What is a traitor?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
Here's a good example, a foreign one, of someone being called a traitor, but from the outside you might consider things in a different light.

Yuliya Stepanova: What do Russians think of doping whistleblower? - BBC News

Yuliya Stepanova came out and basically got the Russian Olympic team banned from the Olympics.

She's been called a traitor. As one woman put it: "She blackened our government and the whole country."

But had the people who are in charge not done this in the first place, probably right from the top at some level of input, then she wouldn't have had to have done what she did. Does that mean she is the traitor, or the ones who allowed the drugs to be used are the traitors?

Here's a good example, a foreign one, of someone being called a traitor, but from the outside you might consider things in a different light.

Yuliya Stepanova came out and basically got the Russian Olympic team banned from the Olympics.

She's been called a traitor. As one woman put it: "She blackened our government and the whole country."

But had the people who are in charge not done this in the first place, probably right from the top at some level of input, then she wouldn't have had to have done what she did. Does that mean she is the traitor, or the ones who allowed the drugs to be used are the traitors?

Is there a point to this retarded thread that shouldn't be in politics?

Treason is defined in the Constitution. That's the only definition that matters in this country.

Does a "whistleblower's" claims relating to foreign alleged Olympic drug use translate to treason? I don't know but I do know that CBS's use of forged documents to influence a presidential election comes as close to treason as the U.S. might experience from the mainstream media and it seems that the network wasn't prosecuted and the "news anchor" is still earning big bucks with treasonous speeches.

Snowden is a traitor.

Bergdahl is a deserter which is sort of like a traitor.

Normally a traitor is a turncoat.

Bergdahl was not a turncoat but he did desert his post during his watch in the night.

I think this Russian babe is a whistleblower NOT a traitor.

I don't care. We have bigger fish to fry, and we have Benedict Arnold, a hero to the English Crown. Let's split hairs and blame the knife.

Does a "whistleblower's" claims relating to foreign alleged Olympic drug use translate to treason? I don't know but I do know that CBS's use of forged documents to influence a presidential election comes as close to treason as the U.S. might experience from the mainstream media and it seems that the network wasn't prosecuted and the "news anchor" is still earning big bucks with treasonous speeches.

This isn't treason in the sense of the law, but people clearly see it as treason. However this is just one example, the thread isn't necessarily about this one example, it's about treason, that's the question.

If an American did something similar, is it treason? If someone releases documents to wikileaks is it treason, or is it the fault of the person who did something that was wrong in the first place?

Why is CBS's use of forged documents treason? Lying is treason, and influencing people isn't treason.

I don't care. We have bigger fish to fry, and we have Benedict Arnold, a hero to the English Crown. Let's split hairs and blame the knife.

You don't care what treason is? Then why the hell did you reply?

BTW, if the person committing the acts doesn't know that his policies will grievously harm the country and take away people's freedom, is he still a traitor?

You don't care what treason is? Then why the hell did you reply?

But then some see it as treason, not necessarily legally treason, but treason as in she went against her country, she made the country look bad.

I care, to the extent it matters. I live with people freezing in the cold and illegal aliens and (alleged) police brutality and civil unrest in the streets, like I said, bigger fish to fry. I am channeling Kerouac here, the beat generation isn't dead. This board is the slimy slippery belly of a afterthought, like the beats said.

Last edited:
I care, to the extent it matters. I live with people freezing in the cold and illegal aliens and (alleged) police brutality and civil unrest in the streets, like I said, bigger fish to fry. I am channeling Kerouac here, the beat generation isn't dead.

One of the points I made was whether she was a the traitor or whether those who caused the policies in the first place were the traitors. Are those who make policies which cause problems in society traitors or not?

Forum List

Back