What Is the US Constitution?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I don’t know, I don’t have a PhD in history or Political Science.

Has Ketanji Brown Jackson been asked what the US Constitution is?

Oh, I know. Another ‘gotcha’ question as she interviews for a lifetime job on the highest court in the land.

At least I don't think she is retarded like our VP, nor does she have dementia like our resident. She is saying what she needs to to not get her house burned down by libs. Obviously she feels that way too. She will get appointed regardless.

The U.S. Constitution is an agreement between the member States to grant specified powers to a Federal government. Implicit in that agreement is the right of a member State to withdraw if other States or the Federal government violate the terms of that agreement. The Constitution does not countenance its enforcement by military means.

What Is the US Constitution?​

The Dems worst nightmare! :muahaha: But seriously Dems make every attempt to IGNORE the Constitution. Their policies and laws are frequently blatantly unconstitutional. They don't care. They force them on us anyway to cram through the left wing agenda and force the people to sue them in court to get them reversed which sometimes takes years.

The question was answered quite eloquently by SCOTUS back in 1795 (paragraph breaks added). . .

"What is a Constitution? It is the form of government, delineated by the mighty hand of the people, in which certain first principles of fundamental laws are established. The Constitution is certain and fixed; it contains the permanent will of the people, and is the supreme law of the land; it is paramount to the power of the Legislature, and can be revoked or altered only by the authority that made it. The life-giving principle and the death-doing stroke must proceed from the same hand.​
What are Legislatures? Creatures of the Constitution; they owe their existence to the Constitution: they derive their powers from the Constitution: It is their commission; and, therefore, all their acts must be conformable to it, or else they will be void.​
The Constitution is the work or will of the People themselves, in their original, sovereign, and unlimited capacity. Law is the work or will of the Legislature in their derivative and subordinate capacity. The one is the work of the Creator, and the other of the Creature. The Constitution fixes limits to the exercise of legislative authority, and prescribes the orbit within which it must move.​
In short, gentlemen, the Constitution is the sun of the political system, around which all Legislative, Executive and Judicial bodies must revolve.​
Whatever may be the case in other countries, yet in this there can be no doubt, that every act of the Legislature, repugnant to the Constitution, as absolutely void."​
Vanhorne's Lessee v. Dorrance, 2 U.S. (2 Dall.) 304 (1795)​

Last edited:

Oh, I know. Another ‘gotcha’ question as she interviews for a lifetime job on the highest court in the land.

If you don't know what a man or woman is, you probably shouldn't be a supreme court judge. She has other deeper problems that she needs to deal with.

According to the looney left a document written by a bunch of slave owning white men, of course that is until the looney left feels that the provisions serve their political ends.

MSNBC's Morning Joe shreds GOP 'hypocrisy' on Ukraine invasion: 'They want Joe Biden to fail -- how twisted'​

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough blasted Republican lawmakers for using the Ukraine crisis to score domestic political points on President Joe Biden.

Daily Beast columnist David Rothkopf appeared Monday on "Morning Joe" to discuss Biden's ab-libbed comments on regime change in Russia, and he and Scarborough agreed that showing strength against Vladimir Putin was better than whatever Donald Trump displayed during his presidency.
"I think the message of the speech from beginning to end was of strength, and I also think that it was a speech that resonated not just in the context of Ukraine but in the context of a shift," Rothkopf said. "The United States and Europe and our allies are looking at Russia in terms of a long-term threat. They're not going to be satisfied simply to end this war, hopefully to win this war, but they're going to require that Russia stays where it is, that it stops its talk of aggression."
"I think, finally as to your first point about the incredible hypocrisy of the Republicans who have taken both sides of this issue, as they had so many others, that, you know, this dividing line between autocracy and democracy is not a remote foreign issue," Rothkopf added. "We are fighting that war right here, right now with people like Donald Trump and others in his party seeking to undermine American democracy and embrace hallmarks of authoritarian governments. so historical speech."
Scarborough contrasted that with some Trump allies who have been approvingly quoted by Russian media.
"Many of the Trumpists are actually having their words played on Russian television to, again, try to inspire the Russian people to keep killing more Ukrainians," Scarborough said. "It's not a good look, especially when many of the same people were the ones in the Trumpist wing of the Republican Party who celebrated Ronald Reagan's 'evil empire' speech, who celebrated Ronald Reagan joking and saying the bombing would begin in five minutes. Again, it is hypocrisy. They're not concerned about what is best for America, they're not concerned about what is best for democracy, they're not concerned about what is best for Western Civilization. They just want Joe Biden to fail or any Democrat to fail."
"You wonder how twisted somebody's worldview would be when we are in the middle of the most critical foreign policy challenge since the end of World War II," he added. "I don't know how you do it."

Forum List

Back