What makes a man a slave?

I concur that there can be an incorrect perception of one's condition, though I'm not sure something so obvious needs to be stated.

Really? How do you account for people voting for the candidates who promise to "get government off their backs" when they aren't NEARLY (and likely never will be) the ones those candidates are talking about? Or the propertyless who support lower property taxes for those who do own property at the expense of public goods?

It is NEVER stated in the news, and neither is the idea that our Republic has become a kleptocracy. Our children in K-12 are taught to be workers rather than capitalists in our free market system, and our "American dream" as told to us by the media (by direction of their corporate owners and sponsors) demonizes the words social welfare on the faulty premise that public goods are not property not already our own.

With reality staring you straight in your face while it is ignored by so many, can you really propose that it is so obvious that it does not need to be pointed out more forcefully?

☭proletarian☭;1772878 said:
Is it that simple? Does not a slave choose to obey his master? Can a man be forced to act (short of mind control), or can others merely restrict the options from which he an choose?

Well I was hoping someone would've picked up on the reference by now but fine. He can choose to obey his master if his orders are something he wants to do I guess. Although if he chooses to obey them out of fear then he's a slave. Say you got two employees one who blindly follows orders and another who also follows orders but keeps the possibility of a new job open, he's less of a slave.

It's not my theory, and I really wish someone would be able to tell it's origins by looking at it.

If someone noticed it would you kindly inform all of us.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ykmU8tuAs[/ame]

Congratulations, you get rep.

I concur that there can be an incorrect perception of one's condition, though I'm not sure something so obvious needs to be stated.

Really? How do you account for people voting for the candidates who promise to "get government off their backs" when they aren't NEARLY (and likely never will be) the ones those candidates are talking about? Or the propertyless who support lower property taxes for those who do own property at the expense of public goods?

What does that have to do with whether e need state the obvious (and mutually agreed upon during the course of our discussion?
With reality staring you straight in your face while it is ignored by so many, can you really propose that it is so obvious that it does not need to be pointed out more forcefully?
1) were we not discussing the necessity in this discourse?
2)It need not be stated that they can have false perceptions; it must be pointed out that the do hold false perceptions.

Forum List

Back