What is God?

God is: Finding pure contentment cuddling up with someone in bed, and not needing anything else at that moment.

God is: Family, friends who are there for you when you need them most and not at all.

God is: Music, poetry, art, the ocean, the miracle of chidlbirth, the stars, a warm summer breeze at night, a walk in the park, an icecream sundae, your pets and the innocence in their eyes.

God is: sense, order, and peace of heart and mind.
God is: nature and all in it.
God is the reason we were born, the reason to use the gifts he gave us for good purpose, and God is the reason to get to heaven, and heaven is the reason for our existence.

777 said:
I came across a concept that God is the sum of the consciousness and a sum of life force of all living beings, meaning that we all create God. That would imply that God is within all of us, and not a separate, superior being. We all essentially would be “Gods” and our own creators. For instance, the prayers and asking for forgiveness would be directed to all humanity, and not to a separate, superior being. (Doesn’t all that fly against the general Christian teachings about God?)

That concept made me wonder what God is. What is your vision of God? Is God a thing, a being, a spirit, something that is everpresent anywhere, superior being, etc…? How did you come to believe that particular vision?

Serious answers, please. The argument is not if God exists but rather what God is for you if you are a believer.

G-d is not the sum of anything nor is he a part of His creations.

G-d is not a carved moon-idol sitting in a museum.

The human mind is finite and unable to comprehend the infinite. Can a sea slug (mankind) describe intergalactic dark matter or the strong and weak forces?

No one has the vaguest idea of G-d for the human mind cannot comprehend or understand that which cannot be understood.

ajwps said:
No one has the vaguest idea of G-d for the human mind cannot comprehend or understand that which cannot be understood.

I would only caveat that statement with the fact that God has revealed Himself (partially) to mankind, although we probably have a small small glimpse of what God is like.

gop_jeff said:
I would only caveat that statement with the fact that God has revealed Himself (partially) to mankind, although we probably have a small small glimpse of what God is like.

You are certainly entitled to your belief. A small glimpse of the Creator?

From the KJV

Exodus 33

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Forum List

Back