What is a fair tax rate?

No... I'm smart enough to know you can't tax someone who has nothing to be taxed, which is why I don't make it into a two tier system when there is only one tax bracket.

Nothing is ZERO.... by definition... $1 is not zero, by definition....

A floor does NOT make a 2 tier system.. it makes a multi tiered system based on increasing income (as I showed, definitively)... which is... wait for it... wait for it.... A PROGRESSIVE SYSTEM...

And it is not that people earning less cannot be taxed, it is because you don't want them to be taxed (or taxed the same) because of how you FEEL about their personal situation.... **cough SUBJECTIVE cough**

You can say one thing til you are blue in the face... you do not get to change what it is... you simply do, in fact, support progressive taxation.. this is truth.. this is not pulling it out of the air to just insult you.. it is what it is... you can call a dog a flower all you want, and state up and down how it looks in your eyes, it does not change what it truly is

No... I'm smart enough to know you can't tax someone who has nothing to be taxed, which is why I don't make it into a two tier system when there is only one tax bracket.

Edit: You can be just as pissed off as you want to be... but it won't change anything.

Again... 1 is not zero... it is not nothing... when you have zero income, THAT is zero

You can lie to yourself all you want.... you can lie to others all you want... it does not change reality... you support a progressive system...

Person A earns 15K, gets taxed on none and pays a 0% rate on all money earned in the year
Person B earns 25K, gets taxed on 5K at say a 20% rate, which equates to a 4% rate on all money earned in the year
Person C earns 50K, gets taxed on 30K at a 20%, which equates to a 12% rate on all money earned in the year
Person D earns 100K, gets taxed on 80K at 20%, which equates to a 16% rate on all money earned in the year
Person E earns 1MIL, gets taxed on 980K at 20%, which equates to a 19.6% rate on all money earned in the year

This is not a 2 tier system... this is a multi tiered progressive system... you can deny it til you are blue in the face, shelzie.... it is what it is

Hate to date myself, but SS taxes for employees was just 3% when I got my first job, but shortly afterwards, under President Reagan in the mid 80's I believe, it was DOUBLED to 6%....on every dime I earned, I and all workers, had a 100% increase in taxes....all to supposedly build up a surplus in SS so that when the baby boomers retired there would be enough money to fund the retirements of them....At my last job, (over 10 years ago now cuz I retired young :) ) I had finally reached the point where I did not have to pay SS taxes on my full salary because I had passed the thresh hold of what was taxed...it was a much lower thresh hold than now back then...

My last employer, a corporation, sent me a statement at the end of the year on what my TOTAL COMPENSATION was for the year.... it included my salary, my bonus, what they paid for my health insurance, any stock I had received, any disability policy they took out and paid for me, the life insurance they paid for me, AND what they paid in social security taxes in my name....soooo, I would have had a statement in hand that they created, to demand the SS taxes they paid in my name that they pegged as compensation for me, as compensation if SS taxes were ever eliminated!!! So, I would have easily been able to get those eliminated taxes added to my salary.

Most employers if not all employers, consider what they pay in SS taxes as part of the employee's total compensation.

I began to pay social security tax in December 1950 and continued till October 1993. The last 15 years I earned more than the maximum so payments were discontinued before the end of the calendar year. That's one thing which should be changed. In my opinion every employee should pay the same percentage on their entire salary.

People should be able to keep what the fucking government confiscates from them for the SS scam.

If people controlled that 15% of their lifetime income even those making average salaries could retire wealthy and leave a legacy to their families.

Sure you could............................without a mandatory program half the people would have little or nothing.

Look at the credit card debt in this country. Look at the crazy bastards who never save a dime. Look at the families who barely can afford to eat in some meager apartment or shotgun house. I read the other day that the average IRA or 401K is about $70,000....enough to keep them alive for a few years. Don't worry though....you've lived up to the fact that Republicans imagine that life is a fairy tale and live in a hermetically sealed bubble.They were perfectly happy back before social security began to see the poor elderly, the sick and the poverty stricken end up living the last few years of their lives in county poor houses where those who lived basically had to fend for themselves on a couple of acres of county owned property. Unmarked graves can be found around those old sites all across America. A Republican dream world. Hell.....the Bush terms almost put us back in those times anyway.

Dream On Prick!

Last edited:
Liberals continue to show off their stupidity claiming a person that inherits $10 BILLION, like that exists, pays no taxes.

They somehow don't pay property taxes on the land they inherit.

They don't pay taxes on the luxury plane, cars, jewelry, etc they buy with all that money.

They don't pay Capital Gains taxes on their assets...but of course they really, really got $10B in CASH according to liberals.

Nevermind their rich daddy and mommy dying giving the Govt the DEATH TAX money before Junior can get his hands on that $10B. So how much is left of that $10B once the DEATH TAX takes some of it....

But, but in the end it is really unfair that Junior gets all that money from his dead parents and the guy across town has to work at McDonalds for a living.....so unfair. The liberal solution is to take all of Junior's money so he has to go work at McDonalds....

No one is assuming anything. We were asked how we would structure the tax system and that is what we did. Inheriting money is INCOME and should be taxed as such, I even allowed $1,000,000 to be inherited tax free by anyone and only amounts over that charged at whatever rate is paid on what is OVER that, the original $1,000,000 is still untaxed. Remember my example of the $1,000,000 farm vs the $1,000,050 farm? the extra $50 is taxed on to your income and if you make more than $20,000 a year THEN you pay taxes on that $50, none is still charged on the original $1,000,000 you inherited and I even indexed it to the COL so that the $1,000,000 goes up or down as the economy inflates or deflates.

In my tax system INCOME tax would be the ONLY tax, but inheritance over $1,000,000 would be counted AS income. It would be taxed once when you inherit it. No excise taxes, no sales taxes, no tax of any other kind would be in effect. Heck, you'd even get your driver's licenses for free and your car tabs for free.

INCOME tax would pay for everything. In reality EVERYONE except the ubber wealthy would be paying much LESS in taxes, and it's possible the ubber wealthy would even be paying less in taxes as they wouldn't be paying property tax on their mansions, excise tax on their luxury yachts, etc.

Liberals continue to show off their stupidity claiming a person that inherits $10 BILLION, like that exists, pays no taxes.

They don't pay taxes on the luxury plane, cars, jewelry, etc they buy with all that money.

They don't pay Capital Gains taxes on their assets...but of course they really, really got $10B in CASH according to liberals.

Nevermind their rich daddy and mommy dying giving the Govt the DEATH TAX money before Junior can get his hands on that $10B. So how much is left of that $10B once the DEATH TAX takes some of it....

But, but in the end it is really unfair that Junior gets all that money from his dead parents and the guy across town has to work at McDonalds for a living.....so unfair. The liberal solution is to take all of Junior's money so he has to go work at McDonalds....

No one is assuming anything. We were asked how we would structure the tax system and that is what we did. Inheriting money is INCOME and should be taxed as such, I even allowed $1,000,000 to be inherited tax free by anyone and only amounts over that charged at whatever rate is paid on what is OVER that, the original $1,000,000 is still untaxed. Remember my example of the $1,000,000 farm vs the $1,000,050 farm? the extra $50 is taxed on to your income and if you make more than $20,000 a year THEN you pay taxes on that $50, none is still charged on the original $1,000,000 you inherited and I even indexed it to the COL so that the $1,000,000 goes up or down as the economy inflates or deflates.

In my tax system INCOME tax would be the ONLY tax, but inheritance over $1,000,000 would be counted AS income. It would be taxed once when you inherit it. No excise taxes, no sales taxes, no tax of any other kind would be in effect. Heck, you'd even get your driver's licenses for free and your car tabs for free.

INCOME tax would pay for everything. In reality EVERYONE except the ubber wealthy would be paying much LESS in taxes, and it's possible the ubber wealthy would even be paying less in taxes as they wouldn't be paying property tax on their mansions, excise tax on their luxury yachts, etc.

Oh.. you allowed.. SO gracious of you :rolleyes:

You get your parents house when you die, sorry that is not income.. you get the coin collection and the prized painted milk cans, sorry that is not income...

And your 1MIL level... of course, SUBJECTIVE... why not 50K?? Why not $21875423?? Why not your body weight in silver?? Why not what you can carry in your hands?? it is SUBJECTIVE.. because of how you FEEL about those above and below your arbitrary point

You get your parents house when you die, sorry that is not income.. you get the coin collection and the prized painted milk cans, sorry that is not income...

And your 1MIL level... of course, SUBJECTIVE... why not 50K?? Why not $21875423?? Why not your body weight in silver?? Why not what you can carry in your hands?? it is SUBJECTIVE.. because of how you FEEL about those above and below your arbitrary point

$1,000,000 seemed like a good number at the time. PLeaes feel free to come up with another one and base it on something other than your good graces as I based mine on, after all, you do want to be more "informed" than me.

Nothing is ZERO.... by definition... $1 is not zero, by definition....

A floor does NOT make a 2 tier system.. it makes a multi tiered system based on increasing income (as I showed, definitively)... which is... wait for it... wait for it.... A PROGRESSIVE SYSTEM...

And it is not that people earning less cannot be taxed, it is because you don't want them to be taxed (or taxed the same) because of how you FEEL about their personal situation.... **cough SUBJECTIVE cough**

You can say one thing til you are blue in the face... you do not get to change what it is... you simply do, in fact, support progressive taxation.. this is truth.. this is not pulling it out of the air to just insult you.. it is what it is... you can call a dog a flower all you want, and state up and down how it looks in your eyes, it does not change what it truly is

Edit: You can be just as pissed off as you want to be... but it won't change anything.

Again... 1 is not zero... it is not nothing... when you have zero income, THAT is zero

You can lie to yourself all you want.... you can lie to others all you want... it does not change reality... you support a progressive system...

You can be just as pissed off as you want to be... but it won't change anything.

Person A earns 15K, gets taxed on none and pays a 0% rate on all money earned in the year
Person B earns 25K, gets taxed on 5K at say a 20% rate, which equates to a 4% rate on all money earned in the year
Person C earns 50K, gets taxed on 30K at a 20%, which equates to a 12% rate on all money earned in the year
Person D earns 100K, gets taxed on 80K at 20%, which equates to a 16% rate on all money earned in the year
Person E earns 1MIL, gets taxed on 980K at 20%, which equates to a 19.6% rate on all money earned in the year

This is not a 2 tier system... this is a multi tiered progressive system... you can deny it til you are blue in the face, shelzie.... it is what it is
Yeah... Going by that logic

25000 is a tier
25001 is a tier
25002 is a tier
25003 is a tier
25004 is a tier
25005 is a tier
25006 is a tier
25007 is a tier
25008 is a tier

ext... ext...

In short... You're an idiot.

$1,000,000 seemed like a good number at the time. PLeaes feel free to come up with another one and base it on something other than your good graces as I based mine on, after all, you do want to be more "informed" than me.

Another number??... ALL OF IT... no matter what the number is.. because the income used to build that up was already TAXED... and you are keeping it in the family... your wife, your kid, your grandkid is keeping that asset of the house, the collection, the cabin in the woods, the gun collection, the priceless early albums, the diner you slaved to pay off, the company you toiled in to build up from nothing, the dream car you found in a barn and spent money on to fix up... the list goes on.... I don't care if it is worth 10K or 10MIL or 10BIL

25000 is a tier
25001 is a tier
25002 is a tier
25003 is a tier
25004 is a tier
25005 is a tier
25006 is a tier
25007 is a tier
25008 is a tier

ext... ext...

Yes.. multi tiered.. you get it.. it differs because of income... making it a PROGRESSIVE SYSTEM....

You are indeed dense... stubborn and dense... you want to make yourself believe you are not in support of it, when in fact you truly are

25000 is a tier
25001 is a tier
25002 is a tier
25003 is a tier
25004 is a tier
25005 is a tier
25006 is a tier
25007 is a tier
25008 is a tier

ext... ext...

Yes.. multi tiered.. you get it.. it differs because of income... making it a PROGRESSIVE SYSTEM....

You are indeed dense... stubborn and dense... you want to make yourself believe you are not in support of it, when in fact you truly are
No... I want a fair tax system. Not an equal one. You and I both agree that what we currently have is neither.

But I understand that you can't get blood out of a turnip. You obviously don't. Too complex for you for some reason.

25000 is a tier
25001 is a tier
25002 is a tier
25003 is a tier
25004 is a tier
25005 is a tier
25006 is a tier
25007 is a tier
25008 is a tier

ext... ext...

No... I want a fair tax system. Not an equal one. You and I both agree that what we currently have is neither.

But I understand that you can't get blood out of a turnip. You obviously don't. Too complex for you for some reason.

So you want it subjective... and you support the progressive system
A progressive tax structure is one in which an individual or family's tax liability as a fraction of income rises with income.

You can't get tax from 0.. but you can get tax from 1, just as you can get tax from 100 or 1000 or 1000000... JUST LIKE A FLAT SALES TAX DOES.. regardless of income, personal situation, etc... blind.. treating each person and each dollar equally

A progressive tax structure is one in which an individual or family's tax liability as a fraction of income rises with income.

You can't get tax from 0.. but you can get tax from 1, just as you can get tax from 100 or 1000 or 1000000... JUST LIKE A FLAT SALES TAX DOES.. regardless of income, personal situation, etc... blind.. treating each person and each dollar equally
We aren't talking about a sales tax. We are talking about a income tax. One which I don't think we should have at all, but frankly we have to have it at the moment. And likely for the rest of our lives.

You are taking it to such an extreme that it become idiotic. I don't know any other way to say it. You have to have a living wage, or you'll have government giving people money, through taxes, just to live. You are your own worst enemy on this by denying it.

We aren't talking about a sales tax. We are talking about a income tax. One which I don't think we should have at all, but frankly we have to have it at the moment. And likely for the rest of our lives.

You are taking it to such an extreme that it become idiotic. I don't know any other way to say it. You have to have a living wage, or you'll have government giving people money, through taxes, just to live. You are your own worst enemy on this by denying it.

What is a "living wage"?

What is a fair tax rate?
Toooooooooooooooooooooo easy!!

Allow the BUSH Tax Cuts to die-on-the-vine (in December), and return to.....

....THE CLINTON RATES!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."​

What is a "living wage"?
Oh... I thought that was a common phrase. Maybe not. It would help if people knew what it was if I'm referencing it... LOL

Living wage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In public policy, a living wage or subsistence wage is the minimum income necessary for a worker to meet basic needs (for an extended period of time or for a lifetime). These needs include shelter (housing) and other incidentals such as clothing and nutrition.

Another number??... ALL OF IT... no matter what the number is.. because the income used to build that up was already TAXED... and you are keeping it in the family... your wife, your kid, your grandkid is keeping that asset of the house, the collection, the cabin in the woods, the gun collection, the priceless early albums, the diner you slaved to pay off, the company you toiled in to build up from nothing, the dream car you found in a barn and spent money on to fix up... the list goes on.... I don't care if it is worth 10K or 10MIL or 10BIL

It wasn't necessarily taxed. Remember, no taxes on property, no taxes when you buy your house. When you are GIVEN a house, then it's income and you pay taxes.

What is a fair tax rate?
Toooooooooooooooooooooo easy!!

Allow the BUSH Tax Cuts to die-on-the-vine (in December), and return to.....

....THE CLINTON RATES!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."​

Don't forget the Obama tax hikes will be added too!

What is a "living wage"?
Oh... I thought that was a common phrase. Maybe not. It would help if people knew what it was if I'm referencing it... LOL

In public policy, a living wage or subsistence wage is the minimum income necessary for a worker to meet basic needs (for an extended period of time or for a lifetime). These needs include shelter (housing) and other incidentals such as clothing and nutrition.

Let them move into a "poor house": no drugs, no extra rooms, no extra TVs, no beauty treatments, no tatoos. If they cannot get a job and get out, then after a set amount of time, give them a "modest" place, and let them eat in a common kitchen (they can use Michelle Obama's school menus) to keep them healthy. No one should want to stay on "handouts".

What is a "living wage"?

Let them move into a "poor house": no drugs, no extra rooms, no extra TVs, no beauty treatments, no tatoos.
Well... I'd say that's prison but... Pretty sure all of those are there.

If they cannot get a job and get out, then after a set amount of time, give them a "modest" place, and let them eat in a common kitchen (they can use Michelle Obama's school menus) to keep them healthy. No one should want to stay on "handouts".
*blink*blink*

And you would pay for that with... Taxes?

Here's my stance point blank.

You have to not tax the living wage, because frankly all you'll be doing is take money from them, and then give them more back in the form of goods/services in which to live. But now you are also paying the fee's for the bureaucracy of it.

It's flat out cheaper not to tax people in poverty. And that's the logical view pure math and economics.... Without any bullshit right dominant brain help your fellow man out you rich bastards getting in the way of it.

Forum List

Back