What Is The Biggest Drawback Of Atheism?

No. It’s the proof you are looking for.
That's no proof, that's pure fiction.
24,000 manuscripts?

It’s the proof you’ve been searching for.
Why does the number of books copied matter? Oprah sold a million of her last book.
Because there is no other parallel in antiquity.

Nothing even comes close.
A huge number of the stories in the Bible not only have parallels many are flat out rewrites of tales told by others cultures, that predate Christianity by many, many centuries.
The flood? Check
A baby in a basket? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

The list goes on, and on, and on...
Do you have a link for those, so that I may see for myself?

The biggest drawback of atheism is it sets the stage for the deification of man.

24,000 manuscripts?

Why does the number of books copied matter? Oprah sold a million of her last book.

That's not proof of validity. Be serious.
The proof is in the manuscripts and the practices of early Christians
You have no proof, just conjecture.
The proof is in the pudding.

That's no proof, that's pure fiction.
24,000 manuscripts?

A huge number of the stories in the Bible not only have parallels many are flat out rewrites of tales told by others cultures, that predate Christianity by many, many centuries.
The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

The Flood.- Is a retelling of the more ancient tale of the Epic of Gilgamesh.
The Sumerian Flood Myth: Epic of Gilgamesh

Baby in the basket- Is a retelling of the tale of Sargon of Akkad.
The Legend of Sargon of Akkad

Virgin birth- Parrels the myth of the birth of Horus.
Horus

The Resurrection- is a retelling of the resurrection of Osiris.
Osiris

The Last supper- Is a rendition of a Norse mythology story. Where the 13th member to join a feast, betrays the “life giver”. Loki/Judas.
Balder | Norse mythology

There are sources galore for you to find if you are so curious. I chose only these for for my own convenience. Feel free to pursue further, at your own effort. What’s more is these examples are but a very few, when compared to the totality of all the rewritten tales that have been repackage into “The Bible”.

24,000 manuscripts?

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

The Last supper- Is a rendition of a Norse mythology story. Where the 13th member to join a feast, betrays the “life giver”. Loki/Judas.
Balder | Norse mythology

There are sources galore for you to find if you are so curious. I chose only these for for my own convenience. Feel free to pursue further, at your own effort. What’s more is these examples are but a very few, when compared to the totality of all the rewritten tales that have been repackage into “The Bible”.
Ok, so then you believe the 24,000 written manuscripts detailing the 3 1/2 year ministry, death and resurrection are what?

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

Ok, so then you believe the 24,000 written manuscripts detailing the 3 1/2 year ministry, death and resurrection are what?
You asked. I delivered...

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

Inconsequential...

24,000 manuscripts?

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

So looking into the account of Balder, isn’t it more likely that it is based on the account of the last supper rather than the account of the last supper being based upon Balder?’

Because the last supper occurred at least 1000 years before the account of Balder.

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

Inconsequential...
You believe 24,000 written manuscripts that detailed the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus, his death and resurrection are inconsequential?

Why?

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

So looking into the account of Balder, isn’t it more likely that it is based on the account of the last supper rather than the account of the last supper being based upon Balder?’

Because the last supper occurred at least 1000 years before the account of Balder.
Given the absence of written language amongst the Norse people, and coupled with the Bible’s consistent retelling of other cultures tales as their own, while possible; it seems unlikely.

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

Inconsequential...
You believe 24,000 written manuscripts that detailed the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus, his death and resurrection are inconsequential?

Why?
Because the story’s been told before...

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

So the story might have one believe... The writer can claim any date they like. It does nothing to add to the veracity of the claim.

Last edited:

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

So the story might have one believe. The writer can claim any date they like. It does nothing to add to the veracity of the claim.
Which writer?

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

Inconsequential...

Why?
Actually it hasn’t. What about all of the parables that Jesus taught? Who was that stolen from?

The flood? Check
Virgin birth? Check
Resurrection? Check
Last supper? Check

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

So the story might have one believe. The writer can claim any date they like. It does nothing to add to the veracity of the claim.
Which writer?
Indeed...

Horus

Osiris

Balder | Norse mythology

Inconsequential...

Why?
Actually it hasn’t. What about all of the parables that Jesus taught? Who was that stolen from?
What of the parables he was purported to have told? The Jesus character is hardly purported to have been the inventor of parable...

Forum List

Back