What makes a man a slave?

☭proletarian☭;1772878 said:
☭proletarian☭;1772185 said:
Is it the condition or the experience (read: awareness or realization) of bondage which makes a man a slave? Is a man a slave prior to realizes that he is a slave. Is a man deprived of his liberty if he is unaware that he is in a cage?

It's real simple.

A man chooses.

A slave obeys.

Is it that simple? Does not a slave choose to obey his master? Can a man be forced to act (short of mind control), or can others merely restrict the options from which he an choose?

Well I was hoping someone would've picked up on the reference by now but fine. He can choose to obey his master if his orders are something he wants to do I guess. Although if he chooses to obey them out of fear then he's a slave. Say you got two employees one who blindly follows orders and another who also follows orders but keeps the possibility of a new job open, he's less of a slave.

It's not my theory, and I really wish someone would be able to tell it's origins by looking at it.

If someone noticed it would you kindly inform all of us.

It's real simple.

A man chooses.

A slave obeys.

According to your definition, there are very few men and alot of slaves. Because few people actually take responsibility for their actions and make choices. They might not have a master or live on a plantation like slaves did in the 1800s. But there are people enslaved to government, to their unwillingness to make choices, to addictions, to sin, etc.

One day i hope we will live in a world that is completely free. Thankfully Christ is there to help liberate the captives.

It's real simple.

A man chooses.

A slave obeys.

According to your definition, there are very few men and alot of slaves. Because few people actually take responsibility for their actions and make choices. They might not have a master or live on a plantation like slaves did in the 1800s. But there are people enslaved to government, to their unwillingness to make choices, to addictions, to sin, etc.

One day i hope we will live in a world that is completely free. Thankfully Christ is there to help liberate the captives.

So they can obey god and his law, so they won't be slaves anymore? :lol:

It's real simple.

A man chooses.

A slave obeys.

Completely free to worship Christ?

It's real simple.

A man chooses.

A slave obeys.

Completely free to worship Christ?
and to obey him...

what was the original quote, again?

Omg, you guys apparently have way too much freedom and time on your hands, and have WAY too high opinion of yourselves and your fucking concepts.

What makes a man a slave is force. Get over your fucking ridiciculous posturing and get lives and go out in the real world, where you have to work for real people who treat you like shit, and then you can theorize all you like about "oooh, what makes a man a slave". You've just so busy fantasizing either about being or acquiring slaves you can't see beyond your own fucking compounds.

I promise you, men who are slaves know they are slaves and don't need idiots like you to tell them. If you're having to CONVINCE people they're slaves, you need another job.

☭proletarian☭;1773481 said:

No, so they can act for themselves instead of being acted upon. So they can live life rather than just survive it. So they be truly free. Because the truth is what sets us free.

☭proletarian☭;1773481 said:

No, so they can act for themselves instead of being acted upon. So they can live life rather than just survive it. So they be truly free. Because the truth is what sets us free.

Which truth? The truth that you can obey god or burn? Doesn't sound like freedom.

A component to "what makes a man a slave" is that he has an inquiring mind, at the same time as he is unable to use his mind to its full capacity. ()this said in relation to what percentage of our brains we actually use, and how little we know about the mind and how it works).

In short, knowing his whole life subconsciously that his mind is capable of so much more; yet lacking the knowledge/ability to tap into that capability.

A deep desire to submit to a hot dominant woman!

Ricki_Lee_Ralph_dominatrix_boobs_300x400_201009.jpg

A deep desire to submit to a hot dominant woman!

Ricki_Lee_Ralph_dominatrix_boobs_300x400_201009.jpg

Like I said before--not all types of slavery I abhor...I really hope she is a natural female. I had too many scares from the "dominating type" of woman

☭proletarian☭;1772185 said:
Is it the condition or the experience (read: awareness or realization) of bondage which makes a man a slave? Is a man a slave prior to realizes that he is a slave. Is a man deprived of his liberty if he is unaware that he is in a cage?

I was asked this question recently in response to a proposed thesis, "Is it fair to call the increasing inequality in the distributions of income and wealth a class war? It seems that most Americans don't realize that there is such a war and that they are losing it. This is a question of semantics (can it be a war if the combatants don't know there's a conflict?) but also, I think, something more. Can the working class have objectively incorrect consciousness about their condition?” and my answer: If “most Americans don’t realize there is such a war and that they are losing it,” and that is what I propose, then I have to say yes.

☭proletarian☭;1772878 said:
It's real simple.

A man chooses.

A slave obeys.

Is it that simple? Does not a slave choose to obey his master? Can a man be forced to act (short of mind control), or can others merely restrict the options from which he an choose?

Well I was hoping someone would've picked up on the reference by now but fine. He can choose to obey his master if his orders are something he wants to do I guess. Although if he chooses to obey them out of fear then he's a slave. Say you got two employees one who blindly follows orders and another who also follows orders but keeps the possibility of a new job open, he's less of a slave.

It's not my theory, and I really wish someone would be able to tell it's origins by looking at it.

If someone noticed it would you kindly inform all of us.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ykmU8tuAs[/ame]

I was asked this question recently in response to a proposed thesis, "Is it fair to call the increasing inequality in the distributions of income and wealth a class war?

I would argue that the class struggle is both the cause of and the result of this gap. The gap itself is merely the state of things, emerging from the exploitation of the lower classes and leading to their attempts to overturn this condition. This exploitation and attempts to end or counteract it constitute the class struggle.
It seems that most Americans don't realize that there is such a war and that they are losing it.

Can there be a struggle at all without realization of it? I assert that there can be only exploitation without awareness, for it is the conscious effort by both exploiter to enforce the system and the lower classes to end or counteract this exploitation which is the struggle. The struggle only really begins when the lower classes begin to resist- and to struggle to improve their condition. It is like the difference between a beating and a fight.
This is a question of semantics (can it be a war if the combatants don't know there's a conflict?) but also, I think, something more. Can the working class have objectively incorrect consciousness about their condition?” and my answer: If “most Americans don’t realize there is such a war and that they are losing it,” and that is what I propose, then I have to say yes.

I concur that there can be an incorrect perception of one's condition, though I'm not sure something so obvious needs to be stated. Simply consider the ffloridean who casts his ballow assuming his vote will be counted and his opinion considered in choosing the neext president of his nation. He believes himself the master of himself in a democratic system, yet was later shown to be incorrect in that perception.

Forum List

Back