What happened to liberals pushing gun control?

Who was it that lobbied Congress for the Brady Bill? Who was the leader of the Brady Campaign to prevent Gun violence?
Irrelevant. He didnt initiate the bill. You knew that. You lied.

And, in any event, your red herring, like all others,is irrelevant, becvause the issue here has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats.

What happened to liberals pushing gun control?

At one point, they pushed it rather strongly. Nowadays its hardly ever brought up.

If the anti-gun crowd is so right, if their argument is so sound – why pull back from the issue?
I don't think it's a matter o' pulling-back. I'd always assumed the Pro-gun folks had jumped on the drug-legalization bandwagon, and the gun-control people recognizing both-issues being one-and-the-same; that both products were only as dangerous as they're used.​

I don't think it's a matter o' pulling-back. I'd always assumed the Pro-gun folks had jumped on the drug-legalization bandwagon, and the gun-control people recognizing both issues being one-and-the-same; that both products were only as dangerous as they're used.
Interesting. Do you have anything from any of the 'former' supporters of inncreased gun control that supports this?

Last edited:
Who was it that lobbied Congress for the Brady Bill? Who was the leader of the Brady Campaign to prevent Gun violence?
Irrelevant. He didnt initiate the bill. You knew that. You lied.

And, in any event, your red herring, like all others,is irrelevant, becvause the issue here has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats.

Ducking already?

How is Reagan Republican Jim Brady pushing the passing of the "Brady Bill" not relevant? The largest gun control legislation in the last 30 years was the brainchild of a Reagan Republican not a "liberal"

Kind of shoots down the logic of your whole thread doesn't it?

The largest gun control law passed in the last thirty years was initiated by a Reagan Republican

What was the assualt weapons ban?

So you LIKE the Republican Brady Bill?

glad to see that

You said
The largest gun control law passed in the last thirty years was initiated by a Reagan Republican
I asked you what was the assualt weapons ban? and you answered with this shit? Something I did not say. How very dishonest of you on both accounts..

Uh, Woodrow Wilson, Al Gore Sr., William Fulbright, Sam Ervin. The 21 DEM senators who voted against the Civil Rights Act, while only 4 Republicans in the senate voted against it.

Which of those Democrats are currently serving in office? Which of them are even alive?

Let it go already. The Dixiecrats don't exist anymore, and haven't really existed since the 60's.

All the states that used to vote for Dixiecrats went Red a looong time ago, and all the racists that supported people like those you just listed went right along with them, which was my point.

I'm agreeing with you, back before the 60's, there were in fact a lot of racists in the Democratic party, but, again, most of the racists in the region they came from started voting Republican 40-50 years ago.

I don't think it's a matter o' pulling-back. I'd always assumed the Pro-gun folks had jumped on the drug-legalization bandwagon, and the gun-control people recognizing both issues being one-and-the-same; that both products were only as dangerous as they're used.
Interesting. Do you have anything from any of the 'former' supporters of inncreased gun control that supports this?
Not really....it's just an idea I've been puttin'-out-there, for a few years, now.

At it's core, I believe that, but there're still some things that trouble me....like....if you sold a bag o' Pot, to someone, you wouldn't have to worry about them killin' someone, with it.​

Not really....it's just an idea I've been puttin'-out-there, for a few years, now.
I have met only a few liberals who believe restrictions on guns should not be increased.
This, as you might imagine, only increases my curiosity as to why liberals have given up on significant efforts - such as those seen up to 1994 - to do so.

Last edited:
I have met only a few liberals who believe restrictions on guns should no tbe increased.
This, as you might imagine, only increases my curiosity as to why liberals have given up on significant efforts - such as those seen up to 1994 - to do so.

I would be one of those few.

Though I do admit, I draw the line at explosive devices, like rocket launchers for instance, for obvious Terrorist-related reasons...

and I did think that making firearms legal in bars where alcohol is being served is a bit much...

but other than that, it's all good.

Last edited:
Ducking already?
There's no need to duck
1: Your statement is a lie
2: Your statement is a red herring.

Red Herring? Lie? That Reagan Republican Jim Brady is responsible for the passing of the Brady Bill?

Why are you so afraid? Can't Republicans be against unlimited guns?

Its not just those nasty liberals is it? How many Republicans voted for the Brady Bill?

Red Herring? Lie? That Reagan Republican Jim Brady is responsible for the passing of the Brady Bill?
Ah... now its "passing". before that it was "initiating". Way to move the goalpost.
Doesnt change the fact that you;re ignorant, that you lied, or both.

Just so you know... HCI had the idea of a background check/waiting perioid prior to Brady being shot. James Brady didn't initiate the bill in any way shape or form.

And, as noted, this is all a red herring, as the issue isnt 'Republicans' or "Democrats" pushing gun contriol -- and so, any reference you make to a Republican pushing gun controil is meaningless.

Ducking already?
There's no need to duck

Its not just those nasty liberals is it? How many Republicans voted for the Brady Bill?

Your knowledge of the Brady Law is astonishingly poor. James Brady was the poster child for the law trotted out by Sarah (his wife) to further her goals. She became an ardent anti gunner after her husband was shot. Charles Schumer however is the individual who introduced the bill to the Senate and it was Bill Clinton who signed it into law, and the last time I checked they are Democrats, or did I miss a conversion in there somewhere?

Your knowledge of the Brady Law is astonishingly poor. James Brady was the poster child for the law trotted out by Sarah (his wife) to further her goals. She became an ardent anti gunner after her husband was shot. Charles Schumer however is the individual who introduced the bill to the Senate and it was Bill Clinton who signed it into law, and the last time I checked they are Democrats, or did I miss a conversion in there somewhere?
RW has offered a red herring in an attepmpt to move the conversation away from liberals by trying to argue that Republicans pushed gun control.

He's done this to avoing having to try to explain why liberals have given up on trying to push any major legislation regarding guns.

Last edited:
There's no need to duck

Are you implying that Reagan Press Secretary Brady was just a tool and din't know his name was being used on a gun control bill? The man who took a bullet for Ron Reagan?

Have you no decency man?

Revisionist history at its finest

Are you implying that Reagan Press Secretary Brady was just a tool and din't know his name was being used on a gun control bill? The man who took a bullet for Ron Reagan?
It doesn't matter how long you push this red herring -- it's still red and it's still a herring.

How about you, instead, discuss the issue actually at hand and explain why liberals have given up on trying to push any major legislation regarding guns.

Forum List

Back