what does the symbol of a bell beside a thread mean?

The thread about the igno function here also has this bell symbol

Yes, exactly!

It's a "lock" not a "bell." It means the thread is locked and there will be no further replies.

Though I think it looks more like a purse...

Unless you mean the symbol that looks like a thumbtack, in which case it means the thread is "pinned" so it is always at the top of the list...

If it has both, that means it's "pinned" and "locked."

It's a "lock" not a "bell." It means the thread is locked and there will be no further replies.

Though I think it looks more like a purse...
No no ….. it is not a lock …. It is a bel

and that thread is not locked

Yep, you have "clicked" on the "Watch" button on the top of the thread. It sets a "bell" next to the thread so you know you wanted to watch that thread...

Apparently it only works if you know/remember that you "clicked" it...

Hover over it and it will say "thread watched"

The "bell" icon appears on a thread that you have participated in

Ma
Yep, you have "clicked" on the "Watch" button on the top of the thread. It sets a "bell" next to the thread so you know you wanted to watch that thread...

Apparently it only works if you know/remember that you "clicked" it...
May be

I only get a bell whenever I get notifications for post responses or likes or brilliants or whatever. Mostly brilliants though, because, well...you know...:26:

Screen Shot 21.jpg

So there's a bell icon for your notification count.

When you don't have any notifications, or if you click on it, the alert counter goes away but the bell is still displayed there, except without an alert count...

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Perhaps it depends on what theme/skin you're using as to whether it displays or as a bell icon or not.

Different themes/skins are configured to function differently by default.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back