What kind of wine do you like?

icewine.... other than that i dislike wines....esp the heavy reds

hubby drinks a lot of wines.....charbono is one of his favorites ..it goes by many names...and he loves november when the nouveau beaujolais come out...he likes to buy cheap wines and hold them...at functions serving wine....i just give mine to him or some one else at the table...

i never understand the housewife attitude that wine is alright ...i mean you are drinking a bottle or two a day and its not an issue?

• Thanks
Reactions: Pzs
I buy Shiraz and Cab mostly. How about you?
Very nice flavor. Wegmans carries it, but is usually bought out as soon as it is delivered..

Trump-Chardonnay-Monticello-2013_New-Bottle-Experience-683x1024.png

icewine.... other than that i dislike wines....esp the heavy reds

hubby drinks a lot of wines.....charbono is one of his favorites ..it goes by many names...and he loves november when the nouveau beaujolais come out...he likes to buy cheap wines and hold them...at functions serving wine....i just give mine to him or some one else at the table...

i never understand the housewife attitude that wine is alright ...i mean you are drinking a bottle or two a day and its not an issue?
Come on, you love Mad Dog 20/20. That is the wine of choice for welfare queens...

img_20130719_224123_897.jpg

• Thanks
seems you know more about welfare queens and their choice of wine than i do....btw you are showing your age.....md 20/20 is passe' now...

melon.jpg

this is the choice of hard luckers ....you need to update

• Thanks
seems you know more about welfare queens and their choice of wine than i do....btw you are showing your age.....md 20/20 is passe' now...

melon.jpg

this is the choice of hard luckers ....you need to update
I know about MD 20/20 for when I started out as a minimum wage puke, that was my wine of choice. But after years of working in Saudi Arabia, and making obscene profits from the stock market, I am enjoying Trump wine....

• Thanks
We drink mostly Cabs, but also have some red blends, pinos and bordeaux. We've also got some chianti and other little niche wines stored in our cellar which isn't huge, but isn't small either at this poinit.

Best way I've found to get really, really good wine is to buy it upon release and cellar it. By really good I'm talking bottles that will hopefully score mid 90's when they hit their prime drinking window. I have a couple of vineyards we purchase from annually that have shown that they have consistently good quality, a good qpr, and show an appreciation in value and we occasionally buy futures. Over the course of the last 5-10 years we've built up a fairly good stock of pretty good stuff that is just now starting to hit its prime window in some cases and the wait has been worth it, judging from the ones we've opened so far.

I also troll cellartracker on occasion looking for those better priced bottles. Punch in what I'm looking for, troll the reviews for good scoring wines, take a look at those reviews and, if there are enough of them showing a consistently good experience, checking pricing through wine-searcher.com and then having that shipped in from wherever. Those end up in the daily drinker fridge and are there for drinking today. $15-30/bottle range stuff, although some of that can be really good also and we've got a list of faves in that range also that are easy go-to's.

using cellartracker when out at restaurants or whatever also cuts out the guesswork. look at the wine list, punch it in, see what the winos think. They're almost always right on the screws....

I'm a Cabernet Sauvignon drinker for the most part but I do like a red Rioja as well

For whites I prefer an Alsace Riesling as it is very dry but I'll take a good pinot grigio any thime as well

I'm no wine connoisseur but at least I'm not this guy

• Thanks
Night Train baby! Cisco!

Meh, really Chablis and Old Cuban man sweet wine. I suppose his stuff would be classified as "Sangria".

Forum List

Back