What does "Supporting the Troops" mean?

Thank you Mikey for your fine example of supporting the enemy while slandering our troops. You would make a fine guest of honor at a blanket party.
When you support spending over $4 trillion taxpayer dollars and getting nothing in return, who is really the enemy?

What does "Supporting the Troops" mean to those who constantly accuse others of not supporting the troops? It means this...

"Shut up, don't ask questions,
do nothing to stop the madness,
and sit by and watch thousands of them die?"​

...that is what you're supposed to do, when supporting a troop.

Anyone who's ever accused someone of not supporting the troops, that is what they're expecting you to do. That is what "Supporting the Troops" means. Putting them in harms way over bullshit lies and in situations that have nothing to do with defending the nation, is how you demonstrate your support and gratitude for their service to this country.
not spitting them and calling them baby killers like the left did during Vietnam would help !!

I disagree.

I have a son that has been to Iraq 3 times, he's training in Psy Ops now and so will go to some pretty dangerous areas around the world. When so many soldiers are dying, it IS a war! And ya know what? When my son is in a "war" zone, i'm just as worried for him as the mother of the soldiers in Viet Nam or Korea or WWII...etc......
This is a war of "choice". Which makes it a war of "aggression". Which is defined by the Nuremburg Principles as a "crime against humanity", the highest crime a nation can commit. This is an illegal and immoral war that goes against everything this country was founded upon.

War should only be used as a last resort, not a foreign policy option.

Nuremburg Principles?? How silly. If you want to claim illegally quote an actual law or STFU.

The fighting the ME is no more or less immoral than our war against Japan for exactly the same reasons.

I fully support the U.S. Troops and thank them for their valor in serving this nation. I pray that God cares for them, and until they are home again, holds them in the palm of his loving hands. :)

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

I agree. And I'm going to do more than pray for them, I'm going to continue to try to convince my nation to quit sending them into unnecessary danger.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMEhlfQwLs]Have You Forgotten? - A Seven Year Commemoration for 9.11.2001 - YouTube[/ame]

Nuremburg Principles?? How silly.
Silly? We co-authored those principles, which were written to prevent what the Axis Powers did in WWII.

Dis-respecting them, is dis-respecting us and what we sacrificed in WWII.

If you want to claim illegally quote an actual law or STFU.
We invaded Iraq and Afghanistan in violation of Article 51 of the UN Charter, which states there are only two ways a country can legally attack another country:
  1. If you, yourself are attacked by a significant force
  2. You receive UNSC authorization
Any other reason is illegal.

We were not attacked by Iraq or Afghanistan, nor were they threatening us. And we submitted a resolution to the Security Counsel to get approval for military intervention, but withdrew it, when it became obvious it wouldn't pass.

BTW, in case you didn't know, Article 51 is a treaty Congress has ratified, thus giving it the same weight as the Constitution.

The fighting the ME is no more or less immoral than our war against Japan for exactly the same reasons.
You've been watching a little too much Walker, Texas Ranger! Japan had a modern military and attacked us at Pearl Harbor with 3 carrier groups. Last time I looked, al Qaeda didn't have any carriers.

Going into Iraq was no different than Hitler going into Poland.

I agree. And I'm going to do more than pray for them, I'm going to continue to try to convince my nation to quit sending them into unnecessary danger.
Absolutely!

I support the troops by not wanting to put them in harms way over bullshit lies!

not spitting them and calling them baby killers like the left did during Vietnam would help !!
The Vietnam Vets were my generation and I have a very tender heart for those particular troops, especially in light of the way they were treated when they came home. That was pretty fucked how the left treated them back then.

Of coarse, back then, I was a republican.

The Vietnam Vets were my generation and I have a very tender heart for those particular troops, especially in light of the way they were treated when they came home. That was pretty fucked how the left treated them back then.

Of coarse, back then, I was a republican.
You're a fuckn' idiot!

Yeah, you have compassion for the Vietnam era vets, but run all over the board calling our Afghan and Iraq vets and active duty, TERRORISTS.

STFU, you're a fuckin' clown......I have no doubt you were one of those who were spitting on our Vietnam era vets........No doubt whatsoever.

You just exposed yourself, Slapdick.

Nuremburg Principles?? How silly.
Silly? We co-authored those principles, which were written to prevent what the Axis Powers did in WWII.

Dis-respecting them, is dis-respecting us and what we sacrificed in WWII.

If you want to claim illegally quote an actual law or STFU.
We invaded Iraq and Afghanistan in violation of Article 51 of the UN Charter, which states there are only two ways a country can legally attack another country:
  1. If you, yourself are attacked by a significant force
  2. You receive UNSC authorization
Any other reason is illegal.

We were not attacked by Iraq or Afghanistan, nor were they threatening us. And we submitted a resolution to the Security Counsel to get approval for military intervention, but withdrew it, when it became obvious it wouldn't pass.

BTW, in case you didn't know, Article 51 is a treaty Congress has ratified, thus giving it the same weight as the Constitution.

You've been watching a little too much Walker, Texas Ranger! Japan had a modern military and attacked us at Pearl Harbor with 3 carrier groups. Last time I looked, al Qaeda didn't have any carriers.

Going into Iraq was no different than Hitler going into Poland.

In other words you cannot quote an actual law or give a moral deference.

In other words you cannot quote an actual law or give a moral deference.
Are you on crack?

I just quoted the law, Article 51 of the UN Charter. That's the law!

As for a "moral deference", do you not know how wrong it is, to attack someone who's done nothing to you?

You're a fuckn' idiot!

Yeah, you have compassion for the Vietnam era vets, but run all over the board calling our Afghan and Iraq vets and active duty, TERRORISTS.

STFU, you're a fuckin' clown......I have no doubt you were one of those who were spitting on our Vietnam era vets........No doubt whatsoever.

If you have to make shit up, you really don't have an argument at all.

I got news for you skippy, blind allegeince to the flag, is not patriotism.

And I do not support criminal behavior and actions that go against our American heritage. We're doing the same fuckin' thing the nazis did and I find it disgusting. If that's what you support, then renounce your citizenship and get the fuck out of the country! I'm sure the folks in Weimar, will accept your kind.

You're a fuckn' idiot!

And I do not support criminal behavior and actions that go against our American heritage. We're doing the same fuckin' thing the nazis did and I find it disgusting. If that's what you support, then renounce your citizenship and get the fuck out of the country! I'm sure the folks in Weimar, will accept your kind.
This veteran isn't going anywhere, Slapdick.

Seriously, you're a fuckin' cartoon......Go to bed, Spongebob.

Its another way of saying "Don't question (Republican) authority"

attack_1.jpg

Funny how the anti-war left fell silent when Obama was elected, innit?

They don't want to question Democrat authority.

I disagree.

I have a son that has been to Iraq 3 times, he's training in Psy Ops now and so will go to some pretty dangerous areas around the world. When so many soldiers are dying, it IS a war! And ya know what? When my son is in a "war" zone, i'm just as worried for him as the mother of the soldiers in Viet Nam or Korea or WWII...etc......
This is a war of "choice". Which makes it a war of "aggression". Which is defined by the Nuremburg Principles as a "crime against humanity", the highest crime a nation can commit. This is an illegal and immoral war that goes against everything this country was founded upon.

War should only be used as a last resort, not a foreign policy option.

Speaking of mindless support for terrorists...

You're a fuckn' idiot!

No, it's not. Patriotism is a love of one's country, not blind support for bad leadership. In the hands of frightened authoritarians, it's a tool to silence dissent. Fuck them.

You're a fuckn' idiot!

No, it's not. Patriotism is a love of one's country, not blind support for bad leadership. In the hands of frightened authoritarians, it's a tool to silence dissent. Fuck them.
5295_1187004162530_1451089567_51993.jpg

attackwatch-report-your-neighbors1.jpg

Forum List

Back