What does taking the knee mean to members here?

p kirkes

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2006
NW Louisiana
To me taking the knee at sports events in lieu of standing for the national anthem is a sign of protest of how some people are treated by authorities and not a lack of patriotism or disrespect of the flag or military. Is that accurate?

My personal view is that it's an inappropriate venue. There are other ways to protest current conditions or espouse your view point that won't be misinterpreted.

Last edited:
LE killings yet ignoring their own crime against themselves made by themselves.

Historically taking the knee was a declaration of subservience. That's what makes it distressing to see Americans on their knees for any reason. Subjects knelt before royalty. Slaves knelt before masters. In the movie Cleopatra the Queen commanded Antony "On your knees". Why? She was his better and he was no Caesar.

The purported reason is to protest the police enforcing the law. This is nothing new. Black people have been protesting the police enforcing the law for years.

Professional athletes that make huge sums of $$$ via their living in the United States and our freedoms defended by the fallen (I stand because fallen vets cannot.) then fuck these pampered assholes.

To me taking the knee at sports events in lieu of standing for the national anthem is a sign of protest of how some people are treated by authorities and not a lack of patriotism or disrespect of the flag or military. Is that accurate?

My personal view is that it's an inappropriate venue. There are other ways to protest current conditions or espouse your view point that won't be misinterpreted.

To most fans, it appears to be a sign of disrespect for the country.

It is an enormously stupid thing to do, given that they are pissing off the customers that pay their salaries.

It is an enormously stupid thing to do, given that they are pissing off the customers that pay their salaries.
Don't often agree with Toro...but right on this one.

My personal opinion I think very few of these players are protesting anything I think most but not all are doing it because it's the trending thing of the moment and it increases their social media status.

supporting criminals that are justifiably shot in self defense
some are lifetime criminals
there is no chronic police brutality
but there is chronic crime committed by blacks way out of proportion to their population

like when the Rams put their hands up--they were supporting MBrown
and the NFL is ok with that? !?

Maybe a white player should stand in front of a one of those kneelers and put his hand one his head and say thank you. That would end this shit.

If my sister were at an NFL game and saw someone taking a knee she'd rush out of her seat and pummel the motherfucker

Don't often agree with Toro...but right on this one.

Politics and sports don't mix.

If they want to crusade for some cause outside of sports, fine. That's their business.

But not on the field.

People spend a lot of money to watch games. They don't want to be insulted.

It makes me nostalgic for 1993, when I saw the beautiful, hand-on-heart, hypnotic rendition of the national anthem by half the Grateful Dead (lead guitarist, rhythm guitarist, piano-player) at an SF Giants baseball game. And the Giants won, as if I had to tell ya!

It's what happens to a woman when there isn't a Planned Parenthood nearby.

I think I misunderstood the thread title.

wrc52.jpg

Forum List

Back