What is Mitt Romney Hiding?

Mitt Romney has so far released only one year of tax returns (2010), plus an estimate for 2011. This stands in stark contrast to his father, Michigan Governor George Romney, who released 12 years of tax returns when he began running for President in 1967. As his father said at the time, "One year could be a fluke." So the questions remain about what is in Romney's older returns.

"1. Did you buy any illegal or gray area tax shelters?
"2. Did an IRS audit ever uncover serious problems with any of your tax returns?
"3. Did you make use of offshore vehicles to defer, or avoid paying, federal income taxes?
"4. Did you take advantage of any tax strategies that the IRS did not uncover in audits?
"5. Did you fully tithe to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints every year and take a deduction on your tax return that shows that?"

What is Mitt Romney Hiding? - Business Insider
:confused:

I wonder how many laws Obama has broken. It seems logical to assume he has something to hide when he puts his entire background off-limits to anyone who wants to inquire into it.

It's amazing the utter hypocrisy of the left on this topic and others.

Last edited:
Mitt Romney has so far released only one year of tax returns (2010), plus an estimate for 2011. This stands in stark contrast to his father, Michigan Governor George Romney, who released 12 years of tax returns when he began running for President in 1967. As his father said at the time, "One year could be a fluke." So the questions remain about what is in Romney's older returns.

"1. Did you buy any illegal or gray area tax shelters?
"2. Did an IRS audit ever uncover serious problems with any of your tax returns?
"3. Did you make use of offshore vehicles to defer, or avoid paying, federal income taxes?
"4. Did you take advantage of any tax strategies that the IRS did not uncover in audits?
"5. Did you fully tithe to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints every year and take a deduction on your tax return that shows that?"

What is Mitt Romney Hiding? - Business Insider
:confused:

:clap2:
Krugman would be proud of you, Shill
:eusa_clap:

Sorry righties, this thread is not about Obama. There are countless threads about Obama, in re his place of birth, religion, political ideology, even his golf game. This thread is about Romney.

Your efforts to deflect from the topic suggests that you fear Gov. Romney engaged in nefarious financial indiscretions and such will be exposed. Wouldn't that be better than electing a person who played fast and furious with other people's money, made a bundle of money which he hid in off-shore accounts? Or do you all prefer to remain ignorant or excuse such behaviors only because Gov. Romney isn't a Democrat? If any of Romney's Flips, Flops or Financial peccadillo's were the work of a Democrat you all would be hysterical in your condemnations.

Romney inherited much of his wealth, avoids taxes however he can. This country is worth OTHER PEOPLES' LIVES, but not a penny of their money, thus the tax shelter praise.

Romney did not inherit much of his wealth. He earned it in his business.

Obama didn't become wealthy till he started screwing taxpayers as a Senator. This is yet another item of hypocrisy of the left where Obama and Romney are concerned.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Sorry righties, this thread is not about Obama. There are countless threads about Obama, in re his place of birth, religion, political ideology, even his golf game. This thread is about Romney.

Your efforts to deflect from the topic suggests that you fear Gov. Romney engaged in nefarious financial indiscretions and such will be exposed. Wouldn't that be better than electing a person who played fast and furious with other people's money, made a bundle of money which he hid in off-shore accounts? Or do you all prefer to remain ignorant or excuse such behaviors only because Gov. Romney isn't a Democrat? If any of Romney's Flips, Flops or Financial peccadillo's were the work of a Democrat you all would be hysterical in your condemnations.

Romney inherited much of his wealth, avoids taxes however he can. This country is worth OTHER PEOPLES' LIVES, but not a penny of their money, thus the tax shelter praise.

Obama didn't become wealthy till he started screwing taxpayers as a Senator. This is yet another item of hypocrisy of the left where Obama and Romney are concerned.

Check AGAIN, Romney has always been honest about inheriting his fortune:

Romney: I won't apologize for my dad's wealth - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

His father was admired for his many charitable causes, and HARD WORK. Obama was not poor either except for a short time when he lived alone with his mother while very young, read up on the actual backgrounds of the two men, Obama's maternal grandparents were upper middle income, Obama made money writing and as an attorney. He received good investment training from his maternal grandparents also. His grandmother was VP of the Bank of Hawaii.

His father was admired for his many charitable causes, and HARD WORK. Obama was not poor either except for a short time when he lived alone with his mother while very young, read up on the actual backgrounds of the two men, Obama's maternal grandparents were upper middle income, Obama made money writing and as an attorney. He received good investment training from his maternal grandparents also. His grandmother was VP of the Bank of Hawaii.

Mitt's Dad was rich.....but he didn't give it to his son. He gave him a start and Mitt took it from there........kind of like the way my Dad co-signed for my first car. I never borrowed a cent from him.

Mitt's Dad was rich.....but he didn't give it to his son. He gave him a start and Mitt took it from there........kind of like the way my Dad co-signed for my first car. I never borrowed a cent from him.

$49,000 40+ years ago is a bit more than cosigning a loan, and his father also gave Romney the necessary business connections. George Romney carried a lot of weight in the Midwest, AND NE, and deservedly so. His name alone could secure millions for his son; George Romney was honest, straightforward, and as diligent as they come. Or so say those who knew of him in both business and public service.

$49,000 40+ years ago is a bit more than cosigning a loan, and his father also gave Romney the necessary business connections. George Romney carried a lot of weight in the Midwest, AND NE, and deservedly so. His name alone could secure millions for his son; George Romney was honest, straightforward, and as diligent as they come. Or so say those who knew of him in both business and public service.

So fucking what.

The Romney's have a bit more than others.

Where's your mis-placed jealousy for Obama's globe-trotting childhood and Harvard education.

Get over it.

Do you WANT a poor, ignorant beatnik for a President???

Green is definitely your color
:eusa_hand:

So fucking what.

Where's your mis-placed jealousy for Obama's globe-trotting childhood and Harvard education.

Get over it.

I wrote of the admiration my grandparents had for George Romney, your reading comprehension remains sub standard, unless you are 10 years old. George Romney WAS A FINE MAN. One syllable words are your only means of communication it appears. Get an adult to help you understand the big words, it may be past your bedtime. I have a Harvard education, thus am not "jealous".

I learned only good things about George Romney from my maternal grandparents, and mother. I respect Romney because of his faith, and clean living, through out his life. You need to stay away from spray paint cans, as a child likely to enjoy graffiti; maybe flashcards could help you understand "words".

So fucking what.

Get over it.

I wrote of the admiration my grandparents had for George Romney, your reading comprehension remains sub standard, unless you are 10 years old. George Romney WAS A FINE MAN. One syllable words are your only means of communication it appears. Get an adult to help you understand the big words, it may be past your bedtime. I have a Harvard education, thus am not "jealous".

I learned only good things about George Romney from my maternal grandparents, and mother. I respect Romney because of his faith, and clean living, through out his life. You need to stay away from spray paint cans, as a child likely to enjoy graffiti; maybe flashcards could help you understand "words".

I was addressing the part I bolded, not this alleged place where you "wrote of admiration".

What you wrote of, in my highlighted post, was how Mitt's dad did a "bit more" for his son than cosign a car loan.
THAT is where you came across as jealous of Mitt's beginnings.

Riiight, Sweet Cheeks. I'm sure that you claim NO deductions, and make no effort whatsoever to take advantage of ANY tax codes that allow you to pay less. In fact, I'm very sure that you donate EXTRA money to the US government every April 15, because you believe SOO MUCH in the "worth of this country", as you put it.

You lying, hypocritical sack.

What's Mitt hiding? Same thing everyone else "hides" when they don't publicize their personal financial information to the whole world: HIS PRIVATE LIFE. Let me ask you leftist twats two questions: Exactly what do you think you're entitled to know about Mitt Romney's finances prior to 2010, and do you think we're all entitled to know the same amount of info about YOU?

For the record, Presidential candidates don't HAVE to tell you shit about their finances. They have to file information with Congress, which Mitt Romney has done. Other than that, it's none of your frigging business. Also for the record, incoming Presidents (and Presidential candidates) typically do not release their tax returns any farther back than Mitt has, in fact, done. So whatever "information entitlement" you're claiming to have that's being violated, it's brand frigging new, and not even remotely in keeping with the traditions of campaigns past.

Riiight, Sweet Cheeks. I'm sure that you claim NO deductions, and make no effort whatsoever to take advantage of ANY tax codes that allow you to pay less. In fact, I'm very sure that you donate EXTRA money to the US government every April 15, because you believe SOO MUCH in the "worth of this country", as you put it.

This is the most amusing post of the evening, "sweet cheeks"; reads like a 12 year old grounded and pretending to clean the bedroom, but playing on the computer. There is of course no comparison between standard exemptions, deductions, and correct payment and sending money offshore to avoid contributing to this nation. The newest "cute guy" right wing talking empty head must be your new crush; stick to the soundbites, analysis is years away, for you. :lol::lol:

I don't care what's in his ancient tax returns. As a fact, he wasn't audited, nor were any irregularities found so who cares.

People care about Obama's college records. Seems Mitt's finances has a bigger bearing on what he would do as president.

Why do you need to look so far back? lol

If you had even one once of evidence of some sort of Illegality I could understand but you don't.

Somehow I don't think you have ever Wanted to Look this Deep into a Rich Liberals Past Taxes. Kerry had a shit ton of Money, don't remember you guys screaming about him Releasing years and years of Tax returns.

Partisan Hackery Alert.

Tying your dog on top of your car and pretending to be a police officer in public are both illegal. So is assault. Three times Romney has clearly broken the law. Only he didn't get "caught". And he wants to make sure it stays that way. Could it be any more clear?

This is the most amusing post of the evening, "sweet cheeks"; reads like a 12 year old grounded and pretending to clean the bedroom, but playing on the computer. There is of course no comparison between standard exemptions, deductions, and correct payment and sending money offshore to avoid contributing to this nation. The newest "cute guy" right wing talking empty head must be your new crush; stick to the soundbites, analysis is years away, for you. :lol::lol:

"I'm going to focus on only two words in your post because I'm too much of an intellectual coward to admit you made me look stupid, and too stupid to come up with a decent response." Be a bit more predictable and boring, why don't you?

Whenever you've got the ovaries to actually address the post, THEN you can tell me about "soundbytes" and "analysis". Because all you're capable of analyzing now is whether your man wants cheese on his sandwich. "There's no comparison between THIS legal way of reducing a tax burden and THAT legal way of reducing a tax burden, because . . . because my girlie brain is too fluffy to be able to earn that much money, and the only man I could get to marry me was a loser! WAaaah!"

Man, I hate listening to dumb broads. Back to the kitchen for you.

Now this won't bother LOL lady a bit

Disclosure forms reveal that Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a member of Congress from Florida, previously held funds with investments in Swiss banks, foreign drug companies, and the state bank of India. This revelation comes mere days after the Democratic chair attacked presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for holding money in Swiss bank accounts in the past.

Disclosure forms reveal that Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a member of Congress from Florida, previously held funds with investments in Swiss banks, foreign drug companies, and the state bank of India. This revelation comes mere days after the Democratic chair attacked presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for holding money in Swiss bank accounts in the past.

Hey, dumbfuck, is Debbie running for president? I have similar holdings just through regular stock purchases.

Hey, dumbfuck, is Debbie running for president? I have similar holdings just through regular stock purchases.

Ohh, okay, it's completely legal and ethical for DEBBIE to do it - or YOU - but if Mitt does it, it's illegal and immoral because HE'S running for President. Is that what you want us to believe? Because I think I'd like to see where that's actually written anywhere. Personally, I'm more inclined to believe that you just think it should be illegal and immoral to be the Republican Presidential candidate and breathe.

Can you say, "Hypocrite"? It's pronounced, "Lakhota".

Ohh, okay, it's completely legal and ethical for DEBBIE to do it - or YOU - but if Mitt does it, it's illegal and immoral because HE'S running for President. Is that what you want us to believe? Because I think I'd like to see where that's actually written anywhere. Personally, I'm more inclined to believe that you just think it should be illegal and immoral to be the Republican Presidential candidate and breathe.

Can you say, "Hypocrite"? It's pronounced, "Lakhota".

Duh, apparently you don't understand much about foreign investments to dodge/evade taxes. Debbie's investments were not tax havens.

romney-overseas-accounts-map.jpg

Mitt Romneys Offshore Accounts - Political Ruminations

Forum List

Back