What is The Difference Between Religion and a Cult

ajwps said:
Dilloduck I am quoting the holy Qur'an. The words of the god Allah to his believers. Allah gives the battle orders to his believers to slay the infidels (idolators) from ambush.

[Qur'an 9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate,

http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=282392

فَإِذَا انسَلَخَ الأَشْهُرُ الْحُرُمُ فَاقْتُلُواْ الْمُشْرِكِينَ حَيْثُ وَجَدتُّمُوهُمْ وَخُذُوهُمْ وَاحْصُرُوهُمْ وَاقْعُدُواْ لَهُمْ كُلَّ مَرْصَدٍ فَإِن تَابُواْ وَأَقَامُواْ الصَّلاَةَ وَآتَوُاْ الزَّكَاةَ فَخَلُّواْ سَبِيلَهُمْ إِنَّ اللّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ
you just HAD to do it didn't ya---i'm beginning to think newguy converted :eek:

dilloduck said:
you just HAD to do it didn't ya---i'm beginning to think newguy converted :eek:

I don't think I have converted anyone and certainly do not want or intend to change anyone's beliefs.

Newguy hasn't posted for awhile and I don't think it is because he converted to anything.

ajwps said:
I don't think I have converted anyone and certainly do not want or intend to change anyone's beliefs.

Newguy hasn't posted for awhile and I don't think it is because he converted to anything.

it was just a joke--newguy was known for his constant long postings of scripture. I'm aware that jews are not thrilled about converts.

dilloduck said:
it was just a joke--newguy was known for his constant long postings of scripture. I'm aware that jews are not thrilled about converts.

The concept of being converted to Judaism for some sort of salvation is not a concept of the faith of Abraham.

Judaism believes that all mankind are creations of the same Watchmaker and as such are responsible for their own actions while alive. There is no substitutionary sacrifice that guarantees anything in Judaism. And that goes for the old pre-Temple destruction of the sacrificing of animals.

gop_jeff said:
Arabian, I have a couple of issues with your post.
First, there are many Bible translations in many languages. The differences between them are those of translation preferences, i.e. Middle English vs. modern English, word-for-word translation vs. phrase-for-phrase translation. The doctrines and theology of Christianity is the same, regardless of the translation used. Moreover, the Bible is made available to all people through such translation, whereas Islam teaches that people must learn Arabic and read the Koran in Arabic to understand it.
Second, the Bible does not teach that there would be a final prophet after Jesus. Jesus is clearly shown as the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecies that predicted a Messiah.

As a side note, I realize that you are Egyptian and that English is probably not your first language, and so I say this not to insult your intelligence but to improve your written English: it is extremely hard to follow your posts when you type 'u' instead of 'you'; 'ur' instead of 'your'; or 'coz' instead of 'because.'

I do appreciate your contributions to the borad though. It's been a long time since we had a Muslim on here.

1st thanx for those notation you gave to me and i will try hard to do with it
second i do know that the story about the last messenger isnt in the bible but thanx any way but all muslims know that bible have been changed but actully im still searching in this subject and if i found anything new i will tell u
and i didnt mean in translation i meant there are arthozox and Katholic and other types as i think of christian
sorry you
and if there is more notes tell me
im happy 4 ur notes

Arabian said:
second i do know that the story about the last messenger isnt in the bible but thanx any way but all muslims know that bible have been changed but actully im still searching in this subject and if i found anything new i will tell u

Well, all Muslims claim that the Bible has been changed. The facts are that the Bible is virtually unchanged (the New Testament especially) for centuries. The Muslim claim is totally unsubstantiated.

gop_jeff said:
Well, all Muslims claim that the Bible has been changed. The facts are that the Bible is virtually unchanged (the New Testament especially) for centuries. The Muslim claim is totally unsubstantiated.

i hope u read what i wrote in http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11481

its mentioned in Qur'an that Eissa peace on him (jesus) said so
this is why i said it have been changed but as i told u i will keep liiking and u 2 should do so too and we could report each other deal
salam

ajwps said:
Dilloduck I am quoting the holy Qur'an. The words of the god Allah to his believers. Allah gives the battle orders to his believers to slay the infidels (idolators) from ambush.

[Qur'an 9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate,

http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=282392

فَإِذَا انسَلَخَ الأَشْهُرُ الْحُرُمُ فَاقْتُلُواْ الْمُشْرِكِينَ حَيْثُ وَجَدتُّمُوهُمْ وَخُذُوهُمْ وَاحْصُرُوهُمْ وَاقْعُدُواْ لَهُمْ كُلَّ مَرْصَدٍ فَإِن تَابُواْ وَأَقَامُواْ الصَّلاَةَ وَآتَوُاْ الزَّكَاةَ فَخَلُّواْ سَبِيلَهُمْ إِنَّ اللّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

hi again
I wanna ask 1st
let me ask what if u were going to fall from high mountain and then i took your hand to save you and then i squeezed your hand a little and your hand hurt you would u say oh my hand and never thank me that i saved your life
previous people of countries was afraid from their improres and kings if they become Muslims
let me give u a hint previously when Romans was judging Egypt the Christian people was hurt a lot from them and they helped Muslims to enter Egypt to get ride of roman bad judging then Egypt become a Muslim country then they saved Christians and they still Christian and who wanna become Muslim from them became , and who didn’t became Muslim bay tax it was only one dinar for the army and the eldest and children and women didn’t pay taxes

okay then Allah ordered his prophet to spread his religion and he 1st was asking for peace with them(those kings) and if they refused they will have to fight them
and if u see all countries where the Islam enter became a great countries because Arab build don’t destroy
their maybe people in those country didn’t know about the Islam how do u think Muhammad peace on him may spread his religion in it if these countries king didn't allow Muslims to enter this country,
note they were fighting only soldier
they didn’t harm ordinary civilians,(didn’t make attacking with planes on civilians)
so he did so to spread the right

so if they fight them at the beginning these was to help them in choosing the right way to Allah

but now there are lots of to spread the da'awa without war

Arabian said:
hi again
I wanna ask 1st
let me ask what if u were going to fall from high mountain and then i took your hand to save you and then i squeezed your hand a little and your hand hurt you would u say oh my hand and never thank me that i saved your life
previous people of countries was afraid from their improres and kings if they become Muslims
let me give u a hint previously when Romans was judging Egypt the Christian people was hurt a lot from them and they helped Muslims to enter Egypt to get ride of roman bad judging then Egypt become a Muslim country then they saved Christians and they still Christian and who wanna become Muslim from them became , and who didn’t became Muslim bay tax it was only one dinar for the army and the eldest and children and women didn’t pay taxes

okay then Allah ordered his prophet to spread his religion and he 1st was asking for peace with them(those kings) and if they refused they will have to fight them
and if u see all countries where the Islam enter became a great countries because Arab build don’t destroy
their maybe people in those country didn’t know about the Islam how do u think Muhammad peace on him may spread his religion in it if these countries king didn't allow Muslims to enter this country,
note they were fighting only soldier
they didn’t harm ordinary civilians,(didn’t make attacking with planes on civilians)
so he did so to spread the right

so if they fight them at the beginning these was to help them in choosing the right way to Allah but now there are lots of to spread the da'awa without war

Hello again Arabian from Egypt

So after reading your post several times in an effort to understand your reply, it seems that YOU think that Islam and Pbuh Muhammad are the only TRUE RELIGION.

You say that Pbuh Muhammad was told by an angel who squeezed him in a cave who ordered Pbuh to try to convert the world to Allah by peaceful means first and if that fails just KILL EVERYBODY who refuses to believe in Allah!

So if the unbelievers (Infidels) all the rest of the world refuses to believe in Allah and Pbuh Muhammad, then the Mujahadeen must make Jihad on 5 or 6 billion unbelievers and simply cut off their heads? All of the women, men and children have to die because Allah has no other way of converting the Infidels. That is very kind of Allah and his prophet.

What if I told you that everyone in the world would rather die than follow your prophet who had sex with a 9 year old girl.

Is that your meaning?

http://www.ministriesofchrist.org/Moon idol.htm

You say that Pbuh Muhammad was told by an angel who squeezed him in a cave who ordered Pbuh to try to convert the world to Allah by peaceful means first and if that fails just KILL EVERYBODY who refuses to believe in Allah
Ohh ajwp not again

Listen ajwp
What would u do if somebody tried 2 kill you ????

These what happened and we all know the story of the Jewish lady who put a poison on the food she presented to our prophet muhammed and the sheep (the jwish lady poisoned it) talked with god order , and said dont eat me im poisoned

so they wanted to kill him all kings because his message was to the all of people no difference between rich and poor or coulored and white or educated or ignorant
and other things didnt serve thier gredy to own every thing

and as i said we didnt kill every one
the chritian of egypt wellcomed Omar Ebn Alkhatab and helped him when he came to open egypt because the unjustice of the roman and they kept their religion and stayed christian and some of them become muslim

do you know how many cristian in Egypt??
muslims didnt kill them

do you know how many churches in egypt??
muslims didnt destroy it

we respect other religion
on the contrary of what u say
all you say is nonesens, you don't live in muslim countries and you dont know how we deal with each other

Forum List

Back