What is a "Deathbed Vision"?

All near death experiences are caused by erratic brain activity due by a cascade of neurotransmitters released as the body shuts down.

That sounds true. )

It's one theory. But it doesn't explain how a blind person can clinically die during an operation only to be awakened and describe everything that happened, in detail, to those who were in the room. No cascading neurotransmitters were responsible for that.

People have a soul, and it leaves the body when you die. Religion really has nothing to do with it either, except where your soul goes.

Last edited:
All near death experiences are caused by erratic brain activity due by a cascade of neurotransmitters released as the body shuts down.

That sounds true. )

It's one theory. But it doesn't explain how a blind person can clinically die during an operation only to be awakened and describe everything that happened, in detail, to those who were in the room. No cascading neurotransmitters were responsible for that.

People have a soul, and it leaves the body when you die. Religion really has nothing to do with it either, only where your soul goes.

His brain was not biologically dead as in dead cells.

EEG's do not see ALL brain activity.

That sounds true. )

People have a soul, and it leaves the body when you die. Religion really has nothing to do with it either, except where your soul goes.

I can 'see' with my eyes closed. I do so all the time. Usually at night.

That sounds true. )

People have a soul, and it leaves the body when you die. Religion really has nothing to do with it either, only where your soul goes.

His brain was not biologically dead as in dead cells.

EEG's do not see ALL brain activity.
That still doesn't explain how he was able to see what was happening in the room.

☭proletarian☭;2084308 said:
That sounds true. )

Ah yes... the mind's eye. But could you prove that what your mind's eye is seeing is real?

Good point, I am still working the the lens cap technology.

That reminds me, I need more Hormel chille.

☭proletarian☭;2084308 said:

Ah yes... the mind's eye. But could you prove that what your mind's eye is seeing is real?

Can you prove that what your eye is seeing is real?

No, you can't.

People have answers to things unknown, but that doesn't mean its the truth. I guess when the time comes for their deathbed experience, then they'll find the truth.

OMG, I just had a horrible thought!

Skulls description: with my luck I'd be seeing my first wife standing with arms crossed and literally 'nagging me to death' with her endless dribble. :lol:

I don't know about that, either ... but she was always, always trying to get me to wear garlic around my neck when I was pregnant!

prophylactics work better before the fact.....

Forum List

Back