What Does 'Born In The U.S.A.' Really Mean?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City

How many of us really paid attention to the lyrics?

I always thought it was a patriotic song about the greatness of living in America.

"Bruce started every show with a really rousing, anthemic-type version of 'Born in the U.S.A.,' " Christie recalls. "With a bandanna on and a cutoff shirt and the fist-pumping, it felt like a celebration of being born in the USA — when really, it's a defiant song about 'I was born in the USA, and I deserve better than what I'm getting.' I think plenty of people didn't get what it was about, including the president of the United States."

What was your take on it?

Much more about this and others @ What Does 'Born In The U.S.A.' Really Mean?

I always thought it was a patriotic song about the greatness of living in America.

"Bruce started every show with a really rousing, anthemic-type version of 'Born in the U.S.A.,' " Christie recalls. "With a bandanna on and a cutoff shirt and the fist-pumping, it felt like a celebration of being born in the USA — when really, it's a defiant song about 'I was born in the USA, and I deserve better than what I'm getting.' I think plenty of people didn't get what it was about, including the president of the United States."

He's still a dirty hippie/commie.

It’s about a Vietnam vet who returns home and finds out that after serving his country, his country has failed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s about a Vietnam vet who returns home and finds out that after serving his country, his country has failed him.

It sure did. We were warned back in the 1950s it was happening even before then but we didn't listen.

Awwwwwww! Panties all twisted because Springsteen pissed in Donnie's corn flakes? Waaaaaaah!!!

I can recall Reagan commenting on this

~S~

Awwwwwww! Panties all twisted because Springsteen pissed in Donnie's corn flakes? Waaaaaaah!!!

I had never heard of Donald Trump in 1987, dude.

That’s not ‘Murican enough! Our vets are the greatest vets! We love them more than any other country loves their vets! Well, except the ones that were captured, of course.

Forum List

Back