What does "Supporting the Troops" mean?

Cindy Sheehan's son died because Bush was so cavelier about soldiers lives, that he put them in harms way over a bunch of fictional bullshit. Her son died, defending lies!

I support the troops by only wanting them to be used as a last resort when there are no other options on the table. That's what this country owes them. And that's what this country has failed to deliver.

Cindy Sheehan's son VOLUNTEERED. This is what HE wanted to do. It's too bad he died, but he knew what could happen and he went. My son volunteered right after the war started, he's training in PSY OPS right now....and he said if anything happened to him he would NEVER want me to do what she did! You cannot blame anyone when her son made this decision himself and was not forced (drafted). Bush didn't take him by the arm with a gun to his head and send him over there!

Iraq_instead.jpg

Ya....Sheehan's son AND my son enlisted AFTER the Iraq war broke out....KNOWING they would be going to Iraq. So what's your point? My son has been there 3 times...and will probably going to someplace in Africa this year. Do i like it? No....but if something happens to him i will not put the blame on anyone, it was HIS CHOICE. You people are all about choice...right?

. Do i like it? No....but if something happens to him i will not put the blame on anyone, it was HIS CHOICE. You people are all about choice...right?

If you don't like than vote for someone that will end our senseless involvements in the affairs of other countries.

Cindy Sheehan's son VOLUNTEERED. This is what HE wanted to do. It's too bad he died, but he knew what could happen and he went. My son volunteered right after the war started, he's training in PSY OPS right now....and he said if anything happened to him he would NEVER want me to do what she did! You cannot blame anyone when her son made this decision himself and was not forced (drafted). Bush didn't take him by the arm with a gun to his head and send him over there!

Iraq_instead.jpg

Ya....Sheehan's son AND my son enlisted AFTER the Iraq war broke out....KNOWING they would be going to Iraq. So what's your point? My son has been there 3 times...and will probably going to someplace in Africa this year. Do i like it? No....but if something happens to him i will not put the blame on anyone, it was HIS CHOICE. You people are all about choice...right?

Pssst- I served so "you people" is outta line missy. :eusa_naughty: Why do all hyper-patriot, rw-types assume that Progressives like me are life-long civilians like a lot of Repub politicians? :dunno:

Last edited:
. Do i like it? No....but if something happens to him i will not put the blame on anyone, it was HIS CHOICE. You people are all about choice...right?

If you don't like than vote for someone that will end our senseless involvements in the affairs of other countries.

Have we ever had anyone run for pres that wouldn't involve us???? Seems to me i haven't had a whole lot of choices. Obama is as much a warmonger as any other president has been.

Its another way of saying "Don't question (Republican) authority"

You only got that half right. Don't just make this a republican thing.
Be honest with yourself at least, the Democrats are just as guilty.
We are still sending our military over there and they are still being wounded and killed.
Obama does not get any special pass on this, as the democrats use the slogan too

Have we ever had anyone run for pres that wouldn't involve us???? Seems to me i haven't had a whole lot of choices. Obama is as much a warmonger as any other president has been.

Obama voted against going into Iraq caroljo :eusa_eh:

Since you asked: Gary Johnson would have been a good choice.
As far as Obama being a warmonger, you will get no argument from me on that.

What does "Supporting the Troops" mean to those who constantly accuse others of not supporting the troops? It means this...

"Shut up, don't ask questions,
do nothing to stop the madness,
and sit by and watch thousands of them die?"​

...that is what you're supposed to do, when supporting a troop.

Anyone who's ever accused someone of not supporting the troops, that is what they're expecting you to do. That is what "Supporting the Troops" means. Putting them in harms way over bullshit lies and in situations that have nothing to do with defending the nation, is how you demonstrate your support and gratitude for their service to this country.
Morons can't seem to be able to distinguish between their opinions about political decisions concerning deployment of US troops, and the actual body of persons who do their job, do it honoring an oath, and do it well.

Pssst- I served so "you people" is outta line missy. :eusa_naughty: Why do all hyper-patriot rw-types assume that Progressives like me are life-long civilians like most Repubs? :dunno:

So? Did you volunteer...or are you old enough that you were drafted? It still makes no difference, we have a volunteer military now....So blaming someone else makes no sense. And also....my family has always been conservative and just about every male for years has been in the military. Do you think the majority in the military are DEMS? HA! The majority of the military HATE Obama! And he knows it, that's why a lot of them that are in other countries never got a chance to vote in the elections (ya know...things just got screwed up).

It's called educating yourself, lil' man.
You tell me why its so important for me to get up to speed on the Korean conflict and I'll hit the books.

Do yourself a favor.....log off mommies computer, exit the basement, and go to bed, Sparky.....Before mommy comes down, slaps you upside the head, and tells ya' to do the same.
Is the reason you're trying to be witty and irrelevent stem from the fact you cannot tell me how average American's have benefited from the $4 trillion bucks we shelled out on these bullshit wars?

Or do you think that American taxpayer dollars, shouldn't be spent for the benefit of American taxpayers?
We are keeping the Taliban and AQ from ever being able to fully assemble again......A very good thing!

We took out a brutal tyrant, Who continually fired on our aircraft, who continually violated the established no-fly zone, who continually threw inspectors out of the country, who continually rattled his sword........ He fully admitted to faking his MWD program, because he wanted Iran to believe he had them, and would use them if necessary, and he fully admitted he didn't think Bush would launch a full scale invasion.....That's all in his interrogation. Go to the CBS NEWS/60 minutes site, search Sadaam Interrogation, go to page 4, and read Sadaam's full confession to the interrogator......Sadaam was given every opportunity to come clean before the invasion, he chose to continue to rattle his sword, he then had that sword firmly implanted up his boney ass......And, just as important, we ensured that his even crazier sons would NEVER be in control of that country, which is exactly what they were being groomed for.

Speaking as a former troop, I don't feel a whole lot of support from the left. Not when I get called "stupid killbot", "babykiller", and "terrorist".

Supporting the troops means not repeating our enemy's claims.

Exactly! All the left is doing when they say these things is supporting the enemy. The enemy gets stronger every time they hear Americans bashing their own soldiers!
The "enemy?"

Who, specifically and exactly, is the "enemy?" What uniform do they wear? Who are their leaders? Where is their headquarters?

Can it be you are talking about the relatives and friends of those innocents we have killed with our bombs and drones? They are our enemies. We created them and we are creating more of them every day. So the situation is not as simple as referring to "our enemies" as if this were 1941 and we are talking about the Japanese Empire and The Third Reich. What we have now is a situation which, unless closely examined and properly addressed, assures us of a state of perpetual "war."

Keep one thing in mind: Every bullet fired by our troops puts a dollar in somebody's pocket. Imagine how much the war profiteers make from a drone flight or a bombing run.

I don't concede that "both wars were wrong" but apparently the anti-war movement concludes that any war is fine as long as there is a democrat in the White House
That really depends on what one thinks of as a "war."

Our military involvement in Korea was called a "police action." Our action in Vietnam was called a "containment." The reason for those semantic proprieties is the relative proximity to what our Nation endured from 1941 to 1945, which was in every sense of the word a war. That distinction is no longer a concern for a Congress which is strongly influenced by a powerful Military Industrial Complex.

What we are doing and what we have done in the Middle East is not war because we, the People, are not in any real way involved in it. We read about it and we see some of it on television and we hear about it from every political angle, but we, the People, do not experience any of it. It may rhetorically be said that our troops are waging war, but the fact is the American Nation certainly is not at war -- and hasn't been since 1945. And if those who are not old enough to remember what it's like to live in a nation at war but would like to know what the differences are, just ask.

"War" sounds much better than military aggression. Doesn't it? But it has nothing to do with Democrat or Republican. It has to do with political corruption and incompetence on both sides of the aisle.

Last edited:
I fully support the U.S. Troops and thank them for their valor in serving this nation. I pray that God cares for them, and until they are home again, holds them in the palm of his loving hands. :)

I guess God overlooked 4,000 of them over the past decade.

And several thousand more whom he didn't feel needed all their limbs or their sanity.
Hardly. 4,000 of them are in a better place looking over us. :)

Then why does the Pope ride around in his bullet proof pope-mobile? What is he afraid of? Someone might shoot him and he'll die and go to a better place looking over us??

Gee, that would suck.

We are keeping the Taliban and AQ from ever being able to fully assemble again......A very good thing!
We are paying the Taliban to guard our convoys to remote outposts in Iraq and AQ is no longer in Afghanistan and they didn't show up in Iraq until we did.

We took out a brutal tyrant,
Whom we knew was a brutal tyrant 20 years before when we were selling him arms to fight the Iranians. If that was the reason, why didn't we take him out back then?

Who continually fired on our aircraft,
That's because we were bombing the shit out of him trying to provoke a war. I've got news for you, if you drop that much ordinance in my back yard, I'll shoot at you too!

who continually violated the established no-fly zone,
Running over 2000 sorties, dropping over 600 bombs, on over 300 pre-selected targets, is NOT "no-fly" zone enforcement.

who continually threw inspectors out of the country,
Who only left Iraq because Bush wouldn't guarantee their safety.

who continually rattled his sword........
As guys do when they're about to throw down.

He fully admitted to faking his MWD program, because he wanted Iran to believe he had them, and would use them if necessary, and he fully admitted he didn't think Bush would launch a full scale invasion.....
Not a legal reason to invade a country.

That's all in his interrogation. Go to the CBS NEWS/60 minutes site, search Sadaam Interrogation, go to page 4, and read Sadaam's full confession to the interrogator......
That was Saddam Hussein?

I thought it was Jerry Garcia!

Sadaam was given every opportunity to come clean before the invasion,
If he was given every opportunity, why didn't we let inspectors finish their mission?

he chose to continue to rattle his sword, he then had that sword firmly implanted up his boney ass......
Are you into mens butts?

And, just as important, we ensured that his even crazier sons would NEVER be in control of that country, which is exactly what they were being groomed for.
It's not up to us to decide who can be the leader of a sovereign nation, but I will say the ones we installed in Iraq and Afghanistan, are as corrupt as they come and frequently use death squads to kill their political opponants.

Then why does the Pope ride around in his bullet proof pope-mobile? What is he afraid of? Someone might shoot him and he'll die and go to a better place looking over us??

Gee, that would suck.
He looks like "Robo-Pope"!

ROBO-POPE: LOVES GOD, HATES CRIME!
(HE'S COMING TO YOUR TOWN)​

Obama voted against going into Iraq caroljo :eusa_eh:

But many of the Dems voted FOR going into Iraq. And Obama should be getting us OUT of Afghanistan or let our military do their jobs. I believe a lot of the reason we keep loosing our soldiers over there is because Obama won't let them fight like they should!

AND....he wanted to keep our soldiers in Iraq and the only reason he couldn't is because Bush had already set the timeline, and the Iraq government wouldn't give our soldiers immunity to their laws, so he had no choice but to get them out as PROMISED by Bush.

After World War 2 and Europe lay in ruin, American psychiatric healthcare providers where flooded with returning veterans who all had been severely troubled by the pressure of real war. For such men the war did not stop when the hostilities ceased and the war they came to know was a battle against their own inner demons they incurred from combat. After Vietnam a lot of American soldiers spent the rest of their lives grappling with the horrors they had seen. It is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, a condition which can negatively effect the disposition of the person inflicted and is a result from the non-stop stress of warfare. Now it seems with conflict heating up across the middle eastern region; and again American soldiers return home with battle scars both physically and mentally and can make it difficult for them to integrate into civilian life. There are several cases of men returning from either Afghanistan and Iraq having complete break downs and in one case violence resulted. When the call goes out to those who want to defend their country even if it means their own lives; from what I seen it is mostly those with nothing who answer the call; or I mean at least much of the armies ranks are made of men and women from poor back rounds. It is, in my opinion, good to feel an obligation to serve your nation in times of war. Though I will not speak about the morality of the Coalitions actions in the middle east, the soldiery is a profession and troops on the ground have nothing to do with policy makers. The Army should take better care of its personnel, have people with proper scientific credentials study what factors lead to Post Traumatic Disorder and how best to limit the impact training and the battlefield has on a man's psyche and get them home and to their families so they can resume a normal life. The government should take care of its own. Sometimes it seems they support the troops when they fight wars but once they are home is there still that same support.

I don't concede that "both wars were wrong" but apparently the anti-war movement concludes that any war is fine as long as there is a democrat in the White House
That really depends on what one thinks of as a "war."

Our military involvement in Korea was called a "police action." Our action in Vietnam was called a "containment." The reason for those semantic proprieties is the relative proximity to what our Nation endured from 1941 to 1945, which was in every sense of the word a war. That distinction is no longer a concern for a Congress which is strongly influenced by a powerful Military Industrial Complex.

What we are doing and what we have done in the Middle East is not war because we, the People, are not in any real way involved in it. We read about it and we see some of it on television and we hear about it from every political angle, but we, the People, do not experience any of it. It may rhetorically be said that our troops are waging war, but the fact is the American Nation certainly is not at war -- and hasn't been since 1945. And if those who are not old enough to remember what it's like to live in a nation at war but would like to know what the differences are, just ask.

"War" sounds much better than military aggression. Doesn't it? But it has nothing to do with Democrat or Republican. It has to do with political corruption and incompetence on both sides of the aisle.

I disagree.

I have a son that has been to Iraq 3 times, he's training in Psy Ops now and so will go to some pretty dangerous areas around the world. When so many soldiers are dying, it IS a war! And ya know what? When my son is in a "war" zone, i'm just as worried for him as the mother of the soldiers in Viet Nam or Korea or WWII...etc......

Speaking as a former troop, I don't feel a whole lot of support from the left. Not when I get called "stupid killbot", "babykiller", and "terrorist".

Supporting the troops means not repeating our enemy's claims.

Exactly! All the left is doing when they say these things is supporting the enemy. The enemy gets stronger every time they hear Americans bashing their own soldiers!
The "enemy?"

Who, specifically and exactly, is the "enemy?" What uniform do they wear? Who are their leaders? Where is their headquarters?

Can it be you are talking about the relatives and friends of those innocents we have killed with our bombs and drones? They are our enemies. We created them and we are creating more of them every day. So the situation is not as simple as referring to "our enemies" as if this were 1941 and we are talking about the Japanese Empire and The Third Reich. What we have now is a situation which, unless closely examined and properly addressed, assures us of a state of perpetual "war."

Keep one thing in mind: Every bullet fired by our troops puts a dollar in somebody's pocket. Imagine how much the war profiteers make from a drone flight or a bombing run.

Thank you Mikey for your fine example of supporting the enemy while slandering our troops. You would make a fine guest of honor at a blanket party.

I disagree.

I have a son that has been to Iraq 3 times, he's training in Psy Ops now and so will go to some pretty dangerous areas around the world. When so many soldiers are dying, it IS a war! And ya know what? When my son is in a "war" zone, i'm just as worried for him as the mother of the soldiers in Viet Nam or Korea or WWII...etc......
This is a war of "choice". Which makes it a war of "aggression". Which is defined by the Nuremburg Principles as a "crime against humanity", the highest crime a nation can commit. This is an illegal and immoral war that goes against everything this country was founded upon.

War should only be used as a last resort, not a foreign policy option.

Forum List

Back