital, wwhile the same ideology which idealizes this system as the best form of representation teaches the masses that they have the power.

☭proletarian☭;1772893 said:

When you say "abhors slavery" ask, are you speaking of all types of slavery, or only certain types in which the inidvidual suffers needlessly?

I do not abhor all forms of slavery. I do not believe man should enjoy all forms of liberty. Am I, therefore, your enemy when it comes to matters of freedom and slavery?

Forum List

Back