What GOP candidate has probably more honorary doctorate degrees then all the presidential candidates

He's obviously a very bright guy. I wouldn't vote for him. I believe he's too inexperienced in politics, but he does have time to brush up on it. Maybe give it another go in 2020. :thup:

He's obviously a very bright guy. I wouldn't vote for him. I believe he's too inexperienced in politics, but he does have time to brush up on it. Maybe give it another go in 2020. :thup:

Did you vote for this guy who had these experiences?

1975 or 1976 - ice cream scooper, Baskin-Robbins - Honolulu - Obama claims to have lost his taste for ice cream during this, his first job, the duration of which is not publicly known.

Date unknown - deli counter clerk, business name unknown - Honolulu - Obama had a summer job at a deli counter in Hawaii, making sandwiches, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1980 - gift shop sales clerk, business name unknown - Honolulu - Obama worked at a gift shop in Hawaii selling island souvenirs the summer after his freshman year at Occidental College in California.

Sometime between 1981-1983 - construction worker, business name unknown - New York - Obama cleared a construction site for a summer on Manhattan's Upper West Side while attending Columbia University, the Associated Press reported. Obama referred to this job in Dreams From My Father .

Sometime between 1981-1983 - position unknown, company unknown - New York - During his years at Columbia University, Obama worked one summer for a private company processing health records of either police or firefighters, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

Sometime between 1981-1983 - telemarketer, company unknown - New York - During one school year at Columbia, Obama was a telemarketer in midtown Manhattan selling New York Times subscriptions over the phone, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1983-84 - research assistant, Business International Corporation - New York - At this firm that helped American companies do business abroad, Obama was a researcher and writer for a reference service called Financing Foreign Operations; among his duties was writing a newsletter called Business International Money Report.

1985 - project coordinator, New York Public Interest Research Group - New York - Obama mobilized student volunteers at City College in Harlem for NYPIRG, a nonprofit organization that promotes consumer, environmental and government reform. He promoted activism around issues such as mass transit, higher education, tuition, financial aid and recycling.

1985-1988 - community organizer, Developing Communities Project - Chicago - Obama advocated for asbestos removal, job training and public-works services at this community organization on Chicago's South Side.

1988 - research assistant, Lawrence Tribe - student assistant to this Harvard Law School professor and renowned constitutional scholar.

1989 - summer associate, Hopkins & Sutter - Obama held this job the summer between his first and second years of law school.

1990 - summer associate, Sidley & Austin - After his second year of law school Obama was a summer associate for one of the world's oldest and largest law firms, where he met Michelle Robinson, his future wife.

1990-1991 - president, Harvard Law Review - Obama was the first African-American to hold this prestigious position.

1991-1992 - executive director, Project Vote - Ran a campaign that registered nearly 150,000 black voters for the 1992 elections.

1993-2004 - associate and partner (starting 1996), Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland - Chicago - defended clients ranging from landlords to a securities trader, and handled employment-discrimination and voting-rights cases at this Chicago law firm.

1993-2004 - part-time lecturer, University of Chicago Law School - Chicago - lectured on constitutional law.

1995 - author, Times Books - published memoir, Dreams From My Father.

1997-2004 - state senator, Illinois - senator from Illinois' 13th District on Chicago's South Side.

2005-2008 - U.S. Senator - represented Illinois in the U.S. Senate.

2006 -- Author, Random House - published The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.

Did you vote for this guy who had these experiences?

1975 or 1976 - ice cream scooper, Baskin-Robbins - Honolulu - Obama claims to have lost his taste for ice cream during this, his first job, the duration of which is not publicly known.

Date unknown - deli counter clerk, business name unknown - Honolulu - Obama had a summer job at a deli counter in Hawaii, making sandwiches, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1980 - gift shop sales clerk, business name unknown - Honolulu - Obama worked at a gift shop in Hawaii selling island souvenirs the summer after his freshman year at Occidental College in California.

Sometime between 1981-1983 - construction worker, business name unknown - New York - Obama cleared a construction site for a summer on Manhattan's Upper West Side while attending Columbia University, the Associated Press reported. Obama referred to this job in Dreams From My Father .

Sometime between 1981-1983 - position unknown, company unknown - New York - During his years at Columbia University, Obama worked one summer for a private company processing health records of either police or firefighters, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

Sometime between 1981-1983 - telemarketer, company unknown - New York - During one school year at Columbia, Obama was a telemarketer in midtown Manhattan selling New York Times subscriptions over the phone, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1983-84 - research assistant, Business International Corporation - New York - At this firm that helped American companies do business abroad, Obama was a researcher and writer for a reference service called Financing Foreign Operations; among his duties was writing a newsletter called Business International Money Report.

1985 - project coordinator, New York Public Interest Research Group - New York - Obama mobilized student volunteers at City College in Harlem for NYPIRG, a nonprofit organization that promotes consumer, environmental and government reform. He promoted activism around issues such as mass transit, higher education, tuition, financial aid and recycling.

1985-1988 - community organizer, Developing Communities Project - Chicago - Obama advocated for asbestos removal, job training and public-works services at this community organization on Chicago's South Side.

1988 - research assistant, Lawrence Tribe - student assistant to this Harvard Law School professor and renowned constitutional scholar.

1989 - summer associate, Hopkins & Sutter - Obama held this job the summer between his first and second years of law school.

1990 - summer associate, Sidley & Austin - After his second year of law school Obama was a summer associate for one of the world's oldest and largest law firms, where he met Michelle Robinson, his future wife.

1990-1991 - president, Harvard Law Review - Obama was the first African-American to hold this prestigious position.

1991-1992 - executive director, Project Vote - Ran a campaign that registered nearly 150,000 black voters for the 1992 elections.

1993-2004 - associate and partner (starting 1996), Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland - Chicago - defended clients ranging from landlords to a securities trader, and handled employment-discrimination and voting-rights cases at this Chicago law firm.

1993-2004 - part-time lecturer, University of Chicago Law School - Chicago - lectured on constitutional law.

1995 - author, Times Books - published memoir, Dreams From My Father.

1997-2004 - state senator, Illinois - senator from Illinois' 13th District on Chicago's South Side.

2005-2008 - U.S. Senator - represented Illinois in the U.S. Senate.

2006 -- Author, Random House - published The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.

Nope. I supported Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012. I did predict that Obama would be our next president when I saw him at the 2004 DNC though.

Forum List

Back