What does this primary cycle say about Citizens United?

This isn't new. Look back at the 2010 Gubernatorial Election in California. Meg Whitman spent enough money to buy every Californian a car and Jerry Brown barely spent enough to buy a condo in Alameda. Jerry won handily.

CU is actually hurting the GOP right now. You'd have a much smaller field of candidates if not for folks like Sheldon Adelson propping up their flavor of the month.

And the Obama stimulus would have helped all those that got under water with their mortgages out of trouble!

But if not for this ruling the far left would not have access to the unions money!

You have no idea what the Citizens United ruling was about do you?

He really has no clue in general, the guys an echo of RW Propaganda.

And the irony impairment far left drone does it again!

They honestly believe that unions are not tax exempt corporations..

Supreme Court Gives Corporations, Unions Power to Spend Unlimited Sums on Political Messaging

:lol: You seem to think the unions couldn't give money before, moron. "But if not for this ruling the far left would not have access to the unions money"

Let me ask you something, OshKoshB'gosh, do you like the CU ruling? Do you like the idea of unlimited, anonymous spending in political campaigns?

Never did he "seem to think", thinking is not a capacity he has ever shown to have.

And the Obama stimulus would have helped all those that got under water with their mortgages out of trouble!

But if not for this ruling the far left would not have access to the unions money!

Supreme Court Gives Corporations, Unions Power to Spend Unlimited Sums on Political Messaging

:lol: You seem to think the unions couldn't give money before, moron. "But if not for this ruling the far left would not have access to the unions money"

Let me ask you something, OshKoshB'gosh, do you like the CU ruling? Do you like the idea of unlimited, anonymous spending in political campaigns?

Never did he "seem to think", thinking is not a capacity he has ever shown to have.

See how the far left will not accept the truth and reality, they will only believe in their religious dogma..

This is also proof that the far left drones do not understand the Constitution!

See how the far left will not accept the truth and reality, they will only believe in their religious dogma..

Stop posting the same thing over and over, the thread is about money in politics. You have posted nothing of substance and not one comment that what you post defines reality.

Stop posting the same thing over and over, the thread is about money in politics. You have posted nothing of substance and not one comment that what you post defines reality.

See how the irony impaired far left says this has nothing to do with money in politics yet the thread is about citizen united!

You really can not make this stuff up!

The far left gets owned with actual facts and this is how they act, it is a perfect example of the far left !

It doesn't seem money is buying much by way of influence with voters.

A fluke...or the new reality of the internet age?

Discuss...
Yeah, great question.

I suspect they've finally learned that traditional advertising is no longer effective (Jeb? Hello?). Seems to me they might start pouring money into more organizational/infrastructure stuff, including a shitload of social media types.
precisely Mac

They ain't no dummies and they will infiltrate the internet, put writers in places we frequent for politics, infiltrate it all....

Discuss...
Yeah, great question.

I suspect they've finally learned that traditional advertising is no longer effective (Jeb? Hello?). Seems to me they might start pouring money into more organizational/infrastructure stuff, including a shitload of social media types.
precisely Mac

They ain't no dummies and they will infiltrate the internet, put writers in places we frequent for politics, infiltrate it all....
Yup, and it'll be interesting to see how resources change to the "ground game" stuff too.

The best news is that maybe we'll be sitting through fewer ADS.

:rolleyes-41:

Mac1958 Your statement "Seems to me they might start pouring money into more organizational/infrastructure stuff..." has been in the news for months now. Maybe like many of the candidates you mistake what you think you know for reality?
Ah, so they're way ahead of me.

Well, I wasn't exactly in front on that one.

Why are you so upset about this?
Upset? Is this a projection? Can I safely assume when you catch an untruth or bullshitter you are upset when you respond? Can you consider any other motive, emotion, angle I would be coming from? I suspect like Trump with the videos and Hillary with the airport danger, you are misremembering things you may have already read or heard

I suspect like Trum
What in the world are you talking about?

Are you drunk?
Why do you ass-ume people are mad or angry or upset when they post? Reflections?

Discuss...
Yeah, great question.

precisely Mac

Yup, and it'll be interesting to see how resources change to the "ground game" stuff too.

The best news is that maybe we'll be sitting through fewer ADS.

:rolleyes-41:
deram on...

wait

Mac1958 Your statement "Seems to me they might start pouring money into more organizational/infrastructure stuff..." has been in the news for months now. Maybe like many of the candidates you mistake what you think you know for reality?

Upset? Is this a projection? Can I safely assume when you catch an untruth or bullshitter you are upset when you respond? Can you consider any other motive, emotion, angle I would be coming from? I suspect like Trump with the videos and Hillary with the airport danger, you are misremembering things you may have already read or heard

I suspect like Trum

Are you drunk?
Why do you ass-ume people are mad or angry or upset when they post? Reflections?
By the words they use.

If you have a point, whatever the hell it is, make it.

I made a simple, civil observation and you went full drama queen.

Wry Catcher
CU and McCutcheon have their greatest influence on members of Congress and State Legislators.

Spending lots of money on POTUS candidates is wasteful, the bulk of the money will be spent once each party has adopted a standard bearer.

It's then that the bulk of the money is spent, mostly by Super PACS and mostly on negative campaigns and character assassination.
???

Adopted a standard bearer? You mean adopt a POTUS candidate out of the primary field? The chosen candidate coming out of any convention is still a POTUS candidate, no?

Do you have any links that evidence this "CU and McCutcheon have their greatest influence on members of Congress and State Legislators."???

The Standard Bearer is the one the party selects to run for POTUS. Last time it was Obama and Romney.

I don't have links to prove CU and McCutcheon have a greater influence on the Congress and St. law makers other than Empirical Evidence.

Congress and CA St. Law Makers vote almost 100% along the party line, few members of the Republican Caucus will ever vote to increase a tax or support gun control.

In the latter instance the two members of the Colorado Legislature who supported a gun control bill were defeated in the following primary races by candidates who highlighted their support of gun control. Money from the NRA and its members had a direct influence on that defeat.
"Standard bearer' is a term used for the leader of the party. During a presidential election season, it is the candidate who wins the primary and is nominated during a convention as the Standard bearer, the party candidate.

But my comments went to the confusion in your post where you referred to POTUS candidates during the primary becoming the Standard bearer after the convention, as if the Standard bearer is no longer a POTUS candidate:

"Spending lots of money on POTUS candidates is wasteful, the bulk of the money will be spent once each party has adopted a standard bearer." - :eusa_eh:

I suspect like Trum

Are you drunk?
By the words they use.

If you have a point, whatever the hell it is, make it.

I made a simple, civil observation and you went full drama queen.
Mac1958
So, you can mysteriously see how people are emoting or reacting by their printed words alone? Does the CIA know about this?

peach174
Money has no influence when the majority of the people are well informed about the issues.
:cuckoo:

No? No influence?

gawd, the intellectual standards at usmb have fallen even lower than anyone could have predicted

Scott Walker was the proof.
Rockefeller and other wealthy folks have tried to buy the White House, but to say their money had no influence because they lost is ridiculous and ignorant

As long as we allow corporations to donate and get involved in political parties, they will have an influence....not so much on Presidents, but certainly on the law makers.

We still need to go back to where our founders and earlier Father's felt and thought of corporations, and it was ILLEGAL for corporations to get involved in any of the political process through the 1800's, why we let that change is beyond reason.

How can you say "money isn't buying influence with voters" when politicil spending is the highest in history? The dirty little secret is that TV spots do work as well for selling ideas and agendas as they do for selling deodorant.

As long as we allow corporations to donate and get involved in political parties, they will have an influence....not so much on Presidents, but certainly on the law makers.

We still need to go back to where our founders and earlier Father's felt and thought of corporations, and it was ILLEGAL for corporations to get involved in any of the political process through the 1800's, why we let that change is beyond reason.
I agree except you lose me when you appeal to the American colonists. Going back to a world we would not recognize? They could not have imagined what our world today is like, so how could they have a position on things now?

Forum List

Back