What Is Obama Doing That Strengthens The Middle Class?

What a shocker, people on the right are going into denial!!!!

The tax cuts for those at the very top would be of historic proportions. A new analysis by the Urban Institute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center (TPC) finds:
The Ryan plan would cut in half the taxes of the richest 1 percent of Americans — those with incomes exceeding $633,000 (in 2009 dollars) in 2014.
The higher one goes up the income scale, the more massive the tax cuts would be. Households with incomes of more than $1 million would receive an average annual tax cut of $502,000.
The richest one-tenth of 1 percent of Americans — those whose incomes exceed $2.9 million a year — would receive an average tax cut of $1.7 million a year. These tax cuts would be on top of those that high-income households would get from making the Bush tax cuts, which are due to expire at the end of 2010, permanent.
To offset some of the cost of these massive tax cuts, the Ryan plan would place a new consumption tax on most goods and services, a measure that would increase taxes on most low- and middle-income families. TPC finds that:
About three-quarters of Americans — those with incomes between $20,000 and $200,000 — would face tax increases. For example, households with incomes between $50,000 and $75,000 would face an average tax increase of $900. (These estimated changes in taxes are relative to the taxes that would be paid under a continuation of current policy — i.e., what tax liabilities would be if the President and Congress make permanent the expiring 2001 and 2003 tax cuts and relief from the alternative minimum tax.)
The plan would shift tax burdens so substantially from the wealthy to the middle class that people with incomes over $1 million would face much lower effective tax rates than middle-income families would. That is, they would pay much smaller percentages of their income in federal taxes.
The Ryan Budget's Radical Priorities — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Some folks see things happen right in front of them but still think it's a plot to fool them.

What a shocker, people on the right are going into denial!!!!

The tax cuts for those at the very top would be of historic proportions. A new analysis by the Urban Institute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center (TPC) finds:
The Ryan plan would cut in half the taxes of the richest 1 percent of Americans — those with incomes exceeding $633,000 (in 2009 dollars) in 2014.
The higher one goes up the income scale, the more massive the tax cuts would be. Households with incomes of more than $1 million would receive an average annual tax cut of $502,000.
The richest one-tenth of 1 percent of Americans — those whose incomes exceed $2.9 million a year — would receive an average tax cut of $1.7 million a year. These tax cuts would be on top of those that high-income households would get from making the Bush tax cuts, which are due to expire at the end of 2010, permanent.
To offset some of the cost of these massive tax cuts, the Ryan plan would place a new consumption tax on most goods and services, a measure that would increase taxes on most low- and middle-income families. TPC finds that:
About three-quarters of Americans — those with incomes between $20,000 and $200,000 — would face tax increases. For example, households with incomes between $50,000 and $75,000 would face an average tax increase of $900. (These estimated changes in taxes are relative to the taxes that would be paid under a continuation of current policy — i.e., what tax liabilities would be if the President and Congress make permanent the expiring 2001 and 2003 tax cuts and relief from the alternative minimum tax.)
The plan would shift tax burdens so substantially from the wealthy to the middle class that people with incomes over $1 million would face much lower effective tax rates than middle-income families would. That is, they would pay much smaller percentages of their income in federal taxes.
The Ryan Budget's Radical Priorities — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Some folks see things happen right in front of them but still think it's a plot to fool them.

Who the fuck is the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities?

Whenever anyone uses a link I always look into the sources' background.

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is funded in part by the Ford Foundation....which is one of the largest donors to progressive causes in America.
Ford Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wouldn't put much stock into their figures.

They call tax-cuts costly. That is a dead giveaway. Tax-cuts are not a cost to the government. Spending is.

Obama cut taxes for middle class Americans.

Link?
I refuse to provide a link to the payroll tax cut from 2009 that is still in effect. If you're not aware of this tax cut, it's clear you don't work for a living and should be spending time finding a job.

Sometimes these ignorant fucks make me so mad. They sit in front of the Internet and could find out anything and won't. I don't get it.

I refuse to provide a link to the payroll tax cut from 2009 that is still in effect. If you're not aware of this tax cut, it's clear you don't work for a living and should be spending time finding a job.

Sometimes these ignorant fucks make me so mad. They sit in front of the Internet and could find out anything and won't. I don't get it.

We get it.....you're full of it.

From his link at the Center he quoted:

"Because the tax cuts for the wealthy would dwarf the tax increases for the middle class, the Ryan plan would allow the federal debt to continue growing for a number of decades to come, despite its steep cuts in Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security."

It doesn't make any sense because the 1% will get a tax-cut and the middle-class (99%) is supposed to get a tax-increase. They say the tax-cuts cut their taxes in half. That must mean that the 1%ers pay much more than the Democrats will admit. Funny thing is when taxes were cut during the Reagan Administration it created 25 million new jobs, thus 25 million new tax payers, which means more revenue. The study from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities doesn't take into account job creation, thus revenue creation. They only add or subtract total revenue as a static number. They don't take into account the effect of lower taxes on job-creation.

Last edited:
What Is Obama Doing That Strengthens The Middle Class?

Supports the OWS
:eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86XhCwHhwn8]Occupy Oakland clashes: Video of masked youths smashing windows - YouTube[/ame]

Obama keeps repeating this phrase "Strengthen The Middle-Class" but he never says what it is he's doing.

Does he think raising taxes will do this, because that's all he seems to be doing.

First, the dems seem to be pushing to allow Bush tax cuts on people making under 250k and kill them for the ones above 250k, so that is lowering taxes.

Anyway, let us see what obama has done. I now a number of people who are employed by GM who were losing full time hours at plants, and who were being laid off who now have much better job security due to Obama's interference. This means they can continue to live in their houses and make payments on their mortgages, and do not need to sell at a loss or be forclosed on.

There is the increase in employment, and the end of the massive layoffs for the middle class. I guess a job keeps them middle class instead of poor.

They no longer need to be worried about being dropped from health coverage because they got sick. Some can even get back on health care coverage after being dropped for being "sick."

Middle class gay military types can now be out in the open and do not have to live in fear of dishonerable discharge because someone found out they were gay.

Many gay people who are middle class are now seeing a massive amount of support for their employment protections and rights due to obama being the first president to come out for them.

I now a number of people who were able to refinance their houses for savings and to overcome market value loss due to the housing collapse. It is also a bit easier to sell places now that obama has helped with people buying new homes.

So let us see Obama has improved job security, saved people's jobs, provided health care and made it more stable, kept people from losing their homes, kept up tax breaks, and improved quality of life for many middle class people. Seems like a pretty easy question to me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZg76EzHqbI&feature=related]Romney - Teachers, Policemen, and Firefighters - YouTube[/ame]

Romney's evolving position on helping the Middle Class.

Compare that to Obama's:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oK5Ffbyw6A]Romney Economics Fewer Teachers, Fewer Firefighters, Fewer Police Officers - YouTube[/ame]

Obama keeps repeating this phrase "Strengthen The Middle-Class" but he never says what it is he's doing.

Does he think raising taxes will do this, because that's all he seems to be doing.

First, the dems seem to be pushing to allow Bush tax cuts on people making under 250k and kill them for the ones above 250k, so that is lowering taxes.

Anyway, let us see what obama has done. I now a number of people who are employed by GM who were losing full time hours at plants, and who were being laid off who now have much better job security due to Obama's interference. This means they can continue to live in their houses and make payments on their mortgages, and do not need to sell at a loss or be forclosed on.

There is the increase in employment, and the end of the massive layoffs for the middle class. I guess a job keeps them middle class instead of poor.

They no longer need to be worried about being dropped from health coverage because they got sick. Some can even get back on health care coverage after being dropped for being "sick."

Middle class gay military types can now be out in the open and do not have to live in fear of dishonerable discharge because someone found out they were gay.

Many gay people who are middle class are now seeing a massive amount of support for their employment protections and rights due to obama being the first president to come out for them.

I now a number of people who were able to refinance their houses for savings and to overcome market value loss due to the housing collapse. It is also a bit easier to sell places now that obama has helped with people buying new homes.

So let us see Obama has improved job security, saved people's jobs, provided health care and made it more stable, kept people from losing their homes, kept up tax breaks, and improved quality of life for many middle class people. Seems like a pretty easy question to me.

Now you are lying. Those that make 250k get the Bush Tax cuts on their first 250k. Then, after that, their taxes return to the rate when the economy was successful. Before Bush and the Republicans took over and destroyed it.

The OWS is old news.

how they keep creating new news and still doing tons of damage. please dont tell me u support those vile acts.

Yes, they did tons of damage to the rights claims that the rich give a shit about people over money. Aside from that I don't see much damage having been done by them. O, maybe a bunch of people were disappointed to find out that a bunch of hippies sitting on their ass in a park isn't going to change the world, but that was a lie that needed to be dispelled anyway.

Now you are lying. Those that make 250k get the Bush Tax cuts on their first 250k. Then, after that, their taxes return to the rate when the economy was successful. Before Bush and the Republicans took over and destroyed it.

Still providing more tax revenue by the people who can afford it. Which is not a lie, and will actually provide more ability for the majority of people to consume more which will increase demand and drive the economy much more than allowing a couple of rich people some money to bury in the caymans.

But you knew economics 101 didn't you?

Scott Walker disputes Mitt Romney’s ‘message of Wisconsin’ - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

He says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It’s time for us to cut back on government and help the American people.”

Walker said during an interview on CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday that the message of Wisconsin isn’t exactly what Romney claimed.

“I think it’s slightly different,” Walker said. “I think in our case what they wanted was people who are willing to take on the tough issues, not only here in Wisconsin but across the country.”

“In my state, I know our reforms allowed us to protect firefighters, police officers and teachers,” he added. “That’s not what I think of when I think of big government.”

-------------------------------------------------------

So, is Mitt "lying"? Scott Walker isn't sure. But he is sure Mitt isn't telling the truth.

Still providing more tax revenue by the people who can afford it. Which is not a lie, and will actually provide more ability for the majority of people to consume more which will increase demand and drive the economy much more than allowing a couple of rich people some money to bury in the caymans.

But you knew economics 101 didn't you?

Yea, sure. The majority of Americans make over $250,000.00 a year. Come one. You're on disability. You barely clear $30,000. Why do you care? It didn't work in any years since 2001. Which means it's never worked. That's not "GOP Magical Economics". That's just cold hard facts.

Mitt Romney has created thousands of minimum wage jobs at "Staples". People on minimum wage get food stamps because they can't survive on minimum wage. Especially if they have children since most people who get food stamps are children. In fact, they also can't afford health care, the number one cause of bankruptcy. Which means the taxpayer also has to pay for that.

This is the Republican Plan. Minimum wage jobs. No health care. Cut education so they can only qualify for minimum wage jobs. Andre Bauer says "Feed the poor and they will breed". Most people on food stamps have jobs. But the jobs are unskilled and low paying and Republicans work to keep it that way.

Go ahead. Try to deny that. Mitt Romney said "Less Police, less Firemen and Less Teachers for a reason". That was his "policy". That's the Republican Policy. That's what you guys are fighting for.

Energy policies raising fuel prices,
Closing Coal fired power plants raising electricity costs
Higher cost of energy means higher food prices and higher costs of all goods and services
Running up over five trillion in debt in less than four years

What good has he done? I'm lost on that one:confused:

Energy policies raising fuel prices,
Closing Coal fired power plants raising electricity costs
Higher cost of energy means higher food prices and higher costs of all goods and services
Running up over five trillion in debt in less than four years

What good has he done? I'm lost on that one:confused:

It's hard when you are blocked at every turn. Read the previous post. That's what Republicans are hoping to get. Minimum wage jobs.

Mitt Romney has created thousands of minimum wage jobs at "Staples". People on minimum wage get food stamps because they can't survive on minimum wage. Especially if they have children since most people who get food stamps are children. In fact, they also can't afford health care, the number one cause of bankruptcy. Which means the taxpayer also has to pay for that.

This is the Republican Plan. Minimum wage jobs. No health care. Cut education so they can only qualify for minimum wage jobs. Andre Bauer says "Feed the poor and they will breed". Most people on food stamps have jobs. But the jobs are unskilled and low paying and Republicans work to keep it that way.

Go ahead. Try to deny that. Mitt Romney said "Less Police, less Firemen and Less Teachers for a reason". That was his "policy". That's the Republican Policy. That's what you guys are fighting for.

Republican plan is prosperity and a growing economy which in turn lifts people from poverty, as they move into higher income brackets. The democrat plan? Food stamps and government run health care. Don’t worry if you have money you'll still be able to get quality health care as long as you can pay you're fine, otherwise back of the line buddy

Forum List

Back