Oddly worded statement from Mitt's tax people

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Oddly worded statement from Mitt's tax people

He's not like us.

"In what is becoming a bit of a habit, Mitt Romney managed to release some highly sought information Friday in a way that multiplied the questions he faces by a factor of, approximately, two gazillion. What he released were his 2011 tax returns, along with an oddly worded statement from his tax people, Price Waterhouse Coopers, saying ..."

Mitt Romney's tax returns create more questions than answers - Lane Filler

The GOP primary voters selected this dufus over all others.

Thank you citizens United!
:lol:

The whole issue with the rate Romney pays comes down to the fact that almost all of his earnings are from capital gains, which are taxed at a much lower rate. This is nothing that Romney has done wrong and it is not a situation where he has cheated on his taxes. The question we should be asking ourselves is whether the capital gains rate is too low or not. Personally, I believe it is too low, but I also do not believe it should be as high as the earned income rate.

The whole issue with the rate Romney pays comes down to the fact that almost all of his earnings are from capital gains, which are taxed at a much lower rate. This is nothing that Romney has done wrong and it is not a situation where he has cheated on his taxes. The question we should be asking ourselves is whether the capital gains rate is too low or not. Personally, I believe it is too low, but I also do not believe it should be as high as the earned income rate.

Just because something is legal doesn't automatically make it moral. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back