What is it?

I am there with ya uscit I just want to know why people join a particular religion and what it does for them to be a part of organised religion.

Religion does nothing for anyone.

I am a poerson who has an automatic identification with Christianity because I claim Jesus as my Savior and Lord.

It is not about any religion, as I have said many times. I am in an awesome relationship with God that keeps me there. He reached out to me, I said yes. My life has not been perfect, but it has been wonderful.

Having a relationship with God means that I can call upon Him anytime I want to, about anything that is on my heart. He listens, and draws me closer to Him and His will in the process. In that place, I am blessed.

There are not words that can really explain it, it is just where I want to be.

The repationship clarifies the Word. The relationship brings me closer to the man I need to be. The relationship allows me to know God, as well man can, here on this earth.

Theology doesn't make a difference because God places the theology within me. The religion makes no difference to me because the relationship is where worship and praise are. We don't need religion.

I am there with ya uscit I just want to know why people join a particular religion and what it does for them to be a part of organised religion.

I can tell you why I reject organized religion. First, as humans how can we even begin to understand an entity as complex as God? Surely it would have to be like ants attempting to explain the actions of humans. Second, as religious text which religions reference are inevitably written by humans; humans are inherently fallible. So it stands to reason that every religious text is flawed since it has been written and interpretted by man. So basically I think religion is a bunch of simple minded misinformation.

I do believe in a some God. But I guess my believe in God helps to comfort me in my rationalization of existence.

Last edited:

I am a poerson who has an automatic identification with Christianity because I claim Jesus as my Savior and Lord.

It is not about any religion, as I have said many times. I am in an awesome relationship with God that keeps me there. He reached out to me, I said yes. My life has not been perfect, but it has been wonderful.

Having a relationship with God means that I can call upon Him anytime I want to, about anything that is on my heart. He listens, and draws me closer to Him and His will in the process. In that place, I am blessed.

The repationship clarifies the Word. The relationship brings me closer to the man I need to be. The relationship allows me to know God, as well man can, here on this earth.

Theology doesn't make a difference because God places the theology within me. The religion makes no difference to me because the relationship is where worship and praise are. We don't need religion.

So you don't attend a church or tithe to a church or take CHURCH doctrine to be the "word of god"?

Witness to a miracle. Nuff sed.

Ditto, a couple of times. Once twenty six years ago, when for reasons I didn't understand, the Lord saved my life. Again almost five years ago. I entered a church for the first time in forty years. I said a short alter prayer that day. The Lord explained why he saved me.

The first miracle was very public and puzzleing. People wanted me to come forward and explain it. I couldn't because I didn't understand it myself. The second miracle was very personel, not to mention impossible and not even my new pastor would believe it.

I am not part of any religion..

I think it is because of religious wackos flying planes into buildings.. Fred Phelps celebrating the deaths of those that went to war or calling 9/11 punishment for homosexuals.. It is seeing some of the christian wackos on this board and how they despise Obama or think he is going to fail strictly because he is black or not a republica..

I haven't seen any good reasons to be a part of a religion..

I think it is because of religious wackos flying planes into buildings.. Fred Phelps celebrating the deaths of those that went to war or calling 9/11 punishment for homosexuals.. It is seeing some of the christian wackos on this board and how they despise Obama or think he is going to fail strictly because he is black or not a republica..

Very well said. More of a reason NOT to be in a religion but you NAIL the hypocritical "Christian".

So you don't attend a church or tithe to a church or take CHURCH doctrine to be the "word of god"?

Sorry if I gave that impression. Let me address your fair question.

I do attent a Baptist church. It is there where I have fellowship with and worship with other believers. This is what we are instructed to do, "don't neglect the meeting together ..." Also I have been teaching youth middle school students for 25+ years, a ministry that God called me to.

I do give a tithe, and have been most of my life. It is sometime just a routine thing, but I am often reminded of just how important it is that I "bring to the storehouse..." that which God can put to use in ways that I cannot. It is not because it is a Baptist doctrine, but because it is God's instructions.

Church doctrine comes from the Word of God, and depending on which doctrine you are addressing, it may or may not be interpreted correctly. Sometimes a doctrine is there because of tradition, and they cannot get rid of it even though theynknow it is really not exactly how God designed it. Sometimes it becomes legalism. Sometimes there are doctrines that are just not correct, but the little controlling group in a particular church want it that way.

Most of the doctrines in the Baptist church are right on. Sometimes there is room for some adjustment.

However, with all of that said, my loyalty is to God, and not the local church or the Christian religion. If the Christian religion had errord, I believe I walk a different path from those errors. I don't throw the church out with the bad rules. I just ignore the rules and follow the Bible. No church is perfect.

So, you base all of religion on those few that you listed above?

Some religious people are not like that. As a matter of fact, the cast majority of religious people are not like that.

Sorry if I gave that impression. Let me address your fair question.

I do attent a Baptist church. It is there where I have fellowship with and worship with other believers. This is what we are instructed to do, "don't neglect the meeting together ..." Also I have been teaching youth middle school students for 25+ years, a ministry that God called me to.

I do give a tithe, and have been most of my life. It is sometime just a routine thing, but I am often reminded of just how important it is that I "bring to the storehouse..." that which God can put to use in ways that I cannot. It is not because it is a Baptist doctrine, but because it is God's instructions.

Church doctrine comes from the Word of God, and depending on which doctrine you are addressing, it may or may not be interpreted correctly. Sometimes a doctrine is there because of tradition, and they cannot get rid of it even though theynknow it is really not exactly how God designed it. Sometimes it becomes legalism. Sometimes there are doctrines that are just not correct, but the little controlling group in a particular church want it that way.

Most of the doctrines in the Baptist church are right on. Sometimes there is room for some adjustment.

However, with all of that said, my loyalty is to God, and not the local church or the Christian religion. If the Christian religion had errord, I believe I walk a different path from those errors. I don't throw the church out with the bad rules. I just ignore the rules and follow the Bible. No church is perfect.

Thank you for your response you seem to me to be a TRUE believer who understands that FAITH comes before religion. Although I do not believe in God I DO respect people of FAITH because faith is pure and religion is a creation of man and is therefor corruptiable and corrupting.

So, you base all of religion on those few that you listed above?

Some religious people are not like that. As a matter of fact, the cast majority of religious people are not like that.

Do you feel the same way about the Islamic faith?

Forum List

Back