What Is The Biggest Drawback Of Atheism?

Bullshit. The evidence for God is literally all around and in you. You have just never examined it because you don’t want to believe in God.
ASKED AND ANSWERED.

You can BULLSH*T.. "Attribute"/Claim anything you want to 'god,' and I can attribute it to Vishnu, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You need EVIDENCE THOUGH.
Understand STOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID?
And you need it for Prove it's Your god and not others.
YOU HAVE NONE.

You MAKE EMPTY CLAIMS BASED ON YOUR FAITH.

`

Last edited:
That is no evidence of a creator..it is a theory

We don’t know how the earth and life was created, so it must have been magic
No. We know how space and time were created and how space and time evolved until it produced beings that know and create.

Space and time were created from nothing. And then began to expand and cool.

So creation is the evidence you need to examine to answer this question because it’s the only evidence you can examine and you have never done that.

But you don’t even have a realistic perception of God. So you have never examined the evidence because you don’t want to believe in God.
No, you don’t know how it was created
You claim it was created by magic and have no proof
It was created from nothing. It literally popped into existence. We do know these things.
Exactly
magic

poof there is a planet
Poof, there is water
poof, look at all the plants
Poof, Horse's and alligators
Poof, look we got people
Good lord you are dense. The magic was a quantum tunneling event which obeyed the laws of nature which existed before space and time itself.

There’s your magic, Naven.
Poof.....I made a Unicorn

No. We know how space and time were created and how space and time evolved until it produced beings that know and create.

So creation is the evidence you need to examine to answer this question because it’s the only evidence you can examine and you have never done that.

But you don’t even have a realistic perception of God. So you have never examined the evidence because you don’t want to believe in God.
It was created from nothing. It literally popped into existence. We do know these things.
Exactly
magic

poof there is a planet
Poof, there is water
poof, look at all the plants
Poof, Horse's and alligators
Poof, look we got people
It’s pretty funny you proving my point about how atheists argue the account of creation literally. It’s like you have no intellectual capacity to make any other argument.
Make a different argument

Let’s see. The definition of faith is having complete trust in something or someone. I never place complete trust in anything without first having good reason.
That's a general def.
If one googles "definition faith" one will see the one pertaining to religion Also at the top of the page.
There's #1 you posted, then the pertinent one.

2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on Spiritual Apprehension Rather than proof.

How honest was that? Not.

The evidence for God is all around you and in you. You are without excuse if you have never seriously considered the evidence. I can’t do it for you.

To argue you would believe in God if God gave you enough evidence is blaming God for his failure when the failure is yours.
You have shown ZERO evidence, just EMPTILY alleged "it's all around you."
LaLa Land.
(Which/WITCH god is that btw?)

As for Genesis, it is the allegorical account of world history before the migration from Mesopotamia. The accounts were told in story fashion so that the history and understandings being passed down could be easily remembered. It was passed down orally for thousands of years from generation to generation before Moses recorded it in writing.
I see. The Truth couldn't be remembered so Genesis/Moses just fudged it from oral tradition, including the wrong/impossible order of 'creation.'
And who are YOU to say it's "allegorical"?
Many Literalists (ie, Young Earth Creationists/YEC) believe is true as written. You are saying they're wrong/Lying.

`
You have never examined the evidence so how would you know. You don’t even have a realistic perception of God. You don’t want to believe in God. It’s not that there’s no evidence. It is literally all around you.

In fact you are arguing that Genesis should be read literally.

Here’s what Genesis tells us.

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation

But you can keep reading it literally or pretend that it is a fairytale because all that is proving is that you don't want to believe in God.
This fails as an a priori fallacy.

An attempt to rationalize subjective belief is not ‘evidence’ that ‘god’ exists as perceived by theists.
No. It’s an you have never considered the possibility of God argument.

Because you don’t even have a realistic perception of what God is argument.

All of creation is your evidence. What the fuck are you talking about. Do you not even logic?

But putting that aside you are literally proving my point that there is no evidence you will even consider. Again, a statistical impossibility.

Existence is your proof. It’s all around you.

It’s your fault for not examining it.
This fails as a scapegoating fallacy.
Actually that’s your argument. You don’t believe in God because God didn’t give you enough proof. In effect you blame God for your error.

And yet here you are discussing it.
That is what this thread is about
Yes but why are you here? Why are you discussing God? You don’t want to believe in God. So why do you want to talk about God?

I am here because the topic is the drawbacks of atheism. As an atheist, I am qualified to discuss it

Why are you here?
You post in religious forums to validate your religious beliefs. You have elevated atheism to a religion.
This fails as a tu quoque fallacy.

Theists might believe in their ‘god’ but they clearly have no belief in logic.
I love logic. God created it.

All you have to do to know I am right about this is how atheists attack rival religions.

No. I don’t accept Your definition.
Faith as it pertains to anything, including religion, is having complete trust in something or someone.
Look it up.
I did "look it up" and cited to you, you MORON.

Google - definition faith
Top of the page
definition faith - Google Search

faith
/fāTH/
noun
  1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    "this restores one's faith in politicians"

2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
You are TOO STUPID to debate.
Dunning effect.

So I don’t give a shit what people like that believe. I am telling you that at its simplest Genesis tells us that:

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation

But if you want to argue how Noah got kangaroos on the ark, I believe that must be the extent of your intellect and you should seek out creationists because that’s your speed.

But if you ever want to have a serious discussion on origin questions then you will have to step up your game.
Asked and Answered.
AGAIN:

And ALL of which is FAITH (belief withOUT evidence/proof) and 100% irrelevant to the debate a god exists at all.

Again/time saver:
There is no valid hard evidentiary argument for god, only your FAITH in 'him' and/or FAITH 'he'/THEY (there are many different 'gods') created something.

`
And you are still wrong about that too.

Your existence is proof.

Bullshit. The evidence for God is literally all around and in you. You have just never examined it because you don’t want to believe in God.
ASKED AND ANSWERED.

You can BULLSH*T.. "Attribute"/Claim anything you want to 'god,' and I can attribute it to Vishnu, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You need EVIDENCE THOUGH.
Understand STOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID?
And you need it for Prove it's Your god and not others.
YOU HAVE NONE.

You MAKE EMPTY CLAIMS BASED ON YOUR FAITH.

`
Actually you can’t but go ahead and try.

No. I don’t need to do for you what you can and should do for yourself.

Besides we both know there is no convincing your type.

Let’s go to the horses mouth.

Websters Dictionary 1828 - Webster's Dictionary 1828 - Faith

FAITH, noun [Latin fides, fido, to trust; Gr. to persuade, to draw towards any thing, to conciliate; to believe, to obey. In the Greek Lexicon of Hederic it is said, the primitive signification of the verb is to bind and draw or lead, as signifies a rope or cable. But this remark is a little incorrect. The sense of the verb, from which that of rope and binding is derived, is to strain, to draw, and thus to bind or make fast. A rope or cable is that which makes fast. Heb.]

1. Belief; the assent of the mind to the truth of what is declared by another, resting on his authority and veracity, without other evidence; the judgment that what another states or testifies is the truth. I have strong faith or no faith in the testimony of a witness, or in what a historian narrates.

2. The assent of the mind to the truth of a proposition advanced by another; belief, or probable evidence of any kind.

3. In theology, the assent of the mind or understanding to the truth of what God has revealed. Simple belief of the scriptures, of the being and perfections of God, and of the existence, character and doctrines of Christ, founded on the testimony of the sacred writers, is called historical or speculative faith; a faith little distinguished from the belief of the existence and achievements of Alexander or of Cesar.

4. Evangelical, justifying, or saving faith is the assent of the mind to the truth of divine revelation, on the authority of God's testimony, accompanied with a cordial assent of the will or approbation of the heart; an entire confidence or trust in God's character and declarations, and in the character and doctrines of Christ, with an unreserved surrender of the will to his guidance, and dependence on his merits for salvation. In other words, that firm belief of God's testimony, and of the truth of the gospel, which influences the will, and leads to an entire reliance on Christ for salvation.

Being justified by faith Romans 5:1.

Without faith it is impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:1.

For we walk by faith and not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7.

With the heart man believeth to righteousness. Romans 10:6.

The faith of the gospel is that emotion of the mind, which is called trust or confidence, exercised towards the moral character of God, and particularly of the Savior.

FAITH is an affectionate practical confidence in the testimony of God.

FAITH is a firm, cordial belief in the veracity of God, in all the declarations of his word; or a full and affectionate confidence in the certainty of those things which God has declared, and because he has declared them.

5. The object of belief; a doctrine or system of doctrines believed; a system of revealed truths received by christians.

They heard only, that he who persecuted us in times past, now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. Galatians 1:23.

6. The promises of God, or his truth and faithfulness.

shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? Rom 3.

7. An open profession of gospel truth.

Your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. Rom 1.

8. A persuasion or belief of the lawfulness of things indifferent.

Hast thou faith? Have it to thyself before God. Rom 14.

9. Faithfulness; fidelity; a strict adherence to duty and fulfillment of promises.

Her failing, while her faith to me remains, I would conceal.

Children in whom is no faith Deuteronomy 32:20.

10. Word or honor pledged; promise given; fidelity. He violated his plighted faith

For you alone I broke my faith with injured Palamon.

11. Sincerity; honesty; veracity; faithfulness. We ought in good faith to fulfill all our engagements.

12. Credibility or truth. Unusual.]

The faith of the foregoing narrative.

Actually you can’t but go ahead and try.

No. I don’t need to do for you what you can and should do for yourself.

Besides we both know there is no convincing your type.
So you have NO EVIDENCE Your god is doing anything

NO EVIDENCE it's not A different god..

and NO EVIDENCE I'M NOT GOD!

LOFL

`

No. I don’t accept Your definition.
Faith as it pertains to anything, including religion, is having complete trust in something or someone.
Look it up.
I did "look it up" and cited to you, you MORON.

Google - definition faith
Top of the page
definition faith - Google Search

faith
/fāTH/
noun
  1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    "this restores one's faith in politicians"

2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
You are TOO STUPID to debate.
Dunning effect.
SO I REFUTED you 100% ON DEFINITION of 'Faith' and "LOOKING IT UP."

You DISHONESTLY HAVE NO Answer.

LYING for JESUS

`

We don't know, because they've all observed evidence that gold panning sometimes produces results. Their current states are not the default state.

This isn't complicated. Why is it so hard for you?

It just isn't true. I provided plenty of evidence for God from we are here, the Anthropic Principle, the chicken came before the egg, no aliens, Satan contradicted everything God wrote in the Bible thousands of years ago with today's evolution, no aliens, sedimentary layer experiment by Guy Berthault, how bent rocks layers are formed in canyon walls, and more.

The abiogenesis believers here have failed and do not have an acceptable experiment to produce amino acids. Dr. Louis Pasteur disproved spontaneous generation. Thus, we cannot have a single cell. That destroys the explanation of evolution.

I also demonstrated that if the default state is negative, then it is negative for atheism which would make it positive for God or gods. Now, that is an example of a => b and !b => !a. We also have Kalam's Cosmological argument and more. Atheism has nothing..

The rest of your contradictions are just assertions or opinions. It really doesn't need a reply..

SO I REFUTED you 100% ON DEFINITION of 'Faith' and "LOOKING IT UP."

And one can refute you, by definition of 'faith' as

firm belief in something for which there is no proof.

Definition of FAITH

Atheists have no proof there isn't a God while Kalam's Cosmological Argument says different.

Moreover, you just resort to ad hominem attacks in every post, so you end up losing.

It is a theory completely without supporting evidence

There is evidence for the afterlife with consciousness after death and through near-death experiences. You believe in atheism without any supporting evidence, so it's tough to believe you're telling the truth. It would eliminate abiogenesis, aliens, humans from monkeys, and birds from dinosaurs, too. You sound like you need hard evidence or evidence by scientific method for all of these.

That's christobabble, and I care no more about it that the babbling of any religion.

No, it's in the Bible which we partly discussed. It is like God's autobiography written by various writers over 1500 years. It was found on clay tablets and then re-written on various manuscripts by hand. What is written on it was read and classified as non-fiction by the people of those times. There were the believers and atheists during those times, too. They knew the universe, Earth, and everything it existed and tried to figure out how nature worked. However, they could not explain their origins except this book did. We also had classical Greek thinking and they believed in gods, but their stories were contradicted. None of the stories in the Bible have been shown false throughout human history. Otherwise, we would not be here discussing it. Thus, you are wrong thinking it as "christobabble." There is no evidence to contradict what is written. Atheists started to use science the Greeks and other thinkers came up with in those ancient times, but they didn't find contradictions. They did think of other ways of how everything originated. Egyptians started to calculate the flow of the Nile and how long it took to get to places along it.

Just because you are ignorant does not make for a valid argument.

I'm going to ignore the rest because it degrades into negativity. I already started my weekend and don't want boring atheist complaints. Anyway, we can pick this up Monday if you're interested. Otherwise, just move on to some other poster.
It was found on clay tablets and then re-written on various manuscripts by hand.

:link:

- re-written ... .:hyper:

where are the clay tablets bond - to corroborate what was (re-written) forged(ery) from them, oh you can't find the originals ... how surprising - howabout etched in stone, what they did for prosperity - nothing at all for your bible - - are they being kept safe with your 10 commandment tablets. how about the pieces after dumbass shattered them - there seems to be something missing in you worldview - originality, authenticity. is halloween, fast approaching your favorite holiday ...

It's not that hard to discover history of the Bible from clay tables to Canon -- From Clay Tablets to Canon: The Story of the Formation of Scripture | Religious Studies Center

In fact, ding discussed the manuscripts already. You weren't paying attention.

And one can refute you, by definition of 'faith' as

firm belief in something for which there is no proof.

Definition of FAITH

Atheists have no proof there isn't a God while Kalam's Cosmological Argument says different.

Moreover, you just resort to ad hominem attacks in every post, so you end up losing.
So again KING ASSHOLE
You musta missed it.

You can't prove I'm not god. (whatever the **** that is)
YAWN!
Kalam's Cosmo argument or toilet bowl?

and btw Low IQ cumstain, there are HUNDREDS of [contradictory] 'gods', and even if one stepped in it.
At Least 75% of Believers are necessarily wrong.

And you'll keep getting the ad homs (but only with content)
because you're the primo Disingenuous LIAR for JESUS here.

`

`

There is evidence for the afterlife with consciousness after death and through near-death experiences. You believe in atheism without any supporting evidence, so it's tough to believe you're telling the truth. It would eliminate abiogenesis, aliens, humans from monkeys, and birds from dinosaurs, too. You sound like you need hard evidence or evidence by scientific method for all of these.
No, there is no evidence for some claimed afterlife. There is no evidence for consciousness after death.

There Is no “belief in Atheism”. Humans did not come from monkeys.

None of your hysterical outbursts make any sense.

An experience influenced by the expectation of an afterlife

Nobody met St Peter

Forum List

Back