What Has The Government Done For You?

hoover-dam-1.jpg

Help supply power to tens of millions of Americans.

What has ___________ done for you sounds alot more like charity and/or entitlements. Of which I receive none. I have paid taxes for the last 28 years of my life and am only in my mid-40's. Anything the Government provides me I have paid my share of.

So has most other people, that's not the point.

What has ___________ done for you sounds alot more like charity and/or entitlements. Of which I receive none. I have paid taxes for the last 28 years of my life and am only in my mid-40's. Anything the Government provides me I have paid my share of.

You began enjoying the benefits of being an American the day you were born. Taxes are a way of repaying that debt. Chances are, you have not repaid it yet.

So has most other people, that's not the point.

Nice piece! Not much practicality though.

But to counter Hoover........ WHOOPS WPPS mothballed them we did. Cost over runs Government in its infinite wisdom kept submitting design changes after the fact.

You began enjoying the benefits of being an American the day you were born. Taxes are a way of repaying that debt. Chances are, you have not repaid it yet.

Could you be just a tad more condescending? I don't think you've quite managed it yet.

Such a fucking drama queen.

Well, this president is making us the laughing stock of the other industrial nations. Our Brave military men and women protect us. Oh and hubby gets his pension check from the navy he served for 25 years. That this admin is trying to change and will have no incentive for the young to join the military and mostly have to draft if this gets through!

So, the Republicans did good then. Excellent. :lol:

Not all Republicans are evil. Abraham Lincoln, for example, created the country's first income tax.

No shit Sherlock? Thank you so much for stating the fucking obvious.

You're really not terribly smart, are ya?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqLMcyUFrSA&feature=player_detailpage]Elmo's Potty Time: Sesame Street - YouTube[/ame]

I'm really interested as to why Sundial continues to post the Constitutionally dubious contributions of the US Government and yet continually ignores the one most important thing.

If she thinks all that shit is more impressive that this.... that just about sums her up.

hummer-from-the-us-army-to-china-7794_4.jpg

images

images

images

^^^^^^ These guys.... I'll pay my taxes for them. You can keep all the huggy feely shit that can be better delivered by the private sector.

I'm really interested as to why Sundial continues to post the Constitutionally dubious contributions of the US Government and yet continually ignores the one most important thing.

If she thinks all that shit is more impressive that this.... that just about sums her up.

images

images

images

^^^^^^ These guys.... I'll pay my taxes for them. You can keep all the huggy feely shit that can be better delivered by the private sector.

Yawn....

Hey... I'm as patriotic as the next guy. I fully appreciate everything our military men and women do for us... I used to be one of them. However, I do not support wars that do not need to be fought(including our current engagements), I do not support private security firms that make a profit off of our continued involvement in killing others, and I do not support the Military/Industrial Complex that continually churns out weaponry that we have to feel obligated to purchase at great cost to us, the taxpayer.

If something is deemed obsolete, by all means... replace it with something better. I just don't get why "government spending is bad", except for this monstrosity of expense.

images

images

images

Yawn....

Hey... I'm as patriotic as the next guy. I fully appreciate everything our military men and women do for us... I used to be one of them. However, I do not support wars that do not need to be fought(including our current engagements), I do not support private security firms that make a profit off of our continued involvement in killing others, and I do not support the Military/Industrial Complex that continually churns out weaponry that we have to feel obligated to purchase at great cost to us, the taxpayer.

If something is deemed obsolete, by all means... replace it with something better. I just don't get why "government spending is bad", except for this monstrosity of expense.

I support what our government is Constitutionally authorized to do. One of it's primary functions is the one I posted. The internet - nice but the private sector can do it. Medical advances - good to have, but the private sector can do it better.

What I don't need is some idiot lefty 'splainin' to me - an American - what the Government has done for me. I'm already aware.

All that good stuff - great.

But.... since I am not yet 30..... at what fucking price to me? Or my kids? Or my grandkids?

Stop spending us into oblivion.... it's not that hard to understand.

So, the Republicans did good then. Excellent. :lol:

Not all Republicans are evil. Abraham Lincoln, for example, created the country's first income tax.

And this is an example of Lincoln not being evil? Stealing from the people that which he did not earn?

This is an epic fail...

Lincoln proposed an income tax to pay for the war against the confederacy. Yeah, you actually have to pay for wars. That's something modern day Republicans do not understand.

Kept my food safe.

Kept my car safe.

Gave me a job when I was in the Military.

Gave me a needed operation when I was in the Military.

Gave me the GI bill.

Protected me from Right Wing freaks who want to destroy our rights and tear down our country.

Forum List

Back