What does America stand for? and what makes an American Patriot?

Neo-liberalism has destroyed America's collective consciousness. We have been reduced to a bunch of individuals competing with one another in the marketplace. I don't think America has any principles by which we can all unite.

Or maybe it's destroyed something you want, but you don't get everything you want.
Well, I already stated that I thought America's collective consciousness was destroyed. If that doesn't satisfy you then perhaps you ought to tell me what it is I want.

What I meant was that different people want different things. You want one thing, you want the country to go in one direction, but the US is a semi-democracy and as such other people have other views.

You say that there aren't any principles with which the people can unite. Hardly surprising with the partisan politics and the rich controlling politics.

Until the people take politics back from the rich, nothing will change. But that doesn't mean it'll go the way you want it.
I am under no illusion that society will be organized the way I want. I am only offering my 2 cents on why I believe we are so divided.

And I am offering my two cents back. Sometimes what people want is based on reality, and sometimes it's based on a dream.
I'm not asking for anything.

I see a lot of people, especially on the right, like Bush92 telling people they're un-American for watching football, or protesting.

So, what does America stand for? What are the principles of the USA?

Personally I thought it would have been what the Founding Fathers set down in the Bill of Rights and Constitution. Human Rights are important, treating people fairly and equally, people having the right to talk about politics, people having the right to be left alone by the US govt, but also a government which listened to its people, which represented its people, which worked to improve the country for its people.

What makes an American Patriot?

In my view the term "patriot" is as vague as some other words like "love". What does it mean? Most people don't really know. They know it means that a person loves their country, but how much does a person really love their country? How much of the country do you need to actually love in order for you to be a "patriot".

Clearly you can't love everything and everyone in your country. Many people proclaiming to patriots fly the Confederate flag, a flag of treason, other people will pound on Obama, pound on Trump, pound on the government at home, criticize it massively when their "side" isn't in power. Does this make you not be a patriot?

What is an American Patriot?
Think the exact opposite of most on the Left.

pa·tri·ot
ˈpātrēət/
noun
noun: patriot; plural noun: patriots; noun: Patriot
  1. 1.
    a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.
    synonyms: nationalist, loyalist; More
    chauvinist, jingoist, flag-waver
    "would a true patriot abandon a comrade?"

Definition of patriot
    :eek:ne who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests
    • … praised him as a … motivated patriot who was fearless in the quest to preserve American security.
    • —W. R. Hearst, Jr.

And what is the enemy of the country? The right say the left, the left say the right.

When those waving confederate flags claim to be patriots, when they're supporting treason, and they'll justify blindly and devotedly their view of the world, and they make their enemies in order to pound on others, then you find it's not as easy as a dictionary definition.

No, no.....don't become confused. The Left would love to redefine what it means to be a "Patriot". Sorry, it is what it is...it means what it means. Nothing gray about it.
Take the Lefty spin off the civil war and you'll quickly see "The South" felt that government was depriving them of their constitutional rights. They fought the only way they knew how in an attempt to preserve those rights. THE END

So, it means what it means, but you won't discuss what it means because.....

because what? Because you can't? Most likely.

It doesn't matter what the South thought. There's something in the Constitution which specifically defines what treason is, and the Confederates were sure as hell doing what it says in the Constitution. You've read the Constitution I assume.

As bad as you want to change the definition it is what it is. What's to discuss? Why waste time discussing it...I won't lose myself in your mumbo-jumbo...your OP is rhetorical as all hell...you want to steer the narrative...sorry bud.
Me: "The sky is blue"
You: " Well, it's not exactly blue...I mean it's a shade of blue but what shade is it? Isn't that discretionary to ones different perception?"
It's semantics and trivia that LefTards love to cast over every little thing in an attempt to embrace their own twisted ideologies. It's actually very weird.

I see a lot of people, especially on the right, like Bush92 telling people they're un-American for watching football, or protesting.

Personally I thought it would have been what the Founding Fathers set down in the Bill of Rights and Constitution. Human Rights are important, treating people fairly and equally, people having the right to talk about politics, people having the right to be left alone by the US govt, but also a government which listened to its people, which represented its people, which worked to improve the country for its people.

In my view the term "patriot" is as vague as some other words like "love". What does it mean? Most people don't really know. They know it means that a person loves their country, but how much does a person really love their country? How much of the country do you need to actually love in order for you to be a "patriot".

Clearly you can't love everything and everyone in your country. Many people proclaiming to patriots fly the Confederate flag, a flag of treason, other people will pound on Obama, pound on Trump, pound on the government at home, criticize it massively when their "side" isn't in power. Does this make you not be a patriot?

pa·tri·ot
ˈpātrēət/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

Definition of patriot
    • … praised him as a … motivated patriot who was fearless in the quest to preserve American security.
    • —W. R. Hearst, Jr.

And what is the enemy of the country? The right say the left, the left say the right.

When those waving confederate flags claim to be patriots, when they're supporting treason, and they'll justify blindly and devotedly their view of the world, and they make their enemies in order to pound on others, then you find it's not as easy as a dictionary definition.

No, no.....don't become confused. The Left would love to redefine what it means to be a "Patriot". Sorry, it is what it is...it means what it means. Nothing gray about it.
Take the Lefty spin off the civil war and you'll quickly see "The South" felt that government was depriving them of their constitutional rights. They fought the only way they knew how in an attempt to preserve those rights. THE END

It doesn't matter what the South thought. There's something in the Constitution which specifically defines what treason is, and the Confederates were sure as hell doing what it says in the Constitution. You've read the Constitution I assume.

As bad as you want to change the definition it is what it is. What's to discuss? Why waste time discussing it...I won't lose myself in your mumbo-jumbo...your OP is rhetorical as all hell...you want to steer the narrative...sorry bud.
You: " Well, it's not exactly blue...I mean it's a shade of blue but what shade is it? Isn't that discretionary to ones different perception?"
It's semantics and trivia that LefTards love to cast over every little thing in an attempt to embrace their own twisted ideologies. It's actually very weird.

They want to muddle the truth, that the Kneeles are unpatriotic, and that the Left loves them because of that.

pa·tri·ot
ˈpātrēət/
noun
  1. 1.

Definition of patriot
    • —W. R. Hearst, Jr.

Then why the hell come on a forum like this? Surely the whole point is to talk about things.

You're like an old fart who goes to a football match. "Oh, this is boring. What are they doing? Why do they throw the damn ball. I hate negroes, can't stand them, why do the teams only contain negroes? The food's bad in this place, it's always bad, every time I come it's bad, give me a hot dog you punk, why can't football be as entertaining as the movies. I never go to the movies, but it's more entertaining than this rubbish"

It's amazing the amount of people who call out "I'm a patriot" "you're un-American", and it's amazing at how few people can actually have a discussion about it. Am I surprised? Not at all.

Only to you is the confederate flag a flag of treason. Abe Lincoln as a matter of fact thought completely opposite of what you said you consider it to be. See the problem is coming hay your type get what you think in your head and then leave it at that. Your type forget that your ideas are only yours. If your type would learn to just agree to disagree and get on with your lives stuff would be better.

It's amazing the amount of people who call out "I'm a patriot" "you're un-American", and it's amazing at how few people can actually have a discussion about it. Am I surprised? Not at all.
Every view or definition of a term is personal. That Opinion could be the majority or even in left field..........

What is your view or opinion of a Patriot doesn't mean the next guy will not disagree with you.

Every view or definition of a term is personal. That Opinion could be the majority or even in left field..........

What is your view or opinion of a Patriot doesn't mean the next guy will not disagree with you.

Which is fine. But whether someone agrees with me or not, shouldn't they at least be able to set down their opinion in writing?

Which is fine. But whether someone agrees with me or not, shouldn't they at least be able to set down their opinion in writing?
Who is stopping you...................

America began as the only country to have true freedom and liberty. We weren't ruled by anyone and our forefathers decided we should have representatives to work for us. That has been lost over the years as career politicians see themselves as royalty who rule people rather than see themselves as public servants. Patriots appreciate what our forefathers did for us and the opportunities their actions allowed for everyone.

The left seeks to take away liberties. The second amendment was never about hunting. It was always about protection, especially against a corrupt government that would seek to take away our rights.

Not surprising you would have to ask:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

America began as the only country to have true freedom and liberty. We weren't ruled by anyone and our forefathers decided we should have representatives to work for us. That has been lost over the years as career politicians see themselves as royalty who rule people rather than see themselves as public servants. Patriots appreciate what our forefathers did for us and the opportunities their actions allowed for everyone.

The left seeks to take away liberties. The second amendment was never about hunting. It was always about protection, especially against a corrupt government that would seek to take away our rights.

But then the people don't use it to get rid of the corrupt government. In fact they protect it.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Ah, liberty and justice.

Do you think liberty abounds? One nation under God? But with the liberty to not want God thrust in your face? Indivisible, but with deep divisions?

Justice, but with a corrupt government, one part of it elected by a minority, comprising only 12 states, 20% of the people?

Seems the current system does NOT stand for you think the US stands for. Sounds like you should be protesting and demanding change, like Proportional Representation.

What are you talking about? I responded appropriately.

Ah, liberty and justice.

Do you think liberty abounds? One nation under God? But with the liberty to not want God thrust in your face? Indivisible, but with deep divisions?

Justice, but with a corrupt government, one part of it elected by a minority, comprising only 12 states, 20% of the people?

Seems the current system does NOT stand for you think the US stands for. Sounds like you should be protesting and demanding change, like Proportional Representation.

So, you can have California and New York, two states swelled by unwanted and partially illegal Third World Immigration dominate the rest of the nation?

No, that was never the deal our ancestors agreed to.

And I won't now.

And it wasn't 20%. YOu don't get to assume all non voters agree wtih you. Odds are they break down along the lines of voters.

Neo-liberalism has destroyed America's collective consciousness. We have been reduced to a bunch of individuals competing with one another in the marketplace. I don't think America has any principles by which we can all unite.

Or maybe it's destroyed something you want, but you don't get everything you want.
Well, I already stated that I thought America's collective consciousness was destroyed. If that doesn't satisfy you then perhaps you ought to tell me what it is I want.

There is no such thing as a collective consciousness, you blithering fool.

I can understand the appeal of one to you, however, as you aren't able to think properly.

I can understand the appeal of one to you, however, as you aren't able to think properly.
What are our common connections as Americans? Is it merely the dirt we walk on?

Common connections (i.e. traditional bourgeois values) are not "collective consciousness). These include:

- Patriotism, or at least an appreciation and respect for our freedoms and the system that protects them
- Hard work
- Thrift
- Self-reliance
- Private charity for the truly destitute
- Education
- Marriage before having children
- Staying married to raise children into self-sufficient adults
- Being a good neighbor/member of the community
- Tolerance (not acceptance) of those who are different

These are all being undermined by global elites using ignorant left wing stooges as their ground troops.

Common connections (i.e. traditional bourgeois values) are not "collective consciousness). These include:

- Patriotism, or at least an appreciation and respect for our freedoms and the system that protects them
- Hard work
- Thrift
- Self-reliance
- Education

These are all being undermined by global elites using ignorant left wing stooges as their ground troops.
The fact that you were able to write down common connections is testament to the fact that you are conscious of them. If Americans share those values with you, you think they do, then they form our collective consciousness.

- Hard work
- Thrift
- Self-reliance
- Education

The fact that you were able to write down common connections is testament to the fact that you are conscious of them. If Americans share those values with you, you think they do, then they form our collective consciousness.

Please get dictionary and learn what words mean.

Knowledge of something is not a Collective Consciousness..

Forum List

Back