What Hurricane Did To Gulf Shore Blvd. Condos On Naples Beach. Much Of Electrical Grid Gone. Winter Millionaires Cannot Come Yet.

My_Chinchilla_Is_A_Racist

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2022
Somewhere In Florida
I found out about this looking at news stories regarding the hurricane damage on especially the naples coastline. a reporter brought up that the electrical systems in many of these high rises were pretty much fried. lets just say that any of the electrical mains/boxes that were on land or in the first floors of these very pricy condos were flooded. This is really gonna suck for the winter season when naples brings in millions into their economy (or maybe billions). Can you just imagine being in this situation where you may not be able to go to your condo on the beach this November/December, and have to wait it out up north in the freezing weather? Im guessing the super rich just may buy another condo elsewhere for the winter{or a rental} if they can find one.

I found out about this looking at news stories regarding the hurricane damage on especially the naples coastline. a reporter brought up that the electrical systems in many of these high rises were pretty much fried. lets just say that any of the electrical mains/boxes that were on land or in the first floors of these very pricy condos were flooded. This is really gonna suck for the winter season when naples brings in millions into their economy (or maybe billions). Can you just imagine being in this situation where you may not be able to go to your condo on the beach this November/December, and have to wait it out up north in the freezing weather? Im guessing the super rich just may buy another condo elsewhere for the winter{or a rental} if they can find one.

Yeah, so? Rich people buy things. If you're jealous, work harder, and smarter

Last edited:
i sold my townhouse there in late 2020 {it needed some work} it doubled in price pretty quick. i have no idea how bad the lower unit got flooded. but thank god i moved further up to sarasota.

I'm at Fords Garage in Sarasota right now having dinner.

oh, your way north of me,,,im in the beneva/fruitville area.....the border line of where Ian didnt destroy any neighborhoods,,,but i heard venice/northport were hit worse

My friend lost quite a few trees and his solar system. So I flew out to help him repair that.

My friend lost quite a few trees and his solar system. So I flew out to help him repair that.
im guessing a lot of people and contractors may be headed over here to help out here. i wonder where all of the debris is going to. have u seen any of those vanderbilt beach drones/vids of the destruction? ive seen most of them on you tube. Vanderbilt Beach really got it bad.

/——-/ Not too much class envy going on here.

im guessing a lot of people and contractors may be headed over here to help out here. i wonder where all of the debris is going to. have u seen any of those vanderbilt beach drones/vids of the destruction? ive seen most of them on you tube. Vanderbilt Beach really got it bad.

Yeah, it did. Up here it's trees, fences, and windows.

Forum List

Back