What happened to $6.2 billion the government recently lost?

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
The FBI said they don't know what happened to the $6.2 billion.

The CIA said they don't know what happened to the $6.2 billion.

The Pentagon said they don't know what happened to the $6.2 billion.

The White House said they don't know what happened to the $6.2 billion.

The conspiracy theorists are suggesting it went to Putin with of course a 10% cut for the 'big guy.'

Apparently the mystery is now solved. Our government over estimated the value of the stuff they sent to the Ukraine. Now I don't know how ya'll feel about it, but seems to me the $6.2 billion is one hell of an over estimate?

The conspiracy theorists are suggesting it went to Putin with of course a 10% cut for the 'big guy.'

Apparently the mystery is now solved. Our government over estimated the value of the stuff they sent to the Ukraine. Now I don't know how ya'll feel about it, but seems to me the $6.2 billion is one hell of an over estimate?

Nope. It all went to the DoD. Here is how they are doing it: Congress Allocates $x dollars; the pentagon decides this old armor from the 1970's it doesn't use anymore is worth 1/1000th $X dollars and scraps together 500 of these things and sends over and pockets $1/2X. 2 years later they decide that they were really only worth 1/2000th of $X Dollars so now the Pentagon comes up with 500 more of these things to offset the money it already spent on something else and Biden gets to claim that he is sending $1/2X dollars worth of additional aid.

In short, the money went to the DoD from the very beginning. It was just a matter of how they make it look on the books as we ship them a whole bunch of last gen equipment. The only real new money being spent is on mortars and such that we have to buy. the DoD then gets the lion's share off-budget to spend on whatever it is they decide they want to funnel money to. US Aid seldom comes in the form of cash to the intended beneficiary.

When were the FBI, and CIA questioned about this $6.2 Billion loss? Did you pull that from the ever-proverbial trumptard butt?

To the DOD credit, they fessed up to the accounting mistake (internal audit) and are making the claim that this eliminates the administration’s need to ask Congress for more money next year.

So, did you make this BS up about the FBI & CIA being questioned? Or, do you have proof? If so, let's see it. I doubt you will provide since you are a trumptard but hey, surprise me. Go.

When were the FBI, and CIA questioned about this $6.2 Billion loss? Did you pull that from the ever-proverbial trumptard butt?

To the DOD credit, they fessed up to the accounting mistake (internal audit) and are making the claim that this eliminates the administration’s need to ask Congress for more money next year.

So, did you make this BS up about the FBI & CIA being questioned? Or, do you have proof? If so, let's see it. I doubt you will provide since you are a trumptard but hey, surprise me. Go.
Some posts just aren't reasonable enough to merit a response. Do have a lovely evening Magnus.

Some posts just aren't reasonable enough to merit a response. Do have a lovely evening Magnus.
Thanks but In other words, you got nothing? Pulled it out of your butt? Yup. Thought so.

Retards like you are always shameless liars. Can never back up their statements. So, you didn't disappoint. :itsok:

Nope. It all went to the DoD. Here is how they are doing it: Congress Allocates $x dollars; the pentagon decides this old armor from the 1970's it doesn't use anymore is worth 1/1000th $X dollars and scraps together 500 of these things and sends over and pockets $1/2X. 2 years later they decide that they were really only worth 1/2000th of $X Dollars so now the Pentagon comes up with 500 more of these things to offset the money it already spent on something else and Biden gets to claim that he is sending $1/2X dollars worth of additional aid.

In short, the money went to the DoD from the very beginning. It was just a matter of how they make it look on the books as we ship them a whole bunch of last gen equipment. The only real new money being spent is on mortars and such that we have to buy. the DoD then gets the lion's share off-budget to spend on whatever it is they decide they want to funnel money to. US Aid seldom comes in the form of cash to the intended beneficiary.
LOL. Actually that's the most coherent explanation anybody has come up with yet. :)

Basically correct. The DOD "expensed" the book value of the old equipment it sent to Ukraine. Taking it off the books.
The problem was that the DOD paid the "new" price for the equipment instead of the current "book value" after "depreciation".
That $6.2b the DOD "found" gets to buy more stuff. Or, it gets lost in the system somewhere. That is for the DOD auditors to find out.

Basically correct. The DOD "expensed" the book value of the old equipment it sent to Ukraine. Taking it off the books.
The problem was that the DOD paid the "new" price for the equipment instead of the current "book value" after "depreciation".
That $6.2b the DOD "found" gets to buy more stuff. Or, it gets lost in the system somewhere. That is for the DOD auditors to find out.
If all that is true it certainly solves the mystery of the origin of the phrase;
"Close enough for government work"

Forum List

Back