What kind of camera?

I have a Kodak Easy Share C743.
I'm not much into photography so I got a simple easy to use camera. I do like it though, it takes decent pics.

We have a Canon Power Shot Pro1 (hubs and sometimes my daughter use this). I have a Canon SD1200 (a point and shoot) and I love it. Great pics, easy to use, easy to upload.

film......Fuji Velvia and Provia
Nikon Fe
Nikon N8008
Pentax 6x7

digital........
Olympus E-10
Nikon D300

I have a Kodak Easy Share C743.
I'm not much into photography so I got a simple easy to use camera. I do like it though, it takes decent pics.

I think i have the same thing. Its blue, its easy, it takes great pics and is small. Also one on the cell phone.

Last edited:
Canon 40D (DSLR)

Pentax A3000 (Film)

Canon 610 (Pocket Digital)

And when I'm feeling really nostalgic, I bust out the old Argus.

Advanced bridge camera with remarkable reach.

The powerful NIKKOR 26x wideangle zoom lens offers outstanding compositional freedom and features Extra-low Dispersion (ED) lens glass to ensure crisp results whether you shoot wide-angle or super-telephoto. The ability to capture full (1080p) high-definition movies in stereo sound, and use the optical zoom and autofocus functions during recording, enables superior-quality video and extends the options for shooting movies from a distance. The back illuminated CMOS sensor and HDR mode offer increased sensitivity and superior results when shooting in dimly lit conditions. The Coolpix P100 - covers all the angles, day or night.

Last edited:

The powerful NIKKOR 26x wideangle zoom lens offers outstanding compositional freedom and features Extra-low Dispersion (ED) lens glass to ensure crisp results whether you shoot wide-angle or super-telephoto. The ability to capture full (1080p) high-definition movies in stereo sound, and use the optical zoom and autofocus functions during recording, enables superior-quality video and extends the options for shooting movies from a distance. The back illuminated CMOS sensor and HDR mode offer increased sensitivity and superior results when shooting in dimly lit conditions. The Coolpix P100 - covers all the angles, day or night.

How do you like that P100, can you shoot in RAW? I've been wanting to get a smaller unit to carry with me at work and have been curious about it. Being a Nikonian for over 30 years, it's hard to look at any other brand, no matter how good their marketing program is.:razz:
My FE is over 30 years old and has captured thousands of images and the film advance feels better than it did when new. In contrast, my Pentax has needed to have the same part replaced 4 times with a quarter of the use.

How do you like that P100, can you shoot in RAW? I've been wanting to get a smaller unit to carry with me at work and have been curious about it. Being a Nikonian for over 30 years, it's hard to look at any other brand, no matter how good their marketing program is.:razz:
My FE is over 30 years old and has captured thousands of images and the film advance feels better than it did when new. In contrast, my Pentax has needed to have the same part replaced 4 times with a quarter of the use.

You'll need to follow the linky to answer the techie questions because I'm still learning all the features since I got it in July. I've posted some pics I've shot with it (see the Longs Peak thread in the Outdoor's forum). My favorite feature is the Action Mode, which takes a dozen pics in about 2 seconds, then you edit which one's best.

I have an Olympus E-410 as a DSLR and an Olympus Camedia and a Polaroid as P&S. I want to get a new DSLR But I don't know if I want to leave the four thirds lens system and start over.

I have an old Pentax Spotmatic that I haven't used in years.

Now I use an Olympus digital something-or-other.

We have a Canon Power Shot Pro1 (hubs and sometimes my daughter use this). I have a Canon SD1200 (a point and shoot) and I love it. Great pics, easy to use, easy to upload.

Zoom-boing:

I have the canon 1200 IS, too. I call it a 'subminiature digital camera' because it is very small, light weight and has a great lens on it. Yes, it is a point and shoot, but with 17 scene icons, it provides far greater exposure control than the old film-based point and shoot cameras; and the exposure compensation goes a long way in getting the exposure just right.

My other camera is a Kodak Z980 zoom lens reflex with a Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon 26mm to 624mm (35 film format equivalent) lens. It offers everything from full manual control to full auto, numerous scene icons, manual focus or auto, the list goes on and on.

I never thought I would switch from a film-based camera to digital, but after seeing the results of what digital can do, I'm glad I made the switch.

RO

I have an old Pentax Spotmatic that I haven't used in years.

Now I use an Olympus digital something-or-other.

Mr Clean:

Holy smoke! I thought I was the only person in the world who still had a Pentax Spotmatic. Mine is the model "F" and, no, the light meter died years ago. Nevertheless, it was a great camera in its day, even if it used the screw-on lenses. Still, those Takumars were fantastic, especially when Pentax began putting the multi-coatings on them. I was still using mine up to about three or four years ago when I switched to digital.

RO

Forum List

Back