What is a "Old Fart"

Mr. P said:
I said "knowledge and wisdom" Arch, not "BS". Just kidding, I always hope to learn something from everyone. No, that doesn’t always happen. People are like books in a way, some you’ve read, some you haven’t.

to take that...so whatever-whichever!

418%20Old%20Fart.gif

snowblower5ih.jpg

Abbey Normal said:

I'm not sure if that is a pic of me or pale rider...nice digi cam...lol...oh well at least we don't eat sugar free chocolate cherries....sense of humor is good...very good...kudos!

I doubt anyone, even the 'youngins' give two hoots about anyone's age. What is tiresome is the fact that all of us post on certain threads, what we like, think, or want.

It isn't nice to tell someone else that what they like is: sad, just so sad. Like you have the position-which NO ONE has, to say what is right or wrong for them.

You want a 'roughing it' vacation, enjoy. Really, enjoy. Someone else doesn't? They too should enjoy sitting back and reading a book or whatever floats their boat.

You think Denny's and coffee is a hot date? Enjoy. Your lady friend says she'd like something else? Dump her or accomodate her, your choice. Her's too regarding continuation. Others say they think 'such and such' is romantic, especially when it's a wife discussing what she would like from her husband, replies of 'sad, that's so sad' are not condescending, but rather blather.

archangel said:
I'm not sure if that is a pic of me or pale rider...nice digi cam...lol...oh well at least we don't eat sugar free chocolate cherries....sense of humor is good...very good...kudos!

Oh, it's not Pale Rider, lol.

(j/k. It's not anyone, I just thought it was funny).

Abbey Normal said:
Oh, it's not Pale Rider, lol.

(j/k. It's not anyone, I just thought it was funny).

however pale has about twenty pounds on me and the pic was closer to pales weight...even though it could have been either one of us...Tahoe rocks even when naked in the snow...and sorry I hit ya on the post about Bermuda..
I was not serious...just making fun of monetary jestures thats all...not meant to be so personal...but hey thats me...Mr.Sarcastic as my kids say!

Kathianne said:
I doubt anyone, even the 'youngins' give two hoots about anyone's age. What is tiresome is the fact that all of us post on certain threads, what we like, think, or want.

It isn't nice to tell someone else that what they like is: sad, just so sad. Like you have the position-which NO ONE has, to say what is right or wrong for them...

Not surprisingly, you "get it", Kathianne. You know what's really ironic? My husband and I went to Bermuda for our honeymoon, and again to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. How "sad" of me to think of it as a romantic destination for us.

Kathianne said:

It isn't nice to tell someone else that what they like is: sad, just so sad. Like you have the position-which NO ONE has, to say what is right or wrong for them.

You want a 'roughing it' vacation, enjoy. Really, enjoy. Someone else doesn't? They too should enjoy sitting back and reading a book or whatever floats their boat.

You think Denny's and coffee is a hot date? Enjoy. Your lady friend says she'd like something else? Dump her or accomodate her, your choice. Her's too regarding continuation. Others say they think 'such and such' is romantic, especially when it's a wife discussing what she would like from her husband, replies of 'sad, that's so sad' are not condescending, but rather blather.

Damn Arch--now you're an insensitive old fart :rotflmao:

Abbey Normal said:
Not surprisingly, you "get it", Kathianne. You know what's really ironic? My husband and I went to Bermuda for our honeymoon, and again to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. How "sad" of me to think of it as a romantic destination for us.

I hear you. That was the point, each of us has our own 'desires'. I'd rather cuddle in front of a fireplace at home, then go camping. But that's me. Others would be thrilled with that.

I like 'pack a bag for 'warm' or 'downtown', but that is not all I like to do. Denny's and coffee is fine when we want to talk, but I like that some thought goes into it, I mean other than, "I wonder what she wants from me????" Gag me, I've never gone out with anyone for their $$$, nor have I not dated guys that had less than I, (Granted not recently, but that's a function of my age and profession.)

dilloduck said:
Damn Arch--now you're an insensitive old fart :rotflmao:

women just don't get me...thats why I have chosen to be single since my divorce back in 81...she was a liar and cheat...kinda left me sarcastic!...but she did return the car I bought her so I do respect her for that! :dance:

An old fart is simply someone who is:

1. Old,

2. Thinks they know everything,

3. Doesn't really know anything valuable, and

4. Won't hesitate to tell you everything they think they know.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
gop_jeff said:

1. Old,

comments from a "thirty something" year old...when ya hit the 50 or 60 something I suppose the 90 something year olds know nothing either...then again the teen and 20 somethings think you know nothing either... :cof:

gop_jeff said:

1. Old,

I like this better.

An old fart is:

1. Older

2. Wise enough to know they don’t know it all.

3. Know alot about alot stuff, cuz they’ve been around along time. Much longer than those that condescendingly tag them as “old Farts”.

4. Won't hesitate to tell you everything they know, cuz they have been there and done that, and don’t want to see the same mistakes made again, all ya need to do is ask. But, if they see ya about to really screw-up they may very well say so…Cuz they care.

Like it our not, Old Farts are of value.
*spoken like a true ole fart, don't ya think?* :bat:

Mr. P said:
I like this better.

An old fart is:

1. Older

2. Wise enough to know they don’t know it all.

3. Know alot about alot stuff, cuz they’ve been around along time. Much longer than those that condescendingly tag them as “old Farts”.

4. Won't hesitate to tell you everything they know, cuz they have been there and done that, and don’t want to see the same mistakes made again, all ya need to do is ask. But, if they see ya about to really screw-up they may very well say so…Cuz they care.

Like it our not, Old Farts are of value.
*spoken like a true ole fart, don't ya think?* :bat:

Your parents should be proud of you...as my parents taught me...'Respect your elders'...'Play with your equals'... and by all means try to help those younger!( Show them your mistakes) ;)

archangel said:
comments from a "thirty something" year old...when ya hit the 50 or 60 something I suppose the 90 something year olds no nothing either...then again the teen and 20 somethings think you know nothing either... :cof:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

The ClayTaurus said:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

and thank you for noticing the no when it should have been know...went back and corrected it...I was just to lazy earlier!

Forum List

Back