What has Romney done since 2008?

That makes him qualified to be the Republican nominee this time?
Republicans rejected him in 2008. So what is different now?

He floated to the top of a literal toilet bowl of republican primary candidates.

oh well, so did Obama and you all elected him President for crying out loud
at least Romney was a Governor of a STATE and has some sense of how to run things

Romney knows how to take advantage of the tax system for his own personal benefit.

The state where he was governor will not vote for him for president.

He was compelled by the 1%ers as their "Great White Hope"?

Dems voted for a man b/c he was black. They have no high ground on racism.
Democrats don't insist on being shown birth certificates then question them once they are produced--a year after they are produced like some people. Other than Obama being black and having a funny sounding name; there is no reason for you and others to be questioning his birthplace. Which is what makes you and other birthers racists; not all republicans or those who oppose our President...just birthers.

What have Republicans done since 2008?

Oh...yea, I remember

They protected tax cuts for billionaires

A better question, although 6 years late, what has Barack Hussein Obama ever done in his relatively short non productive life that makes him qualified to be a Kentucky Fried Chicken mop pusher?

It's like I always said;

If you were to take the Romney platform and put any consonant next to his name other than "R" or "D" on the ballot (I tend to think he would have run as a Democrat if Hillary Clinton didn't run in 2008), he would get Harry Browne type numbers.

Don't know who Harry Browne is? Thats my point.

Though In 2008, I could have said the same thing about Obama (except for him running as a Republican).

If the dimwit in chief was completely white instead of 5/8ths he wouldn't be anywhere near Washington D.C.

Is this a serious question? lol

I pose this in return - What has Obama done since 2008 that qualifies him to be the democratic nominee? He failed at his first attempt and even won the Whie House...

Played a Hell of alot of golf.... :eusa_clap:

He tried to play a lot of golf, the game he plays has nothing to do with golf......I would give him 10 strokes a side and kick his scrawny ass.......

I doubt the whole golf thing anyway, it was just an excuse to get away from Michelle and screw around with Reggie Love.

He learned how to run a more focused, better disciplined campaign.

so it is all about the political game not about who is the best suited to be our president?

I don't know about you, but I certainly want a President who approaches problems in a focused and disciplined way. Imo, there is far too much focus on ideology in this election and not enough focus of the personal qualities of the candidates. America's central problem is our slow rate of economic growth, which negatively impacts nearly all aspects of our national life including government deficits, unemployment, government services, including education and public safety, and even our national security, as well as lowering our expectations in our personal lives for salary/profit increases, retirement savings and our children's futures. So ideology and political slogans aside, which man has shown us he is better qualified to get America's economy growing again?

Obama whines that this is a really, really, really hard thing to do, especially since the Republicans in Congress have been really, really, really mean to him, and he is backed by a chorus including Bill Clinton and Joe Biden who chant, "Really, really hard and really, really mean." And they're right, it is a hard thing to do, to get the economy growing at a faster rate, especially when the other Party controls Congress, but Mitt Romney's entire career in both the public and private sectors has been about achieving success under adverse circumstances after other leaders have failed.

As both a management consultant and a venture capitalist Romney went into failing companies and found ways to make them successful again after the previous management had failed. In the Winter Olympics, Romney took over an organization that was rife with corruption and drowning in debt; he dismissed the corrupt officials and turned deficits into a surplus. As governor of Massachusetts, Romney faced precisely the same problems Obama has faced for the last 3 1/2 years. The dot com bubble burst and the 2001 recession it caused had devastated the Massachusetts economy, so that when Romney took office unemployment was rising, deficits were out of control and the legislature was heavily dominated by liberal Democrats who bitterly resented the fact Romney was living in the governor's mansion, but Romney found ways to get this hostile legislature to pass budgets that included strong austerity measures that balanced the budget and helped bring down the unemployment rate: finding ways to achieve success under adverse circumstances after other leaders had failed.

On the other hand, Obama has no record of notable achievements in any job he has ever held; indeed, one might say his most notable achievement is getting voters not to notice his lack of notable achievements in any job he has ever held. Bill Clinton pointed this out in 2008 and the Obama campaign sent Jim Clyburn out to call Clinton a racist, but Bill was right, no notable achievements as a community organizer, no notable achievements as an attorney, no notable achievements as law school teacher, no notable achievements as state legislator, no notable achievements as a US senator and with regard to the central problem that negatively impacts nearly every aspect of our national lives and continues to lower our expectations for our futures and our children's future, the lack of economic growth, certainly no notable achievements as President of the United States.

Obama postures and whines; Romney finds ways to achieve success under adverse circumstances after other leaders have failed.

well in fairness the Republican who did win in 08 fared rather poorly on election day - hard to be any worse than McCain.

McCain accepted public financing but Obama, recognizing he had little to offer as President and would probably lose on a level playing field, opted to destroy the public financing system and outspent McCain by a ratio of 4 -1 during the campaign and 5 -1 during the last month. With that kind of advantage, it is hard to imagine anyone could have done worse than Obama.

Forum List

Back