What happened to honor, integrity, manners in people and politics?

Here's a fact for you.

Our current President has absolutely taken the high road and attempted to keep the conversation elevated while in office. He has done so in the face of historic levels f opposition and disrespect for the office that he holds.

I'm guessing some of you see it differently.

Personal responsibility, folks. Try some.

He has chosen his roads cleverly, and he's made remarks when they suit his purpose that are far from elevated. I don't see how he's any more opposed and disrespected than Bush.

Then you don't see well. I cannot help that.

September 12, 2001. That man had the entire country behind him. Including me. He didn't really earn that...but he had it. He could have kept it. It was his to lose.....and he did.

obama helped divide the entire country
he has devoured his respect
fuck that shit

Here's a fact for you.

Our current President has absolutely taken the high road and attempted to keep the conversation elevated while in office. He has done so in the face of historic levels f opposition and disrespect for the office that he holds.

He has chosen his roads cleverly, and he's made remarks when they suit his purpose that are far from elevated. I don't see how he's any more opposed and disrespected than Bush.

September 12, 2001. That man had the entire country behind him. Including me. He didn't really earn that...but he had it. He could have kept it. It was his to lose.....and he did.

So what...Bush was despised by many on both sides of the aisle by the time he left office. Stop pretending otherwise just because you want to have a fucking pity party for Obama.:D

So what...Bush was despised by many on both sides of the aisle by the time he left office. Stop pretending otherwise just because you want to have a fucking pity party for Obama.:D

Do you honestly not see a difference? I do.

If our "conservative" USMB members were to be honest, they would admit to never....not even for a moment.....respecting Barack Obama. They would admit to rooting for the nation to fail. The would admit to cheering when there is bad news....and to not recognizing good news. They would admit to rewarding any public servant or media figure who exhibited open disrespect for the man.

This is so clear to those of us who live outside the bubble.....that we seriously doubt the sanity of those inside it. You really will not own up to it.

Here's a fact for you.

No American has shown more disrespect for the office than the person currently occupying it. He is an embarrassment to this country.

Do you honestly not see a difference? I do.

If our "conservative" USMB members were to be honest, they would admit to never....not even for a moment.....respecting Barack Obama. They would admit to rooting for the nation to fail. The would admit to cheering when there is bad news....and to not recognizing good news. They would admit to rewarding any public servant or media figure who exhibited open disrespect for the man.

This is so clear to those of us who live outside the bubble.....that we seriously doubt the sanity of those inside it. You really will not own up to it.

Never is a mighty long time, chief. Seriously, you can't hold much credibility with that sort of attitude. I respect Obama as a husband and father, and I've never doubted his love for the country...I just don't agree with his political agenda and the route he is taking the nation. Some of you liberals have such a persecution complex that it's pitiful and a bit amusing at the same time.

Here's a fact for you.

I can't see where he's taken the high road when he called American (republicans) terrorists, hostage takers; sued his own states (Arizona), refused to enforce the laws of America (immigration, voting rights when they apply to whites...Eric Holder, Black Panthers)...and caused more divisiveness in terms of racism in America than before he was president.

He said he was going to be the most transparent president and was the most secretive president and caused more scandals than any other president in recent history.

I see what was a thoughtful OP has turned into the good ole' finger pointing by both sides of the aisle,,again. The truth of the matter is that both sides are guilty and innocent. Why can't each side get familiar with the term "personal responsibility" and accept that their side isn't pristine and innocent. Facts just plain don't back that up.
Also, is it possible to ever have a thread that is not meant to flame and it stays that way with intelligent thoughtful posts?
I'm sure glad America isn't as polarized as this board.
Thanks for your time.

I see what was a thoughtful OP has turned into the good ole' finger pointing by both sides of the aisle,,again. The truth of the matter is that both sides are guilty and innocent. Why can't each side get familiar with the term "personal responsibility" and accept that their side isn't pristine and innocent. Facts just plain don't back that up.
Also, is it possible to ever have a thread that is not meant to flame and it stays that way with intelligent thoughtful posts?
Thanks for your time.

Take a look at the posting history of the OP. This thread is not consistent with the dude's contribution here.

Stating facts is not finger pointing.

You've posed a question that is most difficult to answer.

It is true that much of our past is shaded in memories that filter out the unwelcome.

It is also true that we have daily indoctrination today that tells us competition is uncivil and that equality in all respect is humane and socially acceptable.

How can people respect others when they have been taught not to respect themselves?

Thanks for your time.

Take a look at the posting history of the OP. This thread is not consistent with the dude's contribution here.

The dude is a fiscal conservative and still wants a person with integrity, honesty and manners to represent the people. Is that not allowed? Wouldn't a liberal want the same?

Thanks for your time.

The dude is a fiscal conservative and still wants a person with integrity, honesty and manners to represent the people. Is that not allowed? Wouldn't a liberal want the same?

You have that now.

You've posed a question that is most difficult to answer.

It is true that much of our past is shaded in memories that filter out the unwelcome.

It is also true that we have daily indoctrination today that tells us competition is uncivil and that equality in all respect is humane and socially acceptable.

How can people respect others when they have been taught not to respect themselves?

It is like people no longer understand that honor and integrity are both gifts you give yourself.
In most cases they have nothing to do with what anyone else does or thinks about it.

Do you remember reading about people in history when individuals had honor, manners, integrity, honesty?

Children were heard saying "Yes, ma'am, No, sir." and "Thank you," was heard several times a day?

Have you ever read a letter from a soldier from the civil war to his wife and how he longed to hold her hand, take the long walks how he talks of being with her again?

The men that served our country in congress and the presidency were true Statesmen sacrificing their time and self interests for the interests of the country. Most of the men who signed the Declaration of Independence lost their homes, sometimes wives for their efforts. Early congressmen were poorly paid, presidents came home not millionaires, congressmen were not making money from lobbyists, didn't have money in freezers. Many should be behind bars.

Congressmen now fly around the world on the gov't dime, come out millionaires, have affairs, where's the statesmen? Is it possible to get any real statesmen in our Congress or presidency again?

"The men that served our country in congress and the presidency were true Statesmen" You say. Who were these people? It sure wasn't reagan who facilitated arms sales to Iran but couldn't recall anything and dont forget all the felons in his administration. Nixon, not with watergate on his resume. Harding, never mind. Hoover? maybe honest, who knows but he crashed the economy. The one in the 30's. bush crashed the economy in '08. Grant? nope another scandal ridden republican administration. Can't seem to find any honorable republicans. (Those weapons of mass destruction must be somewhere).

Last edited:
Politics has become a career for hacks that couldn't cut it anywhere else in the business world. Just look at our president. Need to have term limits of 3 terms for Congressmen, 3 cut the Senator term to 4 years and limit it to 2 terms. President at 2 terms is right.

obama helped divide the entire country
he has devoured his respect
fuck that shit

He maintained enough popularity to win the white house again in spite of the roadblocks repubs put in front of him. He's divided republicans from what I can see. The tea baggers vs regular republicans.

Here's a fact for you.

Benghazi, Fast and Furious, sticking the IRS on conservatives, accusing Romney of killing some guys wife, all the racial rhetoric, etc.......Gotta love the liberal definition of the "high road"...... :thup:

Here's a fact for you.

Benghazi, Fast and Furious, sticking the IRS on conservatives, accusing Romney of killing some guys wife, all the racial rhetoric, etc.......Gotta love the liberal definition of the "high road"...... :thup:

Nice list. Where'd ya get it?

Here's a fact for you.

Nice list. Where'd ya get it?

A much more reliable source than where you got your list of events/issues Obama has taken the high road on.....

Forum List

Back