What kind of camera?

I have a bunch of cameras because at times I take a lot of photographs. I have a Nikon D1, a Nikon D300, a Nikon D50, a Nikon D3000, a Nikon FM10 and a Casio Z750. They all work very well for me and each of them does great for what I use them for. Don't get me started on lens...

A six year old Olympus Stylus 800 weatherproof.

Attachments

• $jackijeep.jpg
    $jackijeep.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 94
i have a nikon d80 with two lenses. a zoom 10-135mm and a 50mm. i have to say that i dont think it really matters what kind of camera you have but i suspect that canon now have the edge over nikon in technology, but nikons build quality is better!

some of my pix are on flickr....

Flickr: boxcam's Photostream

Hello,

I used a Pentax SP500 and Canon Eos 5 in analogue times. I never wanted to make digital photos, but when testing the Nikon D90, I was infected :) As a small camera for the pocket, I use the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS62. With both digital cameras I´m very glad.

Olympus Stylus Tough 8010. It replaced an 800 which still works like a champ but I wanted a little more protection for river crossings and waterfall repelling.

Kodak Easyshare Z812IS 8.2MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Easyshare-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B000VJWJW2"]Amazon.com: Kodak Easyshare Z812IS 8.2MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom: Camera & Photo[/ame]

My oldest had a digital Kodak Easyshare about 7 or 8 years ago. They've come a long way since then but just adding in that she had problems with the Easy Share software in that it always erased her pics from the camera when she uploaded her stuff. I don't know if it gave her the option to delete or not. If it did, it never worked and if it didn't . . . that's just dumb.

My son had a Canon A95 and uh, broke it. It was just an ok camera for $90. Felt more like a glorified toy or something though.

He got money for Christmas and bought a new one. We just happened to be at Best Buy and they had a Samsung SL605 on sale for $70 (reg. $110). They only had one so he bought it and we reviewed it when we got home. It's a keeper. You have to go into a menu for movie mode (rather than just switching a button) and there doesn't seem to be a volume control on the camera for watching movie playback while the movie is still on the camera, but other than that it seems like a great little point and shoot. Easy, intuitive, nothing fancy but does the job.

My oldest had a digital Kodak Easyshare about 7 or 8 years ago. They've come a long way since then but just adding in that she had problems with the Easy Share software in that it always erased her pics from the camera when she uploaded her stuff. I don't know if it gave her the option to delete or not. If it did, it never worked and if it didn't . . . that's just dumb.

My son had a Canon A95 and uh, broke it. It was just an ok camera for $90. Felt more like a glorified toy or something though.

He got money for Christmas and bought a new one. We just happened to be at Best Buy and they had a Samsung SL605 on sale for $70 (reg. $110). They only had one so he bought it and we reviewed it when we got home. It's a keeper. You have to go into a menu for movie mode (rather than just switching a button) and there doesn't seem to be a volume control on the camera for watching movie playback while the movie is still on the camera, but other than that it seems like a great little point and shoot. Easy, intuitive, nothing fancy but does the job.

Software still sucked in 2007 when I got mine.

Camera is outstanding though.

Better pic of the camera:

nikon-coolpix-l110-black.jpg

Damn good camera. Bridges the gap well between a basic "point and shoot" and a professional model. It's too large to fit in a pocket, but the capabilities are outstanding. We're still exploring and discovering all the different things it can do (we just got it for Christmas).

Bit more $$$ than a basic digital camera though. ~$280.

Kodak easyshare Z981. 14MP, 26X optical zoom. Just got it in December and still learning the parameters. Love the zoom on it, can get up close on wildlife. Can put 3 pics together in panaromic pic and has burst feature where it will take like 11 shots in 1 second. $300 retail, got it on sale for $199.

2581375_f520.jpg

resize

Kodak easyshare Z981. 14MP, 26X optical zoom. Just got it in December and still learning the parameters. Love the zoom on it, can get up close on wildlife. Can put 3 pics together in panaromic pic and has burst feature where it will take like 11 shots in 1 second. $300 retail, got it on sale for $199.

2581375_f520.jpg

resize

damn that's a nice one, lol, and i already have too many cameras now you got me wanting another one.

Canon EOS 30-D. Standard lens, telephoto lens and macro lens.

A feature that I love about this camera is, that it has a viewfinder, i.e., you look through the viewfinder at what you want to shoot, focus and shoot it. None of this squinting at an LED screen on the back of the camera which you can never see in the bright sunlight.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back