What government programs have you benefited from?

Oh, what would we all do without Medcare/Medicaid, Social Security, food stamps, WIC, FEMA, gubmint schools, corporate subsidies, farm subsidies, workman's comp, NASA, FAA, FDA, DEA, BATF, NPR, PBS, and gubmint cheez?!?!? :rolleyes:

Just shoot me now!
Be glad to oblige but the gubmint won't let me. :lol:

They don't have a program for that. Sorry!

oh yeah, and if your parents don't have to live with you after they retire, you can thank social security and medicaid for their autonomy...and your privacy.

sorry but they don't get enough money from those two programs to actually live on.....

I recall one or two libertarians...or conservatives (one won't admit to being either one) admitting they took government subsidized student loans, admitting they got back more tax money than they paid in, admitted that as kids they lived off of disability social security from a parents death, admitted they got free lunch because they qualified for it...and various other benefits and it got me wondering.

Here's my list, as far as I recall.

6 years of public school.
Clean water.
Uncontaminated food.
4 years publicly funded school buses.
Military protection.
Clear roads.
$250 from FEMA for hurricane damage.
Federally underwritten flood insurance.
4 years of publicly funded school for each of two kids.
1 year of bus services for 1 kid.
Scholarship for 1 kid underwritten by the state.

:eusa_eh:

Where did this entity that you call 'government' get the money to pay for all these things ?

I recall one or two libertarians...or conservatives (one won't admit to being either one) admitting they took government subsidized student loans, admitting they got back more tax money than they paid in, admitted that as kids they lived off of disability social security from a parents death, admitted they got free lunch because they qualified for it...and various other benefits and it got me wondering.

Clean water.
Uncontaminated food.
Military protection.
Clear roads.

Where did this entity that you call 'government' get the money to pay for all these things ?

they printed it.....and siezed private property....

oh yeah, and if your parents don't have to live with you after they retire, you can thank social security and medicaid for their autonomy...and your privacy.

Or they could have been allowed to keep their money themselves and saved it to live off of later.

Clean water.
Uncontaminated food.
Military protection.
Clear roads.

Even printed more than the private property they siezed was worth.

There you have it....Big Daddy Big Gubmint honoring your mother and father, so you don't have to. :rolleyes:

Do you how much it cost to take care of a parent who is not healthy or has something like dementia?

Actually, it's even worse than that.

The money they print ends up stealing the wealth of those who're the least financially able to absorb that loss.

Well according to Ravi and others we would be far worse off if we were forced to manage our own assets. Just think of how bad things would be if every person in the United States was in debt MORE than $45,000.

There you have it....Big Daddy Big Gubmint honoring your mother and father, so you don't have to. :rolleyes:

Do you how much it cost to take care of a parent who is not healthy or has something like dementia?
How much did it cost them to raise, feed, clothe and educate you through childhood?

How much more easily could you meet such a challenge, if 15+% of your and your siblings' gross income wasn't expropriated for the OASI Ponzi scheme?

Actually, it's even worse than that.

The money they print ends up stealing the wealth of those who're the least financially able to absorb that loss.

Well according to Ravi and others we would be far worse off if we were forced to manage our own assets. Just think of how bad things would be if every person in the United States was in debt MORE than $45,000.

imagine if they had taken our future taxes and instead of giving 14 trillion to the banks and the uaw they cut a check directly to every us citizen.....i think it would have been something like 25k per person....

How much did it cost them to raise, feed, clothe and educate you through childhood?

How much more easily could you meet such a challenge, if 15+% of your and your siblings' gross income wasn't expropriated for the OASI Ponzi scheme?

Like I said, do you know how much it costs to take care of your parents if they have a disease, like say dementia? What if they have to be put in nursing home because it gets too bad?Then there is the early stages where they might have to be put in a mental hospital because they are a danger to themself and the people around them.
And who do you think provides most of the funding for medical research, research that could cure diseases like dementia?

Are you assuming that a private water company would sell you dirty water?

We already know that prior to the EPA (and even after in certain instances -- hence the Super Fund) corporations don;t care what they do to our groundwater and air... UNLESS government makes sure they fly right.

We also know airlines are required to inspect and repair their planes in accordance with government safety.

If you work in a place where you're not sucking in asbestos, it's because government controls that.

If you eat untainted food, it's because of the FDA...if your pharmaceuticals are safe, it's because of the FDA... if one owner doesn't control all media in your market, it's because government makes sure that there aren't monopolies on information.

if your milk is priced in accordance with market forces and not because of a deal made by a bunch of corporations to price gauge, it's because of federal anti-trust laws.

If you had a government backed student loan like i did.

If you went to a State University like I did, it got help from government.

If you had a disaster happen where you live, like we did here on 9.11, you benefitted from FEMA.

If you have ever driven from NY to California or Maine to Florida or any other configuration, you rode on goverment roads.

If you rode on mass transit, it came from government.

If you were educated in public schools, it came from government.

If you ever worked for a company that had a government contract, you benefitted from our govt.

If you ever worked for the goverment...well, that goes without saying.

If you ever had to sue someone in court, you benefitted from government.

If you have taken a plane at any time since 2001, you have benefitted from the TSA and DHS.

If you live someplace, like I do, where they thwarted a terrorist attack, then you benefitted from government.

And no, the taxes they take from me wouldn't have covered all of that.

:clap2:

yes...you could have paid for that yourself

Not to mention government funded R&D, your cell phone, tv and radio, GPS, weather satellites, jails and prisons,

Like I said, do you know how much it costs to take care of your parents if they have a disease, like say dementia? What if they have to be put in nursing home because it gets too bad?Then there is the early stages where they might have to be put in a mental hospital because they are a danger to themself and the people around them.
And who do you think provides most of the funding for medical research, research that could cure diseases like dementia?

taxpayers

taxpayers

And you have a problem funding research that may cure a disease you might get one day?

I know quite well, as my grandmother had that very problem.

All the siblings and grandchildren could've easily footed the bill and had a nice chunk of change left over, had we the 15+% of our incomes to dispose of as we saw fit.

Your scenario amounts to gubmint breaking your leg, then handing you a crutch, then patting you on the back in condescension about how lucky you are to have them around to "help" you.

taxpayers

And you have a problem funding research that may cure a disease you might get one day?

and you're convinced that the government knows how best to fund research ?

Forum List

Back