What , if any, religion do you adhere to?

Religion?

• Judaism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christian (Biblical)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Catholic

• Protestant/ Lutheran/ Resotrianism/ other Christian

• Hinduism

• Buddhism / Toaism/ similar (specify)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Islam (specify sekt)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • None (Atheist; gnostic or agnostic)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Shinto

• Other (;specify)

• Total voters
Generically Christian (Seventh-Day Adventist), but thinking of changing to Catholicism.

wtf?o.0 How do you 'choose to change to catholocism'? isn't the point to follow the 'word of god', and to attend the church that does so- not to pick the one you like best?

One must review their beliefs and choose the religion which they believe in, this would include the Church one goes to. Fellowship is part of Christian belief, why would you congreate with people you did not feel where following the word of God? As in why belong to a Church you no longer think is the correct one?

This is an ever evolving process as you learn and grow in your faith.

ALL churches are man made and run by man. NONE are going to be perfect. The only perfect church is the one God establishes and he is not currently establishing anything on earth, that will come before the final battle.

If I 'worship' anything it is life itself. I am in awe of the complex diversity of it as well as its fragile uniqueness to this one planet. (inso far as we know)

-Joe

Generically Christian (Seventh-Day Adventist), but thinking of changing to Catholicism.

wtf?o.0 How do you 'choose to change to catholocism'? isn't the point to follow the 'word of god', and to attend the church that does so- not to pick the one you like best?

I was not placed upon this Earth completely developed in the physical or mental state - why do you assume I was spiritually actualized from the moment I started attending church? Everyone slowly develops a feeling for what our Savior means, including to one's self. My parents initially introduced to me to Seventh Day Adventism when I was around the age of 11, but I have always felt that it wasn't quite 'right.'

I have always felt that churches do their best, and that at best - it is only coincidental to enjoy a church's services completely. The whole idea of what it means to be Christian I have been considering long and hard, because frankly what should I aim for; a church that is 'close' or a none at all? What I have thought religion should be, versus what it is currently in modern day society - is so from what I first thought it should be I have been lost.

What the Catholic church seems to be is more then a battler of perceived social ills, but a true staunch defender of 'good.' At least, as 'good' as we can get on this Earth; it is unabashed in this sense. Whereas the SDA seems more vanilla, a little to open about accepting the gray moral listlessness that is so prevalent in our modern and decadent society. Worried more about feeding the poor, then they are that the poor could be rapists, or murders or thieves.

I know it's weird to think that someone would want to actively accept the 'Old Testament God' over that of the 'New Testament God' but to be frank: I don't care. I want to see good in this world and I want to see evil. I see good and I see evil. I just don't see how some of these churches, like the one I go to, think that the only evil is the Obama Administration or hungry people or poor people. That's just silly, Jesus cares about our eternal souls, not some casual pain in our belly reminding us when we're not getting fat.

• Banned
One must review their beliefs and choose the religion which they believe in, this would include the Church one goes to

That's not 'deciding to change to X'; that's saying 'I used to believe Y, but have recently found that Y was incorrect; I now believe X'. As Catholicism is mutually exclusinve and incompatible with any remotely christian teachings, one cannot 'think about switching'; one believes one, the other, or neither.

. Fellowship is part of Christian belief, why would you congreate with people you did not feel where following the word of God? As in why belong to a Church you no longer think is the correct one?

If one believes a church to be wrong, you leave. You don't think about which you like better or consider switching like you think about switching cable providers.

NONE are going to be perfect.

Yes, they are- if they follow the word of god, as god will reveal himself to them. Unless, that is, said deity is not real :rolleyes:

Last edited:
One must review their beliefs and choose the religion which they believe in, this would include the Church one goes to

That's not 'deciding to change to X'; that's saying 'I used to believe Y, but have recently found that Y was incorrect; I now believe X'. As Catholicism is mutually exclusinve and incompatible with any remotely christian teachings, one cannot 'think about switching'; one believes one, the other, or neither.

. Fellowship is part of Christian belief, why would you congreate with people you did not feel where following the word of God? As in why belong to a Church you no longer think is the correct one?

If one believes a church to be wrong, you leave. You don't think about which you like better or consider switching like you think about switching cable providers.

NONE are going to be perfect.

Yes, they are- if they follow the word of god, as god will reveal himself to them. Unless, that is, said deity is not real :rolleyes:

Tell ya what? As you do not believe, I will not PREACH to you and YOU do us all the same favor. Cause your bat shit crazy.

your bat shit crazy.

Have you been taking English lessons from Rene'?

I just asked some simple questions. IOt seems that most neochristians merely pick and choose what they like and build a custom religion like the little wiccan/witch wannabes at the mall.

You know, if a Priest asked you those questions, you'd go running around screaming about how all those stupid radical Christians were trying to impress their religion on you. Now that you're doing, it is perfectly acceptable? Sorry, but that doesn't pan out.

[
You know, if a Priest asked you those questions, you'd go running around screaming about how all those stupid radical Christians were trying to impress their religion on you. Now that you're doing, it is perfectly acceptable? Sorry, but that doesn't pan out.

You're an idiot. None of those questions are applicable in my case, as i am not sitting in a church, considering another that might better suit my desires.

You fail, sir.

You are simply trying to get people to not believe, you are using this as an excuse to "preach" your belief in no god. But hey thanks for being the hypocrite.

People who need religion are weak in the brain and can't make their life have meaning so they need something fantastic to believe in. Even Muhammed Ali once said something like: well, who do you think made the trees and the mountains? So you also have to be a bit of a simpleton, which he definitely was.

I just asked some simple questions. It seems that most neochristians merely pick and choose what they like and build a custom religion like the little wiccan/witch wannabes at the mall.

Ahhhhh..... Suddenly this thread make a bit more sense. It does seem weird that discontent with church government often leads to a new church. Imagine the power shift on this planet if all the Christians and/or all the Muslims were actually of one faith and mind.... >*shudder*<

I suppose it's only weird from the perspective of there being a consistent God with a plan, but from the perspective of faith being ours to design as the times demand, it fits the historical evidence and it works... Hell, it worked great for societal governments too, until all the dirt had a well-defended flag.

Either that or our history really is the plan of a sentient God... if that's the case, the joke is on us.

-Joe

Last edited:
You are simply trying to get people to not believe
:eusa_eh: I just asked a simple question to see what the stats are and then asked a question of a single member.

, you are using this as an excuse to "preach" your belief in no god

Actually, i asked a member a question, as his statement implied a thought process and course of actions that directly contradicts the premise of the religion with which he identifies. It's klida like someone saying they're GOP but they wan to nationalize the auto industry ;)

Now stop crying

I just asked some simple questions. It seems that most neochristians merely pick and choose what they like and build a custom religion like the little wiccan/witch wannabes at the mall.

Ahhhhh..... Suddenly this thread make a bit more sense. It does seem weird that discontent with church government often leads to a new church. Imagine the power shift on this planet if all the Christians and/or all the Muslims were actually of one faith and mind.... >*shudder*<

1)Well, I do find it interesting that two people have selected 'Protestant/ Lutheran/ Restotrianism/ other Christian ' yet noone has yet identified themselves as ACTUAL CHRISTIANS WHO FOLLOW THE BIBLICAL TEACHINGS o.0 :confused::confused: Do they not realize that this would mean they follow the words of men and not of god, per the biblical teachings and that they therefore follow satan?

This simply reinforces my statement that 'It seems that most neochristians merely pick and choose what they like and build a custom religion '

I expected to learn some statistics, but we have been treated to a little insight on just how religious minds work. of course, they might try to vote for biblical now, just to try to support their attempts turn this into an attack on me (as they are already attempting to do), but much has already been learned

2)As improbable as it is that all of a certain major religion (especially the Abrahamic religions) would ever beliei e he same thing, practice the same rituals, or worship the same god- if such were the case, it would certainly strengthen their claims to get their commandments from an all-powerful deity instead of being the creations of Man.

I suppose it's only weird from the perspective of there being a consistent God with a plan,

an assertion that raises many questions when forwarded

but from the perspective of faith being ours to design as the times demand, it fits the historical evidence and it works... Hell, it worked great for societal governments too, until all the dirt had a well-defended flag.

It really does. For example, trying to justify Old testament laws, morality, and commandments is quite difficult if it is divinely ordered. However, if we understand it as the emergence of law like any other, merely reinforced with its own myths (much like modern-day America has it legends and myths regarding Thanksgiving Day and whitewashes the hell out of Columbus), it all makes perfect sense

Either that or our history really is the plan of a sentient God... if that's the case, the joke is on us.

That would make me question the moral fiber and nature of such a deity

Forum List

Back