What is the "funny" button really for?

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
And how does it count? I have seen many threads where you can see how many 'thanks' and how many 'funny' have been made before entering the thread.

Since this board is so politically correct now and has removed every single semblance of negative ratings, I use the 'funny' button since it starts with the same letter as what I really feel like rating.

And how does it count? I have seen many threads where you can see how many 'thanks' and how many 'funny' have been made before entering the thread.

Since this board is so politically correct now and has removed every single semblance of negative ratings, I use the 'funny' button since it starts with the same letter as what I really feel like rating.
If a post is funny I hit the funny button. If it's a dimwitted left wing post I hit the funny button and that tells the poster I gave him an F.

Damn, it looks like someone was right. I have picked up a Troll. TheOldSchool is becoming to me what SunniMan is to Sherry in the ME forum!

But Hoss, for me, as much as I would like to rate a funny post as funny, I find the other use more to my liking and therefore resist the temptation.. So I will reserve it to rate a stupid post with the funny button to give it an 'f' as well.

Last edited:
Damn, it looks like someone was right. I have picked up a Troll. TheOldSchool is becoming to me what SunniMan is to Serry in the ME forum!

But Hoss, for me, as much as I would like to rate a funny post as funny, I find the other use more to my liking and therefore resist the temptation.. So I will reserve it to rate a stupid post with the funny button to give it an 'f' as well.
:eek:
Keep it up, pilgrim. You're just achin' for a funny face.

Damn, it looks like someone was right. I have picked up a Troll. TheOldSchool is becoming to me what SunniMan is to Serry in the ME forum!

I adore your new avatar! :eek: It's totally friggin awesome!

I adore your new avatar! :eek: It's totally friggin awesome!

I've seen better. Ask sugar tits.

If a post is funny I hit the funny button. If it's a dimwitted left wing post I hit the funny button and that tells the poster I gave him an F.

To recap, you use funny for:

1. Truly funny posts
2. To laugh at the dingy posts.

I would say using the funny button for one is legit. For two, I think it's something most of us (including myself) do. But I'm not such a big fan of it. Too often posters use it to troll instead of participate in real dialogue. It's basically a poor man's neg. They should have a disagree button for it instead.

Also, a third use of the funny button is for retorts that are so sharp that make the other poster look sheepish. I am okay with that use of the funny button.

Oh, and there's a fourth use (that I don't do); and that is posters with lousy senses of humor laughing at lousy jokes. EG Post 6 in this thread.

Last edited:
Damn, it looks like someone was right. I have picked up a Troll. TheOldSchool is becoming to me what SunniMan is to Sherry in the ME forum!

If more posters were like TheOldSchool we'd need a 'Get a life' button.

That was funny!!!

Uhuh......

You need to bring this up with Wyatt immediately!!!

Reading and posting on an Internet message board is a sure sign of needing to get a life.

Doh!

To tickle your ass with a feather...

Reading and posting on an Internet message board is a sure sign of needing to get a life.

Doh!
I ordered one, but I am still waiting...

How's that toilet trenching job you got last week?

How that toilet trenching job you got last week?
377929880a0.jpg

I just gave you a funny vote for the avatar idiot you have...

Forum List

Back