What Is Obama Doing That Strengthens The Middle Class?

Just played his 104th round of golf

Correction... Obama is trying to cut taxes for everybody but that highest tax bracket.

The republicans are blocking it. Rather than taking that guaranteed tax break they are fighting it. So it looks like Obama is fighting for the middle class, and republicans are fighting democrats rather than helping the middle class.

Correction... Obama is trying to cut taxes for everybody but that highest tax bracket.

The republicans are blocking it. Rather than taking that guaranteed tax break they are fighting it. So it looks like Obama is fighting for the middle class, and republicans are fighting democrats rather than helping the middle class.

He's pitting one group against another.

Why not cut taxes for EVERYONE?

I thought he promised us he was going to be a Uniter.
Haven't seen it yet.
You?

Haven't seen it yet.
You?

Yep, democrats all about about different groups fighting each other, and some of them like blacks and jews hate each other, but they both vote democrat....unbelievable......all because the democrats give them payoffs.

Is he?

While I don't have a problem with that... Lets look at this logically... I'm thirsty... I'm offered a glass of water that is 75% full. Do I turn it down because it's not completely full?

The republican party is essentially doing that. It's not a cut across the board, so no cuts are going to happen? I see who is pitting one group against another is Mitt on THIS ISSUE. I see no logical way that you can say it's Obama that is pitting one group against another on THIS ISSUE.

Haven't seen it yet.
You?
No. I have not.

Last edited:

Is he?

While I don't have a problem with that... Lets look at this logically... I'm thirsty... I'm offered a glass of water that is 75% full. Do I turn it down because it's not completely full?

The republican party is essentially doing that. It's not a cut across the board, so no cuts are going to happen? I see who is pitting one group against another is Mitt on THIS ISSUE. I see no logical way that you can say it's Obama that is pitting one group against another on THIS ISSUE.

Haven't seen it yet.
You?
No. I have not.

Working with the Dems amounts to giving you a choice between an empty glass or a bigger empty glass. Ether way the glass is empty.

Is he?

Haven't seen it yet.
You?
No. I have not.

A bill is offered as class warfare and you will not stand on the principle that all americans should be treated equally.

What did I miss?

Is he?

Haven't seen it yet.
You?
No. I have not.

A bill is offered as class warfare and you will not stand on the principle that all americans should be treated equally.

What did I miss?
You missed that I absolutely support a flat tax. No more loop holes, not bullshit deductions. Flat tax over the poverty limit, whatever that is decided. Edit: Or a federal consumption tax. That works for me as well. /Edit

But I believe that arguments should be good ones if you are going to make it. To suggest that it's Obama that is making the class warfare when offering a tax cut, if the republicans gave two shits about actually get any tax cuts they should logically take it. There is no reason not to accept the tax cut offered, and then try for more, than to just say "no"... If it's not across the board nobody gets any. I'm sorry... That's illogical and retarded.

Edit: Please note... Neither the Democratic or Republican party supports that all Americans should be treated equally. Libertarian party does seem to.

Last edited:

Is he?

Haven't seen it yet.
You?
No. I have not.

I hold Rep AND Dem responsible.

The House passes a good Bill but the Senate votes it down (if they vote on it).
The Senate will, in turn, pass the SAME Bill but the House will reject it.

Meanwhile Obama's on the fucking golf course, not doing shit about it except pointing at the Repubs.
Step up, take the lead, knock some heads, and tell BOTH parties to get their heads out of their asses.

But he is incapable of doing that.
That means he's incapable of LEADERSHIP.

Obama cut taxes for middle class Americans.

Link?
I refuse to provide a link to the payroll tax cut from 2009 that is still in effect. If you're not aware of this tax cut, it's clear you don't work for a living and should be spending time finding a job.

Is that the tax that will assure the bankruptcy of Social Security a few years earlier than presently predicted?

Good job Obama.

And that's fine... I do that as well as far as the whole picture is concerned. I believe both are wrong on how they are going about things, and it's more about their individual parties than it is about the well being of the American citizen.

But I do believe in good solid logical arguments that don't sound like someone is an mental invalid.

The Republican party can take the high road and say they believe in equality between all and everyone should have a tax decrease. But they can get that tax decrease for some, and still take that high road and say they believe in equality and shame on the Democrats for not.

Obama cut taxes for middle class Americans.

No he hasn't. Tax rates have remained the same.

That will come as quite a shock to every employer who has followed the IRS guidance to reduce payroll taxes by 2 points.
You do realize that you are talking about Social Security tax reduction, not tax reduction to the US Government? BTW....that 2 points will do more harm to the individual than help the economy.

I refuse to provide a link to the payroll tax cut from 2009 that is still in effect. If you're not aware of this tax cut, it's clear you don't work for a living and should be spending time finding a job.

The payroll tax cut started in 2011 and was extended for 2012.

The Making Work Pay tax cut - the predecessor to the 2011 cut based on the same amounts - was part of the stimulus package's 260B in tax cuts.

The Making Work Pay tax cut was a tax credit of up to a maximum of $400 for an individual and up to $800 for a couple. It had nothing to do with Soc Sec and is no longer is effect. No wonder you didn't want to provide a link to the payroll tax cut from 2009.

In late 2010, Congress and President Obama passed new tax laws that take effect in 2011 (Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010).

If you make less than $20,000, you will see less savings.

This affects about 45 million households. On average, low income earners will see $210 less over the course of the year. For example, let’s say you make $15,000 a year. Under the Social Security tax cut, you save $300. That’s one hundred less than the $400 you would have saved under the Making Work Pay tax credit.

For some people who work for state and local governments, the savings will be even less.

Many people in those categories don’t pay in to Social Security. Therefore, they won’t see any savings under the new tax laws. There are about six million households that fit that category.

Last edited:
And that's fine... I do that as well as far as the whole picture is concerned. I believe both are wrong on how they are going about things, and it's more about their individual parties than it is about the well being of the American citizen.

But I do believe in good solid logical arguments that don't sound like someone is an mental invalid.

The Republican party can take the high road and say they believe in equality between all and everyone should have a tax decrease. But they can get that tax decrease for some, and still take that high road and say they believe in equality and shame on the Democrats for not.

All I can do is add it to my prayers, tonight, though
:eusa_shifty:

All I can do is add it to my prayers, tonight, though
:eusa_shifty:
Well met...

I love your sig. LOL

No he hasn't. Tax rates have remained the same.

That will come as quite a shock to every employer who has followed the IRS guidance to reduce payroll taxes by 2 points.
You do realize that you are talking about Social Security tax reduction, not tax reduction to the US Government? BTW....that 2 points will do more harm to the individual than help the economy.

Contrary to whatever false hope you might have, those two are one in the same. SS is paid out of the same pot of money.

The payroll tax cut started in 2011 and was extended for 2012.

The Making Work Pay tax cut - the predecessor to the 2011 cut based on the same amounts - was part of the stimulus package's 260B in tax cuts.

The Making Work Pay tax cut was a tax credit of up to a maximum of $400 for an individual and up to $800 for a couple. It had nothing to do with Soc Sec and is no longer is effect. No wonder you didn't want to provide a link to the payroll tax cut from 2009.

In late 2010, Congress and President Obama passed new tax laws that take effect in 2011 (Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010).

If you make less than $20,000, you will see less savings.

This affects about 45 million households. On average, low income earners will see $210 less over the course of the year. For example, let’s say you make $15,000 a year. Under the Social Security tax cut, you save $300. That’s one hundred less than the $400 you would have saved under the Making Work Pay tax credit.

For some people who work for state and local governments, the savings will be even less.

Many people in those categories don’t pay in to Social Security. Therefore, they won’t see any savings under the new tax laws. There are about six million households that fit that category.

This is a classic example of trying so hard to disagree with someone that your evidence....proves their point.

Forum List

Back