What is the meaning of Indigenous?

DictionRY
  1. originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native:
    "coriander is indigenous to southern Europe" · "the indigenous style of architecture"

2. (of people) inhabiting or existing in a land from the earliest times or from before the arrival of colonists:
    "she wants the territorial government to speak with Indigenous people before implementing a program" · "the project will bring high-speed internet access to remote Indigenous communities" · "we are marching for indigenous rights"

Indigenous means original inhabitants.

So if you had an uninhabited island and the French colonised it, the indigenous people are French.

That was quickly sorted.
Thanks however that really is not my original question. I presume that you believe you are not indigenous.

DictionRY
  1. originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native:
    "coriander is indigenous to southern Europe" · "the indigenous style of architecture"

2. (of people) inhabiting or existing in a land from the earliest times or from before the arrival of colonists:
    "she wants the territorial government to speak with Indigenous people before implementing a program" · "the project will bring high-speed internet access to remote Indigenous communities" · "we are marching for indigenous rights"
I believe if you answered me, I just missed it. So are you indigenous? What makes that true if you say you are.

Patriots Aren't Big on Little Big Man

The race traitors in the government made all those treaties. So they weren't broken, because they didn't represent the will of the
American people.

The feralphiles on the reservation gave rifles to the Sioux, who ran away from the reservation and murdered Custer's heroes with those same rifles.
The Warrior who Killed Custer: The Personal Narrative of Chief Joseph White Bull
Book by White Bull

Description​

Fifty-five years after the Battle of the Little Big Horn, Chief Joseph White Bull (Pte-san-hunka) of the Miniconjou sub-band of the Teton Sioux drew and annotated a pictographic account of his personal exploits in which he claimed to have killed General Custer. ... Google Books
Author: White Bull

You read it already. No, you don't get to change facts, or definitions of words and terms. That is one you.
Robert F Well, you get to change facts. Cite the post that you allege I read.

You are mistaken yet again. I was referring to the definition mentioned in #104. You are blathering about some poll, the one that I did not allege you read.

Robert F Well, you get to change facts. Cite the post that you allege I read.

You are mistaken yet again. I was referring to the definition mentioned in #104. You are blathering about some poll, the one that I did not allege you read.
I did not conduct any poll. I only asked everybody to tell us all, "Are you indigenous"? And this dog and pony show by you is not a decent way to answer.

I did not conduct any poll. I only asked everybody to tell us all, "Are you indigenous"? And this dog and pony show by you is not a decent way to answer.
You have been caught out fabricating three times.

You will not be allowed to deceive without being outed.

Thanks however that really is not my original question. I presume that you believe you are not indigenous.
If you are born in a country, you originate from that country. Indigenous is a term applied to people by those in a desperate struggle for some political Rights.

The Celtic Britons, I suppose, might be classed as the indigenous English but we can only trace our family tree back to the late 1600's. Father's side Scottish, mother's side English. But I originate from England and live in Scotland. But I have no political struggle, so I'm more than fine with my identity.

If you are born in a country, you originate from that country. Indigenous is a term applied to people by those in a desperate struggle for some political Rights.

The Celtic Britons, I suppose, might be classed as the indigenous English but we can only trace our family tree back to the late 1600's. Father's side Scottish, mother's side English. But I originate from England and live in Scotland. But I have no political struggle, so I'm more than fine with my identity.
My family traces back to England and one past member was the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Forum List

Back