What is wrong with Merrick Garland? Is he asleep at the wheel - or just afraid?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America

Merrick Garland, 'Do Your Job,' Says Frustrated Member Of House Panel Probing Capitol Riot​

Contempt of Congress charges languish with the Department of Justice as the select committee's members fume at the attorney general.

Members of the House select committee investigating last year’s riot at the U.S. Capitol expressed frustration Monday over an apparently inattentive and slow-moving Justice Department, with one lawmaker telling Attorney General Merrick Garland in a speech: “Do your job.”

Members complained of a lack of support from the Justice Department and were annoyed that criminal contempt of Congress charges have not yet been filed against former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows for failure to comply with a subpoena from the committee.

The backlog is likely to grow with the expected recommendation by the House panel to bring criminal contempt of Congress charges against Donald Trump’s former trade adviser Peters Navarro and ally Dan Scavino.

Merrick Garland, 'Do Your Job,' Says Frustrated Member Of House Panel Probing Capitol Riot

I hope AG Garland isn't as worthless as I think he is. He seems like a dud so far. What do you think?

From the OP:

Members contrasted the DOJ’s lack of action against an alarming observation Monday in a ruling by U.S. District Judge David Carter. He said it was “more likely than not” that Trump committed federal crimes in conspiring to overthrow the results of the 2020 presidential election.

The Justice Department has not yet responded to the panel’s remarks. But Garland earlier this year vowed that the Justice Department was “committed to holding all January 6th perpetrators, at any level, accountable under law — whether they were present that day or were otherwise criminally responsible for the assault on our democracy.”

Merrick Garland, 'Do Your Job,' Says Frustrated Member Of House Panel Probing Capitol Riot​

Contempt of Congress charges languish with the Department of Justice as the select committee's members fume at the attorney general.

Members of the House select committee investigating last year’s riot at the U.S. Capitol expressed frustration Monday over an apparently inattentive and slow-moving Justice Department, with one lawmaker telling Attorney General Merrick Garland in a speech: “Do your job.”

Members complained of a lack of support from the Justice Department and were annoyed that criminal contempt of Congress charges have not yet been filed against former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows for failure to comply with a subpoena from the committee.

The backlog is likely to grow with the expected recommendation by the House panel to bring criminal contempt of Congress charges against Donald Trump’s former trade adviser Peters Navarro and ally Dan Scavino.

Merrick Garland, 'Do Your Job,' Says Frustrated Member Of House Panel Probing Capitol Riot

I hope AG Garland isn't as worthless as I think he is. He seems like a dud so far. What do you think?

Please keep talking about this in light of skyhigh inflation, gas and grocery prices, a president who can't even stick to cue cards, a wide open border and etc. Certainly this will do you well in November yes?

Because everyone in America is just as obsessed with you are about Jan 6th.

You think?

Please keep talking about this in light of skyhigh inflation, gas and grocery prices, a president who can't even stick to cue cards, a wide open border and etc. Certainly this will do you well in November yes?

Because everyone in America is just as obsessed with you are about Jan 6th.

You think?

Yeah, we know you ignorant NaziCons want this to all just go away like it never happened.

He's awaiting his orders from the White handlers of Joey Bai Dung.
Right now the DOJ and FBI are working feverishly to make the Bia Dung Crime family corruption be swallowed by a big black hole.
**********​

Last edited:
Yeah, we know you ignorant NaziCons want this to all just go away like it never happened.
Oh... not at all. In fact, the Rs BETTER continue the investigation with their own subpoenas OR, if the Ds have rushed to close it, REOPEN an investigation into EVERYTHING about 1/6. I have a feeling that we're either going to see Dems scurrying for legal cover OR we'll see RINOs outing themselves prior to 2024.

The problem is that he proved to be the political hack we all knew he was when he was nominated for the SCOTUS.

Actually I favor it continuing through election day.

We'll pay a price in the short term but the long term benefits will more than make up for it.

First off can you explain why everything you see on the right is some sort of Nazism?

Second, going after a former President could tear this country apart and throw us into a Civil War, and even though you would love to have this let be clear smarter people know this could lead to something more dangerous seeing we are also a Nuclear Nation which mean losing control of the Government could mean those nukes falling into the wrong hands!

Finally, sometimes it best to do nothing when dealing with Trump and his base and go forward and yes you have the right to disagree but you have to look at the whole picture and not the narrow view many of you just focus on!

Indoctrination. ^^^^^
Biggest fucking scam.
Religion.
All Fake,

"My belief is more important than your belief."
Fucking destroying the world.
That doesn't apply just to religion. Every ideology can be and has been abused to benefit those who seek power.

Monarchism, Communism, Fascism etc needed no supernatural deity to enslave millions and keep us at war globally for most of the last hundred years.

Forum List

Back